PDA

View Full Version : About the last mercenary revealed

teasel
08-13-2013, 04:20 PM
it's pretty clear that it's suited for a rush style deck like the shin'hare,by giving him for free at gencon don't you fear of making shin'hare deck more popular? wouldn't it have better to make another all purpouse merc like gax for such an event?

Barkam
08-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Keep in mind that mercs are only for PvE. So I don't think this should bea problem.

Shadowelf
08-13-2013, 09:00 PM
It will also be untradeable and account bound, so don't expect it will flood the market; and if it turns out to be too powerful it will be nerfed.

Khazrakh
08-13-2013, 10:10 PM
And it's just one of dozens of dozens mercs that will be available. There'll be a merc for everyone ;)

teasel
08-14-2013, 04:01 AM
well yeah but the point is that if you make a good PvE Shin'hare deck then you are probably bound to change a few cards and use it as a PvP Shin'Hare deck

and i know there are other merc,but this will be the merc they start with

anyway i guess it will depends more on number of player that go to gencon vs number of player that don't go to gencon... worst case we can always make some hate card (i propose a giant bunny snatching eagle)

Bovisrex
08-14-2013, 04:24 AM
Zombie Plague kind of is already a hate card for the Shin'Hare deck.

Shadowelf
08-14-2013, 05:02 AM
anyway i guess it will depends more on number of player that go to gencon vs number of player that don't go to gencon... worst case we can always make some hate card (i propose a giant bunny snatching eagle)

This year's Gencon rewards (besides sleeves) will be available in treasure chests opened in boosters during next year's Gencon (source kotr interview 1:01 47 http://www.twitch.tv/knightsoftheroundshow/b/430004874 and also here http://hextcg.com/exclusives-treasure-and-mercenaries/)

ursa23
08-14-2013, 05:05 AM
Teasel, there are no mercs in PvP, so how he interacts with your deck won't matter. In PvP it's all the balanced champions.

AbandonAllHope
08-14-2013, 05:07 AM

Yeah, Shinhare hate card!! Make a card called Elmer Fudd, and give him the ability "Every other turn, it becomes Wabbit Season. During Wabbit Season, every time Elmder Fudd blocks or is blocked by a shinhare, if you speak the words ['Got you, you wabbit stew, you'] out loud, Elmder Fudd gains +3/+3 this turn".

Stok3d
08-14-2013, 06:00 AM
Yeah, Shinhare hate card!! Make a card called Elmer Fudd, and give him the ability "Every other turn, it becomes Wabbit Season. During Wabbit Season, every time Elmder Fudd blocks or is blocked by a shinhare, if you speak the words ['Got you, you wabbit stew, you'] out loud, Elmder Fudd gains +3/+3 this turn".

May not work, Shin'hare will just sideboard Bugs which turns "Wabbit Season" it into "Duck Season".

ossuary
08-14-2013, 06:55 AM
Duck Season: Target Mallard loses their bill (3 damage, cannot attack next turn).

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-14-2013, 07:32 AM
I'll tell you right now, there's only one merc that looks like it could compare to a champ in overall power level, given how amazing the first 14 levels of a warrior look (and going with the assumption that champ talents would get even better as the levels went higher). I'd be pretty surprised if one of the current mercs was the champ of choice for a shin'hare PvE deck, rather than one of the champs.

teasel
08-14-2013, 07:41 AM

oh oh! i know! we need a valkyrie shin'hare,make it happen hex team!

arastor
08-14-2013, 09:30 AM
May not work, Shin'hare will just sideboard Bugs which turns "Wabbit Season" it into "Duck Season".

My favorite hidden psychology reference.

Corpselocker
08-14-2013, 08:02 PM
I just watched the Korean movie Woochi where a giant rabbit kicks some serious arse on Netflix. I may have to leave sapphire control to satisfy my rabbit dreams. I'll be eager to get that new merc.

loopholist3
08-15-2013, 06:48 AM
Can someone post a link to the merc, because I am unsure what the last merc revealed was.

Chiany
08-15-2013, 06:50 AM
http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Portensio-of-Avon-Back.jpg