PDA

View Full Version : GenCon & Hex - Stories, Pics, and Video

Pages : [1] 2

Stok3d
08-15-2013, 05:08 AM
Please share what you can so I may live vicariously through you today :D
I don't get in until Friday, but someone please upload some pics / share some stories from your phones! I'm dieing to see!!!

Anyone streaming, doing interviews, etc feel free to throw your plugs / links in here for where to go.

List I've gathered so far:

hex_colin - Posting Pics, Blog Posts, & Interviews @ http://www.thehexvault.com/blog (http://www.thehexvault.com/blog)
funktion - Tweating Hex Coverage @FunktionFails (https://twitter.com/FunktionFails)
Cory Jones - Tweating Pics & Inside Scoop @CoryHudsonJones (https://twitter.com/coryhudsonjones)

Stok3d
08-15-2013, 05:14 AM
Just came across this:

Although I'm not big on social media at all, my wife has been insisting that I live tweet gen con... so... I'm going to : P

Anyhow, I was really hoping to have a pre-gencon video out before I left, but there were just too many hiccups with the last one I did and I ran out of time : (. With that said, I definitely have a fun giveaway (or two if I'm lucky) in store when I get back.

If anyone has something Hex related that they want me to investigate just send a tweet back at me and I'll see if I can find an answer. My twitter handle is in my signature, otherwise I'll have some stuff in store (including an interview with Cory & Drew) when I'm back and rested up from the trip!

In the meantime checkout the Threshold Podcast (http://www.thresholdpodcast.com/), those guys are great!

ossuary
08-15-2013, 05:22 AM
I like their podcast, and I've enjoyed several of their articles, too. Looking forward to what they have to say about GenCon. Despite the many years of nerd cred that I've built up, I've never lived close enough to or had enough spare cash to afford a trip to a major convention. One of these days...

Until then, all hail vicarious. :)

hex_colin
08-15-2013, 05:25 AM
Stok3d: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog will have a few posts/articles each day. I'll be posting pictures from the CZE booth, pics from the League area, thoughts on playing Hex, interviews with Cory and others, and other random thoughts from GenCon. The frequency will depend on what the traffic is like at the League area - the sooner I can get 9 tickets, the sooner I'll be devoting a good fraction of my time to writing blog posts.

funktion
08-15-2013, 05:49 AM
thanks for the spotlight stoked, and yeah definitely holler if you guys wanna know something

Chiany
08-15-2013, 06:02 AM
This was suggested on our guild forum, maybe ask the questions from this topic that weren't asked in the interview?

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26167&highlight=interview

ossuary
08-15-2013, 06:10 AM
Actually, if anyone wants to take requests on questions, it would be great to get an ETA on when the official game rules will be available. I know nothing is 100% finalized yet, but having the rules in hand would let us figure out how some of these card interactions are going to work. So the sooner we can get the rules, the better. Also, we're all super curious and excited. :)

Stok3d
08-15-2013, 06:23 AM
Cory Jones ‏@coryhudsonjones 55m
Its cosplayers me! Or is it cross-play :)

This is awesome! Thank you for the pic! lol

http://i.imgur.com/KDMUBWa.png?1

d00dz
08-15-2013, 06:31 AM
LOL!!!

Now I hope some more tidbits about the impending bear wrestling will be unveiled.

iscariotrex
08-15-2013, 06:52 AM
I want class and race breakdowns for the 50 level progressions. MOAR PVE news please Crypto.

keroko
08-15-2013, 07:11 AM
have fun!

ossuary
08-15-2013, 07:14 AM
Cory may possibly be the coolest, most self aware game designer of all time. :)

*whistles appreciatively*

wurtil
08-15-2013, 08:36 AM

A new card, a rename, and a rename+nerf. Also, Wild Child, a 2/2 for 2 with a single wild threshold at common.

In addition, I can confirm that hex_colin is the first person ever to lose a match of HEX. ;)

d00dz
08-15-2013, 08:43 AM

A new card, a rename, and a rename+nerf. Also, Wild Child, a 2/2 for 2 with a single wild threshold at common.

In addition, I can confirm that hex_colin is the first person ever to lose a match of HEX. ;)

Wow! You actually already played Hex? :D

I'm happy for you and wish I could share the experience.

hammer
08-15-2013, 09:03 AM

Wow poor Master Beast Rider :-( New Art New Name and downgraded to a Minor Socket.
Sorry Jax's it doesn't look good for the one the only WRD either.

ossuary
08-15-2013, 09:17 AM
I don't suppose they would make two different cards with the same basic ability, one as a socketable major, and one as a minor? That's pretty unlikely, right? Poor Master Beast Rider.

self1sch
08-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Wow Feral Ogre is pretty cool.

So are there more/different decks on gencon than spoiled two weeks ago and on the twitch stream?

wurtil
08-15-2013, 09:28 AM
I don't suppose they would make two different cards with the same basic ability, one as a socketable major, and one as a minor? That's pretty unlikely, right? Poor Master Beast Rider.

Nope, confirmed with Ben Stoll that this is the date of MasterBeast Rider.

Also, servers are down right now, only got those images from watching hex_collin play a (quarter) of a match against the ai.

d00dz
08-15-2013, 09:29 AM
Nope, confirmed with Ben Stoll that this is the date of MasterBeast Rider.

Also, servers are down right now, only got those images from watching hex_collin play a (quarter) of a match against the ai.

That's interesting. So the AI is as good as they said it would be? :)

Sad about the MBR nerf but I guess it really was too strong for an uncommon.

ossuary
08-15-2013, 09:31 AM
The Feral Ogre has to have been boosted somehow. No way would there be a 3/2 crush for 2 resource as a common. I'm guessing it's just 3/2 for 2, which is perfectly fine. Something else must have given it crush (I know we've talked on these forums before about the green text not being consistent in the version of the game they most recently showed us, but 3/2 for 2 makes the most sense to me).

wurtil
08-15-2013, 09:35 AM
The Feral Ogre has to have been boosted somehow. No way would there be a 3/2 crush for 2 resource as a common. I'm guessing it's just 3/2 for 2, which is perfectly fine. Something else must have given it crush (I know we've talked on these forums before about the green text not being consistent in the version of the game they most recently showed us, but 3/2 for 2 makes the most sense to me).

Nope, 3/2 crush for 2 with WW threshold. There exists a similar card in MTG, so it's not that crazy.

hammer
08-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Encouraging news on the AI there by the sounds of things. Hope the servers back up soon so we can get fed more info Thanks Wurtil for the pictures so far.

Icepick
08-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Someone ask Ben what the new Master Beast Rider is!

Vengus
08-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Someone ask Ben what the new Master Beast Rider is!
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26976&page=2&p=284464&viewfull=1#post284464

It's the scout.

Icepick
08-15-2013, 09:41 AM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26976&page=2&p=284464&viewfull=1#post284464

It's the scout.

No, I mean the new card called Master Beast Rider, using the elf riding a giant tortoise. It either has new rules, or no longer exists at all. I'm hoping for the former.

OP_Kyle
08-15-2013, 09:43 AM
No, I mean the new card called Master Beast Rider, using the elf riding a giant tortoise. It either has new rules, or no longer exists at all. I'm hoping for the former.

He'll likely have to tell you several times if he tells you.

hammer
08-15-2013, 09:44 AM

Kyle you tease!

Chiany
08-15-2013, 09:55 AM
Wow poor Master Beast Rider :-( New Art New Name and downgraded to a Minor Socket.

indeed, this new art sucks in comparisen.

the new master beast rider has to be bitching.

Maphalux
08-15-2013, 10:00 AM
What's wrong with the new art? It is kinda blurry but it looks cool to me. That elf is all hiding behind the tree waiting to shoot that Vennen in the face.

Icepick
08-15-2013, 10:02 AM

You're killing me here!

