PDA

View Full Version : 2on2

Deepdigger
08-13-2013, 10:27 PM
hi,

i enjoy very much 2on2s with a bunch of friends.
I know, cards are not balanced for that. However we still play it and because it is just so much fun getting incredible combos and stuff. We even had our own banlist.

Is there any chance that any form of 2on2 will be implemented?
I dont care about tournaments, just for fun, even if it is extremely unbalanced (friends can ban cards anyways).

KiraForce
08-13-2013, 10:34 PM
Cards aren't balanced but they can be used in this way. In fact 2v2 became so popular, Wizards made it a whole format in Magic: http://mtg.wikia.com/wiki/Two-Headed_Giant

Not sure on the optimization of it for HEX, but I know this format can be fun and offers some great possibilities.

Deepdigger
08-13-2013, 11:00 PM
yes we played double-headed ogre in WowTCG.
It is awesome, still some cards have stronge effects in a 2on2 (for example boost for each card in a graveyard, etc.)

shocker455
08-13-2013, 11:08 PM
There will be 2v2 formats.

Maybe not when beta starts, but id be extremely surprised if hex didnt have 2v2 by time it was released.

Alive
08-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Very very very weird side note. I came onto the forums Just now to make a post asking this very same question, will there be 2vs2's, and your post was at the top of the list... Eerie

Shadowelf
08-13-2013, 11:35 PM
There will definately be 2 vs 2 in the future; it is in their plans, and they are looking for ways to implement it, so that it will be enjoyable experience (Source Angry Joe interview 0:19:38-0:20:35 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VUn3gOclMc)

keldrin
08-14-2013, 12:00 AM
Uhm... I played 4 headed giant in MTG.....
Usually with plenty of Scotch......

Deepdigger
08-14-2013, 12:40 AM
Uhm... I played 4 headed giant in MTG.....
Usually with plenty of Scotch......

I guess when scotch is involved, the late night rounds will be kind of messy :)

In our case it was mostly 4-6 players nice weather, cool drinks and sometimes BBQ megasessions. I guess for HEX we will have to skip the drinking an BBQ, but the fun with the games would be awesome.

Also what i find interessting; in my case the 2vs2 brought most of the ppl i know to TCGs.
When i started playing alone it was like: Meh your a nerd and to old for that! When they visited us seeing that you can play with a friend against others it was like, This seems to be fun, let me try it with you the next round. For introducing players that have no experience it is a very nice way.

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-14-2013, 01:15 AM
They'll definitely incorporate multiplayer, and I wouldn't be surprised if various team games were a part of that.

For my own story, while I've done various types of multiplayer, I once had a game of emperor with 5 other people. For those that don't know, emperor is a format where you have 3 people on 3 people - the emperors sit in the middle facing each other, and then they have two commanders, one on either side, facing an opposite commander. There's a range of influence of 1, and the objective is to defeat the opposing emperor, so typically one commander has to defeat their opposing commander to open up the opposing emperor to being attacked. So that the emperor can be more involved, their creatures gain the ability "tap: target player that isn't an opponent gains control of this creature", so they can pass their creatures to their commanders for their use.

In any case, with that explanation out of the way, three of my mates decided to be a bit annoying once, and on their team they played... slivers. All 3 of them. With the best of the 3 decks being held by the emperor - and given the range of influence of 1, we couldn't actually get rid of the slivers he had that were providing the more awesome buffs like double strike and unblockable. Needless to say, that game ended quickly...

I also remember a four team 2HG game I had earlier this year - my ally and I were both coincidentally playing lifegain decks, and it seemed that it slipped most people's minds that we were on about 50 life when I played Felidar Sovereign. Everyone passes around to us, and we're just like "upkeep, good game?".

Svenn
08-14-2013, 06:17 AM
Cory said he was a big fan of 2v2 and it will likely be in, I believe.

Personally, while 2v2 is cool I prefer 1v1v1v1. ;)