PDA

View Full Version : Pve Pack Raptor Deck

chansen005
08-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Ok, i feel as though i have finally perfected this deck by taking out the majority of ramping cards which i deemed usless. The deck looks like so.

Champ
Ebonrock
All troops are artifact troops

#___name____cost

Colorless
4 Secret Lab 3
4 Spectral Lotus 0

Wild
4 Pack Raptor 1
4 Wild Growth 1
4 Sensei of the Milkey eye 2
4 Master Beast Rider 3

Sapphire
4 Ancestors Chosen 1
4 Journeyman Technician 2
4 Dream Dance 3

So basically, I have the Lowest mana curve i could find that cycles through my deck as fast as i can, Every card listed has 1 threshhold of the select color, so split the mana right down the middle. The idea is simply survive. I will be ditching something (probably Dream Dance) for ANY healing that gets revealed to us, which i expect wild will have something coming up. Journeyman Technician is key. If he's in play every troop and artifact cost -1 which is retardedly overpowered with my abundance of 1 drops. Dream dance also acomplishes this free cards and card draw idea. against opponents where i dont have the fastest opening hands, master beast rider and wild growth are my removal spells.

Asside from boss encounters where 1-1 troops and below are instantly killed, does anybody feel as though there is something in the game that straight up murders my deck?

DrakarT
08-12-2013, 06:59 PM
I like it !! im dying to try the Raptors + Lotus!! :D

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-12-2013, 07:12 PM
Void Breach works well with the troops that draw a card when they enter play, especially if you use the amulet for it that gives you 2 troops instead of 1, and especially if you have a Journeyman Technician out (or whatever they're calling it these days). If you happen to have a critical mass of the troops on the board when you cast the Breach, it's actually possible to go infinite off of it (basically, you draw so many cards that you have more free card draw in hand - free thanks to the Technician - than non-cantrip-troops in your deck), and even if it doesn't go infinite it's usually a massive swing in your favour, especially if the majority of the troops you had out were Pack Raptors.

And at 5 mana its certainly cheap enough to play. I know in my first Pack Raptor decklist I used it and loved it.

Rycajo
08-12-2013, 07:16 PM
I could see something coming into the game that penalizes a player who draws after the draw step. Or perhaps prevents a player from drawing more than X cards a turn. Outside of that, the ability to go quickly through your deck getting out a large number of raptors and Spirits should be pretty effective.

Actually, the Colossus revealed this past Friday could cause you problems. Even if you have a very large pack of very large raptors, you may be allowed to attack with only one. Then without crush, the opponent only need to have one chump blocker each turn to shut you down.

NecroPleas
08-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Dingler + hood, mebbe. Or zombie plague. Depends on how fast you get things rolling.

Erebus
08-16-2013, 09:14 AM
Just add a couple Buccaneers or Time Ebbs into your deck if you need to deal with cards that prevent you from attacking. Bounce said Colossus, swing with 30 raptors.

I like this deck a bit more then the people that try and force the Raptor + Gambit combo. It's pure aggressive speed. I don't know why you'd want a healing card as that would just slow you down from what you are trying to accomplish. I think deck works best as just trying to overwhelm the AI with your cards, especially if you have the equipment that allows you to draw a card upon playing a pack raptor.

chansen005
08-16-2013, 11:44 PM
@ Erebus,
you are correct that my deck is based on a lot of aggro, but you need to prepare for the idea that you could be taking X damage a turn through other sources (fliers or raid boss auras) and in the long run your deck gets stronger the later in the game it is. so stall is A-OK with me, the longer the game goes on, the more mana i get, the more pack raptors are in my deck and thus the more i can play in a single turn. take into account judgments and extinctions, and as long as i don't die. i will win.