Ashenor
08-15-2013, 10:27 AM
Long day at work! Will be there tomorrow for the weekend. WWKnight is currently at my house and Machine is coming with us also. See you guys tomorrow.

self1sch
08-15-2013, 10:41 AM
Can't wait to see the first redeemable cards popping up on ebay :D

Estar1
08-15-2013, 10:46 AM
On the 3/2 with crush, there is the same exact card in MTG : http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=226896

in MTG green always gets the most cost-efficient creatures but generally has limited removal. hard to say its the same in HEX

ossuary
08-15-2013, 10:55 AM
Well, color me corrected. :)

Chiany
08-15-2013, 07:12 PM
No new info yet?

wurtil
08-15-2013, 07:21 PM
HEX stations were down most of the day due to technical issues beyond CZE's control. I got to watch the half-game when the demo booth first opened in the morning, but I had to leave shortly after the stations went back online late in the afternoon. Expect a lot more info tomorrow, especially after the Dragon Lord dinner.

funktion
08-15-2013, 07:56 PM
got probably something like 2-3 hours of just talking face to face with cory and ben. man they are really operating on the next level, totally a step ahead of everyone else planning and design wise. The ai is capable of some pretty impressive stuff and sounds like they are pushing pretty hard for cash tournaments which fire off regularly.

Chiany
08-15-2013, 08:08 PM
got probably something like 2-3 hours of just talking face to face with cory and ben. man they are really operating on the next level, totally a step ahead of everyone else planning and design wise. The ai is capable of some pretty impressive stuff and sounds like they are pushing pretty hard for cash tournaments which fire off regularly.

Awesome, alpha can't come fast enough.

Gwaer
08-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Any word on time limits on the hex machines?

Ashenor
08-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Private Dragon Lord Dinner play/event?? :)

TheKraken
08-15-2013, 08:23 PM

This is why I'm so excited for Alpha and the future of Hex. Thank you everyone for sharing and looking forward to hearing more juicy info!

Stok3d
08-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Expect a lot more info tomorrow, especially after the Dragon Lord dinner.
Hey now!!! There is a cash bar and I don't enjoy adult beverages but maybe during a few holidays a year. It's not like I'm going to say no to throwing a few back with 50x of my new closest friends. So yeah, don't divulge everything. What happens at GenCon stays at GenCon :p

Now about those cameras taping the event...

BossHoss
08-15-2013, 08:46 PM
I expect to see you in your ModBot suit

Stok3d
08-15-2013, 08:46 PM
I expect to see you in your ModBot suit

Boss, I don't hear from you enough. Are you going?

I'm pretty sure modbots can't imbibe liquids unless it is oil. It damages the circuitry.
The mod suit is definately being left at home. I'm 100% player and Hex enthusiast at GenCon :)

Maphalux
08-15-2013, 08:47 PM
I'm pretty sure modbots can't imbibe liquids unless it is oil. It damages the circuitry.

BossHoss
08-15-2013, 08:55 PM
Boss, I don't hear from you enough. Are you going?

The mod suit is definately being left at home. I'm 100% player and Hex enthusiast at GenCon :)

I am already here and will be at the dinner for sure. Played hex all day today, part of a great talk with Cory for an hour, and putting faces to names is fun!

I have been quiet lately because of working on something new I will show you tomorrow

hex_colin
08-15-2013, 09:10 PM
Just uploaded some of my pictures from today (including a couple of cards we hadn't seen and a VERY hungry Mushwocky!): http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/15/gencon-2013-thursday-pictures/

Yubar
08-15-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the pics Colin! Looks like you had a blast

felmare
08-15-2013, 09:30 PM
Just uploaded some of my pictures from today (including a couple of cards we hadn't seen and a VERY hungry Mushwocky!): http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/15/gencon-2013-thursday-pictures/
collins suit is epic..

hex_colin
08-15-2013, 09:31 PM
collins suit is epic..

It's funktion actually - with both Ben and Cory... Let me get the captions updated! :)

Chiany
08-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Thanks Colin, that Mushwocky was hungry ^^

Best picture is the awkward hug with Cory obviously.

hex_colin
08-15-2013, 09:36 PM
Thanks Colin, that Mushwocky was hungry ^^

The bunny slaughter was truly epic, but he needed to be fed...

felmare
08-15-2013, 09:39 PM
how did it feel at your finger tips collin? was it as good as you thought it would be?

hex_colin
08-15-2013, 09:48 PM
how did it feel at your finger tips collin? was it as good as you thought it would be?

Hex is awesome! It's not perfect yet, but I'd be more than happy to play it the way it is. The UI is beautiful, the gameplay was really responsive, and, with minor exceptions, it was really easy to pick up and play. I played 4 of the decks: the ruby Burn deck was a LOT of fun (and lethal) and the blood/wild bunnies were awesome (and multiplied like, well, bunnies...). Some minor bugs, and some not particularly obvious gameplay elements, but I imagine they'll get fixed pretty quickly.

The CZE folks were rock stars in the face of significant adversity! It took quite an effort to get us the game, but it was well worth it in the end.

Corpselocker
08-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Good on you Colin. I'm glad that with the minor hiccups that you are still our shining civilian rep for the game.

Maphalux
08-15-2013, 10:01 PM
So did that Mushwocky get murdered or did it survive to eat off your opponent's face?

hex_colin
08-15-2013, 10:06 PM
So did that Mushwocky get murdered or did it survive to eat off your opponent's face?

I'd like to tell you that he crushed funktion into oblivion... But, I was actually going to die next turn to my own Wretched Brood, so I sac'd all of my troops to see just how big I could get him... ;)

Cory_Jones
08-15-2013, 11:12 PM
It's been like a dream getting to meet everyone! Even Princess Cory :)
Looking forward to tomorrow and No tech issues :)
Ps. The team ruled ! And Chris Woods is a goddamn rock star

Connected
08-15-2013, 11:18 PM

Thanks for the pictures. Can you work on auto-focus tomorrow? Cards without details lack value. :(

Chiany
08-15-2013, 11:23 PM
It's been like a dream getting to meet everyone! Even Princess Cory :)
Looking forward to tomorrow and No tech issues :)
Ps. The team ruled ! And Chris Woods is a goddamn rock star

hehe, now go get some sleep, tomorrow there will be another horde raiding your stand and game clients :D

Icepick
08-16-2013, 03:18 AM
Jealousy levels increasing!

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-16-2013, 06:34 AM
Sounds like it's going well over there. Get as much goss and info as you can!

Also, are the ruby and orc decks proving as awesome out of the precons as I thought they'd be? >:-3

Also also, POOR MASTER BEAST RIDER! It was destined to be such an awesome troop in wild/x midrange due to 2-for-1 removal, but with only a minor socket it'll be hard to find a place for it. Perhaps... wild/ruby aggro with one of the wild minors to keep it on curve and push through extra burn?

Still, it makes me a sad panda. >.<

EntropyBall
08-16-2013, 06:43 AM
thanks for the spotlight stoked, and yeah definitely holler if you guys wanna know something

I'm sure people would love any new PVE information you can glean. I was wondering if they are balancing the PVE content around just PVE cards, or assuming that players have access to the entire card pool?

wurtil
08-16-2013, 07:10 AM
I'm sure people would love any new PVE information you can glean. I was wondering if they are balancing the PVE content around just PVE cards, or assuming that players have access to the entire card pool?

Expect to hear more on this today hopefully. Chris Woods (lead PVE designer) wasn't exactly available for discussions yesterday as he was busy being a rock star and leading the team to get all the technical issues fixed.

jdizzle
08-16-2013, 07:52 AM
Pretty cool getting to read all about, can't wait for Alpha! Nice work on Hex vault, Colin!

Hemlock
08-16-2013, 08:11 AM
Loving the coverage, guys. Thanks for keeping us in the loop!

MBR - or the scout or whatever - can still use the Sapphire Quick Action gem to be a troop + mini Wild Growth. But yeah, that stock just plummeted.

majin
08-16-2013, 08:52 AM
thanks for the updates everyone. makes me feel connected to gencon even if i am very very far away

hex_colin
08-16-2013, 09:36 AM
Also, are the ruby and orc decks proving as awesome out of the precons as I thought they'd be? >:-3

They just added the 2 Twitch decks this morning. I wanted a quick win so I played the Ruby Burn deck - mission accomplished! The ruby deck is so fast...

hex_colin
08-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Added a few new pics from this morning: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/16/gencon-2013-friday-update/

I have an interview with Cory that I'll try to post ASAP.

Other than that, the line at the Hex League is INSANE today! 3-4 times as many people as yesterday. And a huge number of non-KS players - looks like the game is starting to really take off.

Maphalux
08-16-2013, 09:59 AM
That's awesome to hear, Colin. Hopefully there won't be any technical difficulties today so the game can knock peoples' socks off.

Gorgol
08-16-2013, 10:04 AM
Added a few new pics from this morning: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/16/gencon-2013-friday-update/

I have an interview with Cory that I'll try to post ASAP.

Other than that, the line at the Hex League is INSANE today! 3-4 times as many people as yesterday. And a huge number of non-KS players - looks like the game is starting to really take off.
Great news!

iscariotrex
08-16-2013, 10:16 AM
Ah, bittersweet... I have a need for those new gamers to want to sell their promos on ebay. I guess I can deal with the game just being a huge success.

sprmario2k3
08-16-2013, 10:50 AM
i am dying to find out about tablet support. It is much easier for me to play on a tablet sitting on the couch next to my wife vs. sitting at the computer in the next room away from the wife. She always gets annoyed at that.

hex_colin
08-16-2013, 11:07 AM
I got a chance to interview Cory a short time ago!

You can catch the RAW UNEDITED (Iíll take a pass at editing it, transcribing it, and reducing the background exhibit hall noise once GenCon is over) audio on SoundCloud by clicking on the widget in the blog post. We discussed a wide range of topics including:

Coryís GenCon experiences throughout the years
His thoughts on interacting with the KickStarter backers
How much time he gets to play/test Hex, his favorite deck types and cards
Some interesting thoughts on a number of PVE-related areas:

Gold Sinks
Rewarding players for recruiting other players
Spectral Lotus in PVE Tournaments

Weíll have more interviews from GenCon over the weekend! If you have specific questions for any of the CZE folks leave a comment and Iíll see what I can do to get you an answer.

http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/16/gencon-2013-interview-with-a-princess/

Chiany
08-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Awesome interview, thanks Colin.

One noob question, what is a "Johnny" player? And what are the other types named?

OP_Kyle
08-16-2013, 11:27 AM
I've been told the line to play HEX at Gen Con is 200 people deep!

MoikPEI
08-16-2013, 11:30 AM
@Chiany
https://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtgcom/daily/mr11b
Archetypes Wizards of the Coast use to guide their designs.

"Johnny is the creative gamer to whom Magic is a form of self-expression. Johnny likes to win, but he wants to win with style. Itís very important to Johnny that he win on his own terms. As such, itís important to Johnny that heís using his own deck. Playing Magic is an opportunity for Johnny to show off his creativity."

The others are Spike and Timmy. Longer descriptions at the link.

Maphalux
08-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks for sharing, Colin!

MoikPEI
08-16-2013, 11:35 AM
The Platinum Crown sounds very interesting. Combine that with a potential way to cash out and Hex would go quite viral quite fast.

hammer
08-16-2013, 11:38 AM
Will there be a weekly update today or is the team too busy with GenCon?

Maphalux
08-16-2013, 11:40 AM
That's a good question, Hammer. I had forgotten that today is normally update day. Hopefully there still is one. :)

Icepick
08-16-2013, 11:56 AM
New card previews are up, so I guess that answers that question!
http://hextcg.com/card-preview-august-16th/

hammer
08-16-2013, 12:00 PM
Falconer is nice :-)

Chiany
08-16-2013, 12:14 PM
Falconer is nice :-)

Nice, but doesn't really fit the Ruby theme, for pvp at least.
It might see play in limited, but doubt it.

I like the Rocket Ranger alot more.

MoikPEI
08-16-2013, 12:29 PM
I can see Falconer being useful in one of those crazy stacking-rage decks, since then the Falcons would almost be getting the effect twice; once from the original sources and again from the Falconer as he gets the rage effect bonus.

Maphalux
08-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Besides the infusion of ruby aura, effects that give rage to other creatures generally only give it to orcs.

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-16-2013, 01:21 PM
Just listened to the interview - great work Colin; loved hearing it. I wouldn't stress about cleaning up the sound too much; it's definitely easy enough to hear as is.

The Platinum Crown program sounds great, and I'm looking forward to its eventual release. :-)

Also, it's interesting that Cory misremember what Spectral Lotus does. Unless... unless... unless they've updated it since the KS and it no longer cantrips when it enters play, and he's actually remembering what it does now. /fear /dread /terror >.<

ossuary
08-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Yeah, the version they showed us from the kickstarter absolutely says you draw a card when it enters play. No question. I really hope they haven't changed that.

I was planning to build a deck around bouncing it back to my hand over and over just so I could keep getting free card draws. :p

Maphalux
08-16-2013, 01:34 PM
I have to be honest. I really dislike the MLM Platinum Crown idea. They are called pyramid schemes for a reason. The people at the bottom are always the ones to get the short end of the stick while the people at the top reap all the benefits. And you can't climb the ladder either. Wherever your brick is laid is where you will stay in the pecking order. All you can hope for is that you can expand the base even deeper so that you aren't low man on the totem pole.

But we also don't have the full details about it so I could change my mind upon hearing the idea more fully fleshed out.

Hemlock
08-16-2013, 01:44 PM
Would someone mind giving a brief recap of the whole Platinum Crown business? I can't access the interview at the moment.

HyenaNipples
08-16-2013, 01:47 PM
It's just a referral rewards program. Essentially, a sort of pyramid scheme where you make money off of your referrals and every referral below them.

Honestly, the concept filled me with dread, but Cory said it was just an idea and it sounded like other members of the team were poo-pooing it in the form he described. It won't be in at release, whatever it turns out to be in the end.

DisOrd3r
08-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Would someone mind giving a brief recap of the whole Platinum Crown business? I can't access the interview at the moment.

I wanna know that too! :D

iscariotrex
08-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Colin, you are the MVP at Gen Con man; keep swingin' for the fences. I really appreciate all of your work since I can't be there. Thank you sir.

hammer
08-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Pyramid schemes are illegal here I believe

MoikPEI
08-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Platinum Crown TL;DR
1) Platinum Crown is not even in the planning phase.
2) It's a loose theoretical idea Cory wants to explore, and he predicts many flaws with it.
3) It's not pending to be implemented.
4) The premise is that if you recruit a friend, you get a share of the Platinum they spend. (Amazon does referral links like this)
5) The Multi-Level Marketing twist is that if your friends recruits a friend, you get a cut of the cut they get when the friend's referral spends Platinum, and so on down the line where you get a cut from any referral bonus among people who came in along a 'referal lineage' which has you at the head.

HyenaNipples
08-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Well, it's called Multi-Level Marketing, but I generally lean into the camp that thinks it sounds a lot like a pyramid.

Just imagine fansite owners trying to get more referrals to fund "contests" and such, while being rather mum on how much platinum they are actually making. Jealousy swinging all over the community over who has more referrals and how much money everyone is generating. Then, if you have people using their referral platinum to make purchases, does this feed upwards in the pyramid, rewarding everyone above them? People could go infinite on an eternal revenue chain of platinum referrals with their own duplicated accounts.

Throw on the possibility of platinum being withdrawn for real cash?

It's a nightmare, in my opinion. Though keep in mind, this is ALL MY OWN SPECULATION off a hazy idea that Cory mentioned off the cuff of his sleeve. It is not in the game, and there is no definitive plan to even create it for real.

I'm not trying to fear monger here.

Xenavire
08-16-2013, 02:24 PM
I've been told the line to play HEX at Gen Con is 200 people deep!

Wow - you should get someone on supplying us with some photo's of A) the line, and B) the bear.

And if you could set up some youtube footage of some random guys playing games, we would all grovel in grattitude (I can't be the only insanely jealous one here.)

EDIT: About the Platinum crown, I actually started a thread to gather fresh ideas to help Cory fix the issues, so that he might someday be able to implement it. I mean, what else do we have to do while we wait? I say we help him out if we can.

Bailin
08-16-2013, 02:38 PM
The info is terrific Colin, keep up the great work. The interview went well, it's always great to hear from the guys at Crypto and hope you get more opportunities to speak with them. I'd be pretty happy if they could stream some of the games played as well.

Enjoy the dinner, those that are attending, and keep feeding us on this end as much as you can. All of your work is really appreciated.

Mr.Funsocks
08-16-2013, 05:28 PM
Yeah, referral program where you get a reward is fine (and fun), but the pyramid scheme, not so much. S'ok though, Cory is good about not following through with bad ideas ;)

d00dz
08-16-2013, 05:33 PM
I would be happy to participate in a referral program but I really, really hope there won't be an MLM-like scheme. Its just gonna blow things out of proportion.

TheKraken
08-16-2013, 05:38 PM
One tier won't hurt - a small plat bonus for a direct referral - but no more tiers. Pyramid methods are called schemes for a reason - it's no bueno.

Selix
08-16-2013, 06:17 PM
Here are some random Gencon 2013 photos. There are some Hex shots towards the end but I don't think anything new. Mostly taken with my Canon t4i.

This is on my copybox account (it's pretty much dropbox). If someone wants to host them somewhere else for easier displaying feel free to.
https://copy.com/t4dthAEF2WyroZZN

I'll be taking more photos Saturday and Sunday so if there is anything specific anyone wants me to take pictures of please let me know!

Shameless plug..
Copy.com referral link you get +5gb if you use it.
https://copy.com?r=DKqpjQ

Quasari
08-16-2013, 06:31 PM
Multilevel marketing and pyramid schemes are different yet similar.

Pyramid schemes typically are focused only duping people in then getting them to dupe more people, the only people getting any benefit out of this being the people at the top. The duped people are typically buying something essentially worthless(such as product one can't really sell for profit or a "training" ebook) for a large price. The pyramid falls apart when they can't dupe anyone else.

Multilevel still generally has a product that is profitable, it just adds in additional profits from people you recruit. Pyramid schemes will charade as multilevel marketing, but without that product, it's not really.

Any referral program for the sale of platinum would not be a pyramid. It shouldn't fall apart unless the product disappears. You aren't necessarily buying in either when you refer/are refered. I have no problem with it.

iscariotrex
08-16-2013, 06:38 PM
Eagerly awaiting news from the Dragonlord Dinner.

Mr.Funsocks
08-16-2013, 06:51 PM
Multilevel marketing and pyramid schemes are different yet similar.

Pyramid schemes typically are focused only duping people in then getting them to dupe more people, the only people getting any benefit out of this being the people at the top. The duped people are typically buying something essentially worthless(such as product one can't really sell for profit or a "training" ebook) for a large price. The pyramid falls apart when they can't dupe anyone else.

Multilevel still generally has a product that is profitable, it just adds in additional profits from people you recruit. Pyramid schemes will charade as multilevel marketing, but without that product, it's not really.

Any referral program for the sale of platinum would not be a pyramid. It shouldn't fall apart unless the product disappears. You aren't necessarily buying in either when you refer/are refered. I have no problem with it.

They're different, yes, but it's still a bad idea :-P It would create FAR too much animosity.

firedancer27
08-16-2013, 08:54 PM
So my favorite game of Hex so far at Gen-Con....playing the burn baby burn deck and starting with a hand of 3 ragefires........that was pretty rediculous! I'm hoping it is something the designers fix in the game but when you play a ragefire and you also have another ragefire in your hand....the burn damage doesn't update for the ragefires in your hand. You just have to remember that you played one and the vaule is doubled for what you have. They said it was a known issue but I didn't really hear that they were planning on fixing it. It is also hard to tell what is an actual issue or what is just an issue for the build they put together for Gen-Con. So far its been really fun playing and have met a ton of cool people. Some really interested in talking...and some not so much. Can't wait to play again tomorrow!

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-16-2013, 10:30 PM
I'd imagine they'd plan on fixing that. Seems easy enough to do, and seems very important.

Still, 3 ragefires in your opening hand... you lucky duck! :-O

hex_colin
08-16-2013, 10:44 PM
Eagerly awaiting news from the Dragonlord Dinner.

Set 2 - Sapphire Dragon ;) http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/17/set-2-spoiler-zeedu/

Most importantly, Ben from the end of KS Twitch feed made an appearance! :)

hammer
08-16-2013, 10:52 PM
Set 2 - Sapphire Dragon ;)

Ha he was so amusing - hopefully you can take full advantage to leverage some further hex info :-)

hex_colin
08-16-2013, 10:54 PM
Ha he was so amusing - hopefully you can take full advantage to leverage some further hex info :-)

I'm pretty sure that was funktion's mission for much of the night!

hammer
08-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Let's hope it's more Funktion less Fail

Chiany
08-16-2013, 10:59 PM
I'm pretty sure that was funktion's mission for much of the night!

Awesome, sounds we (the ppl not @ Gen Con) are not left behind.

Thanks so much guys, you are Awesome!!!

funktion
08-16-2013, 11:29 PM
In case you havent heard it from me already, Ive been amazed this whole weekend at how humble and passionate these guys are. Really though words are not enough. Ill be doing my best to be updating with more concrete stuff once im home, having internet issues at the con.

Also im very pleasently surprised at how many people standing in line to play hex had never heard of it, the playerbase is going to growing so fast. Lots of newcomers / outsiders have a ton of interest in this game.

hex_colin
08-16-2013, 11:30 PM
Some really quick thoughts about the Dragon Lord dinner... http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/17/gencon-2013-dragon-lord-dinner/

Sleepy time!

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-16-2013, 11:32 PM
Omg, Zeedu... now that's one hell of a wincon. At least +2 significant card advantage whenever it connects... yes please!

However, 7 mana and requires a combat phase to actually see the benefit means Jax = sad panda. I don't know if there'll be a control archetype that's hard enough in set 1 that will warrant playing a 7 drop as a finisher; I think right now I prefer the Ancestor's Chosen route.

Gorgol
08-16-2013, 11:37 PM
Omg, Zeedu... now that's one hell of a wincon. At least +2 significant card advantage whenever it connects... yes please!

However, 7 mana and requires a combat phase to actually see the benefit means Jax = sad panda. I don't know if there'll be a control archetype that's hard enough in set 1 that will warrant playing a 7 drop as a finisher; I think right now I prefer the Ancestor's Chosen route.
didn't the thing say its set 2?

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-16-2013, 11:49 PM
Indeed it does... seems odd to release a set 2 spoiler before set 1 is even out; I was on autopilot and just assumed set 1. ^^ Regardless, my statement holds general truth - 7 drops need some very hard control and a lot of upside to warrant being played (in competitive PvP; it'll surely find homes in casual, limited and PvE).

Kroan
08-17-2013, 12:38 AM
Wow! The USB and the poster are pretty neat! What a great move from Crypt to give something out to those highlevel backers! :)

Kami
08-17-2013, 12:42 AM
Wow! The USB and the poster are pretty neat! What a great move from Crypt to give something out to those highlevel backers! :)

I totally agree. Sadly, it's only for the ones able to attend.

I'm still trying to figure out how that USB thing works though. Can't see where the connector is. Any specs on it? *curious*

hammer
08-17-2013, 12:49 AM
I totally agree. Sadly, it's only for the ones able to attend.

I'm still trying to figure out how that USB thing works though. Can't see where the connector is. Any specs on it? *curious*

something like this http://www.usbtrader.com/usb-flash-drives/ultra-slim-card?gclid=COjs3__-g7kCFXMgtAodzCwAuw

McKizz
08-17-2013, 02:40 AM
New Friendships
GenCon has been awesome the last couple of days. The excitement is growing, as are the relationships many of us are building with one another. It's been a pleasure to meet Colin, Funktion, BossHoss, and more. If you're at GenCon, look for me! You can tweet me @HexInformer or just find me probably standing around/near the Hex League area off and on.

My picture, if you're looking for me: http://www.hexinformer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/McKizz-with-Hex-Tickets.jpg

"Long time listener, first time caller..."
I've been browsing the forums off and on for the past few weeks but haven't posted. I've been encouraged to begin posting, so here I am. And I will continue to do so. I'm extremely pleased with how friendly and welcoming everyone has been at GenCon. And the game is in PRE-ALPHA. It will be exciting to interact with this community more and more as it grows.

Chiany
08-17-2013, 03:00 AM
New Friendships
GenCon has been awesome the last couple of days. The excitement is growing, as are the relationships many of us are building with one another. It's been a pleasure to meet Colin, Funktion, BossHoss, and more. If you're at GenCon, look for me! You can tweet me @HexInformer or just find me probably standing around/near the Hex League area off and on.

My picture, if you're looking for me: http://www.hexinformer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/McKizz-with-Hex-Tickets.jpg

"Long time listener, first time caller..."
I've been browsing the forums off and on for the past few weeks but haven't posted. I've been encouraged to begin posting, so here I am. And I will continue to do so. I'm extremely pleased with how friendly and welcoming everyone has been at GenCon. And the game is in PRE-ALPHA. It will be exciting to interact with this community more and more as it grows.

awesome, added you to my following list on twitter.

McKizz
08-17-2013, 03:01 AM
awesome, added you to my following list on twitter.

Thanks, Chinay! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Icepick
08-17-2013, 03:34 AM
Set 2 - Sapphire Dragon ;) http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/17/set-2-spoiler-zeedu/

Zeeduuuuu! Nice! Was wondering when we'd see this guy! So jealous of all you GenCon people :P

DisOrd3r
08-17-2013, 04:12 AM
Damn I'm jealous! :D wished I could meet you guys and get some promotional stuff too ^^

Dralon
08-17-2013, 05:18 AM
Con has been great so far, and I so enjoyed meeting many of you at the dinner, or across the Hex computer. Or in line waiting for a computer to open. The games ran very smoothly yesterday, and I'll echo others comments that the CZE team has gone way beyond the extra mile in pulling this off. Looking forward to more Hexing today!

wurtil
08-17-2013, 06:01 AM
In other big news, Gwaer and myself were promised a set based around our lives if we win the first world championship with succulent Roostasaur in the main deck. Challenge accepted!

Chiany
08-17-2013, 06:03 AM
In other big news, Gwaer and myself were promised a set based around our lives if we win the first world championship with succulent Roostasaur in the main deck. Challenge accepted!

Haha that would be funny, a biography in game.

bofedy
08-17-2013, 06:46 AM
Isent that the guilds goal to win every match with roostasur?

ossuary
08-17-2013, 06:52 AM
Sounds like a succulent suggestion. :)

Gwaer
08-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Pretty sure these are unspoiled. Cory gave me the go-ahead. Don't say I never gave you anything.

Uzume deserves some of the credit I guess. http://forums.cryptozoic.com/webkit-fake-url://3FD22B72-AD09-40E9-94C6-D91C7E05EF96/imagejpeg

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/webkit-fake-url://DDCF0897-8F38-4EF1-B515-D21F3F519C0C/imagejpeg

Aww. Broken images. I'll fix it... From my phone somehow.

Hemlock
08-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Gwaer, you tease.

Icepick
08-17-2013, 05:47 PM
You monster :P

Gwaer
08-17-2013, 06:17 PM
I really did paste some images in from my phone. But they didn't work. Trying to correct it. =P

ramseytheory
08-17-2013, 06:39 PM
I really did paste some images in from my phone. But they didn't work. Trying to correct it. =P

Pasting images in directly from your phone won't work (although some phones try to hide that fact for some insane reason). You need to upload the pictures to somewhere like imgur and then post links, or use the insert image forum button if that works on phones.

e: I'm reasonably sure he's not just teasing - there are webkit-fake-urls in his post's source, and googling around they seem to be what you get if you try pasting an image into a text field on a phone.

infam0usne0
08-17-2013, 07:15 PM

These images from uzume, courtesy of gwaer.

http://fpsgamingsystems.co.uk/BoltpawWizard.jpg

http://fpsgamingsystems.co.uk/ShinhareHighborn.jpg

Gwaer
08-17-2013, 07:19 PM
Thanks infamous. =)

Kami
08-17-2013, 07:25 PM
Looking at the artwork just makes me want to grab an image of all artwork portion of the cards and create a mosaic Hex logo. :)

zadies
08-17-2013, 07:30 PM
I wonder if revert means to remove all perminate effects or just tokens or something else.

Chiany
08-17-2013, 07:39 PM
I wonder if revert means to remove all perminate effects or just tokens or something else.

Wondering what Revert means ingame too.

infam0usne0
08-17-2013, 07:39 PM
that's exactly what it means. revert the card to it's orginal text and printed atk and def.
essentially removing all gained effects and stats.

The question is does it also untransform a troop?
you may be able to revert a transcended back into an aspirant.

Stok3d
08-17-2013, 10:07 PM
I'm still in shock that I'm hanging out with the Cryptozoic staff and so many of the community forum personalities I've admired in thread. I got to say that this experience has been almost surreal. I've tried to introduce myself to everyone possible in the area and my god is this community amazing and the CZE staff is in a class of their own.

Seriously, hanging out with the designers, community managers, and even the CCO, etc this weekend reaffirmed that these guys are the "real deal". I know Cory gets a lot of the press and face time, but the amount of "OMG" extends through and through. The handful of designers and developers I met are genius and borderline savant (I'm serious--we can just stop with the discussions about how we think the game should be "tweaked" as it's not needed), and they all have a heart of gold. Heck, one even sat down and battled 2 of 3 of my kids and a frustrated wife of mine to complete a game of Hex. I'm still in amazement at this feat (and want to extend another thank you :) )

Without divulging name specifics on both the CZE employees and ppl I met and hung out with... I'll just say that my jaw is still dropped. I always believed this community rocked, the CZE staff was tops, and the game was going to be nothing short of the best. Well now I know firsthand. Honestly guys, anyone reading this message is blessed to be a part of it all. I think you already know that--but yeah Hex is going to be THAT GOOD.

dogmod
08-17-2013, 10:26 PM
Blaha.. I can't resist someone please ask someone if they saw/liked any of my ideas ;)

That and I am stoked for gen con when this is more towards my coast. Have fun and I will trade someone a delicious sandwich for a mercenary!

Xintia
08-17-2013, 10:48 PM
I also have to say that, despite the fact that I obviously could not attend the Con, all the activity surrounding it has shown me what a great community I have the good fortune to be a part of. All the blogs, and twitter feeds... the pictures, and the videos... they all paint the same picture of a company in CZE and a community surrounding HEX that is simply amazing. And this actually proves one aspect of HEX that I had truly hoped would be true... that a digital game can create some of the same experiences we are familiar from physical games. No we might not all be able to meet at the local card shop, but the level of camaraderie and rapport within this community exists regardless.

Looking forward to "seeing" you all across a draft table or a PvE raid or a "Wild West" tourney sometime very soon. :)

Chiany
08-17-2013, 11:04 PM
I also have to say that, despite the fact that I obviously could not attend the Con, all the activity surrounding it has shown me what a great community I have the good fortune to be a part of. All the blogs, and twitter feeds... the pictures, and the videos... they all paint the same picture of a company in CZE and a community surrounding HEX that is simply amazing. And this actually proves one aspect of HEX that I had truly hoped would be true... that a digital game can create some of the same experiences we are familiar from physical games. No we might not all be able to meet at the local card shop, but the level of camaraderie and rapport within this community exists regardless.

Looking forward to "seeing" you all across a draft table or a PvE raid or a "Wild West" tourney sometime very soon. :)

Amen, well said.

Grumph
08-18-2013, 01:12 AM
I'm very glad Hex was at Gencon, I've lived about 80 miles from Indy all my life and I've not had a reason to go to Gencon but always wanted to, I'm a video gamer at heart not a table top gamer. This year I went and it was really quiet amazing, Hex was even more fun then I thought it would be(inspire is amazing). Almost everyone that i talked to was very pleasant and helpful, although there were a few grumpy folks who didn't like losing.
I played a total of 16 of games and lost only 4. My favorite decks were United We Stand(Ruby and diamond), the mono Blood, and the eternal life(diamon). Inspire has some crazy potential, I don't think people understand how good this keyword ability is yet. On my first game the Sword Trainer with the pvp merc buff that gives a perm +2+0 allowed me to drop two sniper of gawaines that turned the game from a 15hp to 1hp game, in which i really thought I would lose, to a victory. The sniper, sword trainer, and merc buff won me most of my games, it works out so perfectly too. On round 5 i can play my fifth resource to charge my mercs ability, which I play on my sword trainer then cast my sniper(who is now (6/2) who nukes for 6 on entering play. I even had a video personality here at hex concede to me on the 4 round, we were both at 20 hp, but i had 3 inspire troops down and had just used inner conflict on his big hitter.
Now the game had some bugs, several in fact. But less than I expected for the monumental task of debugging a game with several hundred cards. Every time they implement a new mechanic they will have to make sure it works will all of the old ones, including those that are unique to single cards. This is a huge task i'm sure, but the bugs in the game did not detract from the fun of the game one bit.
I am now more excited about Hex then I was before I played it. I was playing with preconstructed decks and having a hell of a good time and I really can't wait to make my own. For the most part the other players were courteous.
I want to thank CZE for taking there game to Gencon and giving me a reason to go and for making a totally awesome game with really amazing mechanics that I can't wait to get into the real meat of the game.

sambly14
08-18-2013, 01:39 AM
I'm still in shock that I'm hanging out with the Cryptozoic staff and so many of the community forum personalities I've admired in thread. I got to say that this experience has been almost surreal. I've tried to introduce myself to everyone possible in the area and my god is this community amazing and the CZE staff is in a class of their own.

Seriously, hanging out with the designers, community managers, and even the CCO, etc this weekend reaffirmed that these guys are the "real deal". I know Cory gets a lot of the press and face time, but the amount of "OMG" extends through and through. The handful of designers and developers I met are genius and borderline savant (I'm serious--we can just stop with the discussions about how we think the game should be "tweaked" as it's not needed), and they all have a heart of gold. Heck, one even sat down and battled 2 of 3 of my kids and a frustrated wife of mine to complete a game of Hex. I'm still in amazement at this feat (and want to extend another thank you :) )

Without divulging name specifics on both the CZE employees and ppl I met and hung out with... I'll just say that my jaw is still dropped. I always believed this community rocked, the CZE staff was tops, and the game was going to be nothing short of the best. Well now I know firsthand. Honestly guys, anyone reading this message is blessed to be a part of it all. I think you already know that--but yeah Hex is going to be THAT GOOD.

Since your hanging out with the CZE staff, ask them if they plan on releasing any info on WoW since us card floppers have been in the dark for some time now.

Chiany
08-18-2013, 01:58 AM
Since your hanging out with the CZE staff, ask them if they plan on releasing any info on WoW since us card floppers have been in the dark for some time now.

I think if there was some info about it, they would have told you wow players.

self1sch
08-18-2013, 03:15 AM
Thanks to EVERYBODY who is reporting from GenCon! :)

Icepick
08-18-2013, 03:48 AM
Gotta say, I'm a little disappointed with what the Shin'hare Highborn turned out to be considering how I had overinflated it in my mind on my Casual Hex post! Him and the Boltpaw Wizard look great though, so thanks for those.
Super jealous of everyone at GenCon now!

ossuary
08-18-2013, 05:19 AM
Yeah, the Boltpaw Wizard seems like a natural foil to a well-developing Inspire deck. There are some really interesting interactions and counter-balances at play in this game... my little brain gets more excited and scheme-y all the time. ;)

Gulbech
08-18-2013, 07:29 AM
Hey all

Long time lurker and Slacker backer. Just wanted to thank you all for the great updates, cabt wait to play this game :)

-Gulbech

hex_colin
08-18-2013, 07:37 AM
Just posted an interview with Ben: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/18/gencon-2013-interview-with-ben-stoll-game-designer/

I got a chance to have a conversation HEX Game Designer Ben Stoll at GenCon. You can catch the RAW UNEDITED (I'll take a pass at editing it, transcribing it, and reducing the background exhibit hall noise once GenCon is over) audio on SoundCloud. I'm pretty quiet on a few of the questions because of how we had to set up the interview - it'll be pretty obvious what the questions were though. We discussed a wide range of topics including:

Ben's GenCon experiences throughout the years
How much time he gets to play/test Hex, his favorite deck types and cards
Some interesting thoughts on a number of game design-related areas: Resources, Set 2 Sapphire Dragon
Motivations for working on HEX

We'll have another interview from GenCon posted tomorrow!

Gorgol
08-18-2013, 07:53 AM
the Coyotle ambusher example, wow they're really thinking far beyond anything I could have fathomed. Even if it gets shelved permanently, just the fact they're thinking along those lines is great to know.

Chiany
08-18-2013, 08:00 AM
@ Colin, thanks for the interview.
but like I tweeted just now, your voice was very soft.
Ben's voice was good.

nevermind, you wrote it youself already.

keroko
08-18-2013, 08:07 AM
everyone is having far too much fun, categorically.

how did the lan go? any valuable data for the alpha / beta client from the test?

Did CZE co-opt any more artists for card art? I know they were trying some time ago.

What's the feel like on the show floor for the thing?

what food was there at the dragon lord dinner?! were there minstrels?

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-18-2013, 08:21 AM
The Boltpaw Wizard right now looks like it could certainly come out of the sideboard, to counteract certain permanent buffs/debuffs, either offensively (ie. using its ability against a juiced up Living Totem) or defensively (using it to counteract an Inner Conflict). Because it's only a 2/2 for 5 with abilities that could potentially be useless at this stage I wouldn't think it'd make a mainboard, but depending on how important these permanent buffs end up being it could certainly be worthy of a few sideboard slots.

Gwaer
08-18-2013, 09:29 AM
So. Got another unspoiled bunny. Someone from my guild should post it later. It... Is amazing. Was definitely a missing link in the shin'hare deck. 1cost 1/1 when this or any other troop you control dies gain 1 health.

Nthanel
08-18-2013, 09:36 AM

Here it is.
It was me vs Gwaer too

Hemlock
08-18-2013, 09:41 AM
Oh, wow. Yeah, that's a game-changer for the blood/wild Shin'hare decks. Thanks for the reveal!

ossuary
08-18-2013, 09:53 AM
The Boltpaw Wizard right now looks like it could certainly come out of the sideboard, to counteract certain permanent buffs/debuffs, either offensively (ie. using its ability against a juiced up Living Totem) or defensively (using it to counteract an Inner Conflict). Because it's only a 2/2 for 5 with abilities that could potentially be useless at this stage I wouldn't think it'd make a mainboard, but depending on how important these permanent buffs end up being it could certainly be worthy of a few sideboard slots.

It's true that the cost to play is high, but your Shin'Hare decks are also likely to have a lot of resource ramp in them, so this could be castable on turn 3 or 4 pretty consistently, giving you good protection so the rest of your bunny marauders can do their dirty work.

Frankly, I'd be very surprised to NOT see an effect similar to Ashnod's Altar for the Shin'Hare within the first couple of sets. It fits their style so perfectly... one troop dies to give you the resources you need to get bigger and better ones out.

Vorsa
08-18-2013, 09:59 AM
I saw on HexTCGShuffle (http://hextcgshuffle.com/) that an artist named Alexandra Douglass was selling art prints at GenCon of the work she did for the female elf warlock player character:

http://www.alexandra-douglass.com/images/cg/hex1.jpg

Hopefully not old art - first time I've seen it, at least!

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-18-2013, 10:17 AM
It's true that the cost to play is high, but your Shin'Hare decks are also likely to have a lot of resource ramp in them, so this could be castable on turn 3 or 4 pretty consistently, giving you good protection so the rest of your bunny marauders can do their dirty work.

Frankly, I'd be very surprised to NOT see an effect similar to Ashnod's Altar for the Shin'Hare within the first couple of sets. It fits their style so perfectly... one troop dies to give you the resources you need to get bigger and better ones out.
They have the best ramp card out of all (in Ritualist of the Spring Litter), but the issue with the Boltpaw is that if your opponent doesn't have a troop worthy of reverting or doesn't play any such effects on you, then it becomes virtually a vanilla 2/2 for 5 which just isn't worth it. The mill effect is virtually redundant outside of mill decks, as your giving up board position on a strategy that you likely won't win through. I think that atm we have to call it as a potential sideboard card, and then move it into the realm of mainboard worthy if reverting is *that* important. We also can't ignore the cost to use the ability, but sometimes it'll be totally justified (saccing a troop to revert a troop under the effect of Inner Conflict is card neutral, and actually card advantage if you sacrifice a different troop under the effect of an Inner Conflict).

As for the new 1/1 blood Shin'hare? Its somewhat hard to tell, but it could warrant being the one drop in the wild/blood Shin'hare Eulogist/Blood Cauldron Ritualist/Wretched Brood style deck.

hex_colin
08-18-2013, 10:33 AM
the Coyotle ambusher example, wow they're really thinking far beyond anything I could have fathomed. Even if it gets shelved permanently, just the fact they're thinking along those lines is great to know.

Yeah, this card idea blew my mind. I can't wait to see it in the game at some point in the future.

hex_colin
08-18-2013, 10:51 AM
GenCon-related... Probably a good idea to keep tabs on this thread and on the other sub-forums over the next week or so. Myself and quite a few others are likely to be giving away GenCon mercs and sleeves. :) We "forced" ourselves to line up and play more games just to have a few spare. ;)

self1sch
08-18-2013, 11:06 AM
GenCon-related... Probably a good idea to keep tabs on this thread and on the other sub-forums over the next week or so. Myself and quite a few others are likely to be giving away GenCon mercs and sleeves. :) We "forced" ourselves to line up and play more games just to have a few spare. ;)

I love you guys :D

DisOrd3r
08-18-2013, 11:15 AM

How awesome of you guys! :D

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-18-2013, 11:24 AM
I have to agree; the community thanks you for your generosity with both these GenCon items, and more importantly, all these juicy updates in general. <3

The_Wine_Gnat
08-18-2013, 11:36 AM

Awesome! Been checking your website and the forums consistently everyday now.

Chiany
08-18-2013, 11:43 AM
I have to agree; the community thanks you for your generosity with both these GenCon items, and more importantly, all these juicy updates in general. <3

Indeed, you guys are doing an awesome thing.
I love this Community.

funktion
08-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Had a great weekend, it's too bad that I wasn't able to spend some more time chatting with other community members, gwaer and outlandishmatt especially. Seemed like every time we bumped in to one another that something came up. Everyone I met was incredibly friendly and just excited to be there, hopefully some of that great attitude and environment will carry over to the forums as well.
oh and sorry about the lack of pictures, its time for a new phone methinks

theghost32
08-18-2013, 02:14 PM
980 gencon was awesome got my akward cory hug ,et guys from dn overall was an awesome time

Stok3d
08-18-2013, 02:15 PM

Colin, does your generosity EVER stop?!?

This is one spoiler I'll divulge to the community--you.
I learned this weekend that Colin was responsible for:

6x people present inside the Dragon Dinner
Paid for flights and hotel for at least three people (and some were flown 4000mi+)
Donated 200+ Slacker Backers
Noticed he picked up the entire alcohol tab while at the DL dinner for Everyone when I asked for me bill (ty again)
and the Ipads, etc he's giving out at http://www.thehexvault.com/

and this is just what I'm privvy too. I know he's got some other big plans going on at his site etc.

Kami
08-18-2013, 02:30 PM

Paid for flights and hotel for at least three people (and some were flown 4000mi+)
Noticed he picked up the entire alcohol tab while at the DL dinner for Everyone when I asked for me bill (ty again)

and this is just what I'm privvy too. I know he's got some other big plans going on at his site etc.

Wow! Props to Colin!

The generosity of the community in general has been amazing thus far.

Spread the love! :p

ossuary
08-18-2013, 02:30 PM
Holy crap, that's amazing, Colin. I knew you had done the Dragon Dinner giveaway and were flying someone out, but I didn't know about all the rest. I am completely blown away time and again by the amazing people in this community. That's just fantastic.

You rock, Colin. :)

khamelk
08-18-2013, 03:02 PM
I definately back the watch threads for Gencon giveaways idea. On our long car ride home we are working on how to give out some of the grand loots we got to those who couldn't come and heard at least two other groups looking a methods of giving away their extra loots.

The_Wine_Gnat
08-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Love this community! About time I joined one of the supportive guilds. :)

jimmywolf
08-18-2013, 03:29 PM

i salute you an your good nature, i won't lie i had pessimism about the whole gen con only rewards. but people like you make me regret that as you given more too the community, then i ever could an prove it not all about oneself. i also look forward too seen you around in game, maybe ill get lucky an be able play you in a match!

CrownZero
08-18-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm always blown away by this community.
Keep it up everyone!
See you in Alpha.

Blargrag
08-18-2013, 03:56 PM
I've been lurking here for quite a while, but figured that thanking Colin would be a good first post.

Colin, you rock. Especially thank you for flying funktion out there. It would have been tragic if he had been unable to attend. The picture of his Cory Hug made my day.

This is the first online community that hasn't terrified me. Thanks to everyone for being awesome.

On a side note, when I read "Revert" i assumed that it meant MtG's "Untap". I'm stoked for the actual mechanic, but it made me wonder what we are calling untap in Hex....

Un-exhaust? Vitalize?

did i just miss it?

MoikPEI
08-18-2013, 04:03 PM
I've been lurking here for quite a while, but figured that thanking Colin would be a good first post.

Colin, you rock. Especially thank you for flying funktion out there. It would have been tragic if he had been unable to attend. The picture of his Cory Hug made my day.

This is the first online community that hasn't terrified me. Thanks to everyone for being awesome.

On a side note, when I read "Revert" i assumed that it meant MtG's "Untap". I'm stoked for the actual mechanic, but it made me wonder what we are calling untap in Hex....

Un-exhaust? Vitalize?

did i just miss it?

Per Menacing Gralk, it's "Ready"
http://www.hex-datamine.com/cards/Menacing-Gralk/76

felmare
08-18-2013, 04:06 PM
"On a side note, when I read "Revert" i assumed that it meant MtG's "Untap". I'm stoked for the actual mechanic, but it made me wonder what we are calling untap in Hex....

Un-exhaust? Vitalize?

did i just miss it?"
I believe it is being called "ready"
one of the artifacts our there has "ready target artifact."
since we are thanking collin im putting in my thanks once again for had it not been for his generosity i would not have access to alpha since i still do not have 50$... ty collin

and i gotta fix my sig...

MoikPEI
08-18-2013, 04:07 PM
Oh yeah. That'd be the Dwarven Turbine. :)
http://www.hex-datamine.com/cards/Dwarven-Turbine/213

Blargrag
08-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Yeah. Should have remembered....

:-)

Thnx

funktion
08-18-2013, 04:36 PM
thanks blarg, now ive got my work cut out for me. the next month is going to be a busy time for us content providers

Ashenor
08-18-2013, 05:14 PM
Just got home, was great meeting everyone that made it.

Looking forward to Alpha and playing more with everyone.

dogmod
08-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Jellys...

billybogota
08-18-2013, 06:48 PM
I had an awesome time meeting everyone from the forums and guilds, and getting to play Hex. I played a little on Thursday, and then bailed on some events (none I cared about) to play all day Saturday and Sunday. I had a ton of fun playing, even though my first time actually playing a TCG was my first round of Hex on Thursday. The dinner was great, I got to sit next to Princess Cory and harass WWKnight about Aussies and Kiwis, and listened to Gwaer bounce questions off of Ben for a while. For my first ever Gen Con, this was a win on all fronts -- the first thing I saw when I walked through the doors on Thursday was Princess Cory, so I had a feeling it was going to be great time. Thanks again to Crypto and all the fellow Hex-heads I got to meet.

Krevlornfu
08-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Hey guys, new to the forums. I bought into the Kickstarter back in May and was at GenCon this past week. I only found out about the LAN play on Saturday so I didn't get to play a bunch, but definitely loved what I saw.

Since I forgot to ask this afternoon, the exclusive sleeves and PVP card: we gave an email address but were they being sent out in the future? Just checking. Hoping they didn't get my email wrong.

Thanks!

hex_colin
08-18-2013, 07:37 PM
Hey guys, new to the forums. I bought into the Kickstarter back in May and was at GenCon this past week. I only found out about the LAN play on Saturday so I didn't get to play a bunch, but definitely loved what I saw.

Since I forgot to ask this afternoon, the exclusive sleeves and PVP card: we gave an email address but were they being sent out in the future? Just checking. Hoping they didn't get my email wrong.

Thanks!

CZE was deciding between sending the codes nightly or doing it in one batch after the Con. Clearly, they've decided on the second option. Give them a couple of days to get back from GenCon and decompress, and I'm sure we'll all see them in our emails.

Gwaer
08-18-2013, 07:37 PM
The sleeves and alt art Ozawa have not been sent out yet, no. I have no idea if they're waiting until the backer codes are sent to avoid redemption issues after alpha wipes, or of we'll get them soon. But they weren't sent out as they entered them onto the computer.

Edit: I defer to colin on the issue. I never even thought to ask when the codes were coming.

Dralon
08-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Well back home, 12 hrs away from the Con on a real computer again. However I never seem to have as many pictures as I thought I took. I do have one of Cory's inspiring speech to us at the dinner. You should have been there to hear the music crescendo! :)

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m164/DocMartin71/Coryspeechcrop_zps297a50ea.jpg (http://s104.photobucket.com/user/DocMartin71/media/Coryspeechcrop_zps297a50ea.jpg.html)

Also, in case some of you beat me into a pulp at the computers, but had no idea who I was...I'm the one on the left with my chance at the awkward hug! :)

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m164/DocMartin71/CoryDralonsmall_zpsd73e8f96.jpg (http://s104.photobucket.com/user/DocMartin71/media/CoryDralonsmall_zpsd73e8f96.jpg.html)

Again, fantastic to meet all the community members, and a wonderful opportunity to talk to the team, share a coke or glass of wine (Ben, I'm looking at you) even sit down and game with them a bit! Thanks to the CZE team for a great convention!

Karstaag
08-18-2013, 11:12 PM
When I am looking at these stories and pictures, I regret that I can not afford to fly over the world to see it for myself. But at the same time it is great to see that the core of the community is so awesome and devs are awesome too. It makes you feel really optimistic about this game even before it is out. TCGs and MMOs are about community as was said before. I am really looking forward to meet you guys in game and hopefully at some event in middle Europe sometime. Have a great time before Alpha arrives and even greater after.

bofedy
08-19-2013, 12:55 AM
Just been talking to grendal and Poca, The Conflagrator the champion can now use her power as a quick action so i wonder has any other champion changed as well from basic?

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-19-2013, 12:58 AM
Just been talking to grendal and Poca, The Conflagrator the champion can now use her power as a quick action so i wonder has any other champion changed as well from basic?
Really? Wow, that changes things. Being able to plop down a 3/1 blaze elemental as a potential blocker could make combat awkward, though it is extremely telegraphed.

hex_colin
08-19-2013, 06:10 AM

It's probably a bug.

hex_colin
08-19-2013, 06:46 AM
I just posted another interview from GenCon 2013 - Dan Clark, HEX Lead Developer: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/19/gencon-2013-interview-with-dan-clark-lead-developer/

I got a chance to interview HEX Lead Developer Dan Clark at GenCon. You can catch the RAW UNEDITED (Iíll take a pass at editing it, transcribing it, and reducing the background exhibit hall noise once GenCon is over) audio on SoundCloud. We discussed a wide range of topics including:

Danís GenCon experiences throughout the years
How much time he gets to play/test Hex, his favorite deck types and cards (I sense a theme in the answers I've gotten to this question!)
Some interesting thoughts on a number of game design-related areas: Novel Mechanics; Not letting his personal preferences impact the overall design

I hope youíve enjoyed the GenCon interviews as much as I did chatting with the CZE folks. I wanted to provide Hex-related information, but I was also interested in finding out about the guys behind the game. Hopefully I accomplished that.

Iím planning to post a summary of GenCon today or tomorrow Ė check back to read that.

BossHoss
08-19-2013, 06:53 AM

I had asked about that and it was a bug. It was broken to play against in my experience

Chiany
08-19-2013, 07:16 AM
I hope you’ve enjoyed the GenCon interviews as much as I did chatting with the CZE folks. I wanted to provide Hex-related information, but I was also interested in finding out about the guys behind the game. Hopefully I accomplished that.

I’m planning to post a summary of GenCon today or tomorrow – check back to read that.

Awesome, will listen to it once home from work in a few hours, looking forward to it.

keroko
08-19-2013, 07:17 AM
can anyone tell me what was chosen for dinner at the dragon lord thingy?

its very important!

Stok3d
08-19-2013, 07:25 AM
... We’re gathering starting at 8 PM and dinner will begin at 9 PM. You’ll be able to choose between a Chicken Marsala, Top Sirloin, Chicken Fettuccini, Tilapia Parmesan, and Vegetable Stir Fry.

I had the Top Sirloin and it was excellent. I have to say that I'm curious as to why it's "very important" though. ^ ^

Chiany
08-19-2013, 07:47 AM
I had the Top Sirloin and it was excellent. I have to say that I'm curious as to why it's "very important" though. ^ ^

So we can have a pointless discussion about it for several pages, filling time untill Alpha is here? :cool:

keroko
08-19-2013, 07:48 AM
the small things show a lot about how people think and draw conclusions - or farm them out to the caterer.

for example, a one hour tour of the CZE offices would reveal more information about them than talking to them for days would imo.

When I did a part time job for [games developer] in fairfax, VA I 'got lost' in their offices on purpose on my first day - easy to do as they had all the lights off all day (to hell with fluorescents!) and the windows blacked out. I found QA and discovered they were doing bug reporting in word documents, I found a closet stuffed to the brim with toy weapons. I found out most of the staff had not even played the IP they were making a game from. Lots of things.

Its fun to explore.

hex_colin
08-19-2013, 08:14 AM
can anyone tell me what was chosen for dinner at the dragon lord thingy?

its very important!

The only menu item could have been dog food and no one would have cared. ;) Almost everyone had had a chance to talk to the CZE guys in person before the dinner too, so it ended up being a group of gamers talking about games. Probably my favorite reward out of all of the things that are coming our way as part of the KS.

Zoelef
08-19-2013, 09:13 AM

Nthanel
08-19-2013, 09:18 AM
The only menu item could have been dog food and no one would have cared. ;) Almost everyone had had a chance to talk to the CZE guys in person before the dinner too, so it ended up being a group of gamers talking about games. Probably my favorite reward out of all of the things that are coming our way as part of the KS.

This right here. Hex_Colin could not have said it any better. I was down with a migraine for the whole thing and I still sat through it not eating anything till after Corey did his thank you speech and broke out the board and card games. It was awesome from the part I can remember through the sickening pain.

I ordered the steak and gave it away to a friend who couldn't go as to not waste it since I could not eat.

scarey
08-19-2013, 09:23 AM
I had a lot of fun meeting people and getting my hands on Hex for the first time. I had a couple of friends in the volunteer staff, one of which was the big guy that got the detatched retina in the middle of Thursday, had eye surgery Friday, and toughed out the even Saturday and Sunday. I was just bumming around the event chatting people up when I wasn't off at a different event (or in line).

Cory and the whole staff made themselves very available. I could have pounced Cory and got my awkward hug many times throughout the weekend, but I always feel guilty "bugging" a person in his position. I was just happy to get a chance to finally try out Hex.

McKizz I believe has an interesting after-hours story he could share, but I'm going to leave that to him to reveal if he chooses.

I ended up grabbing all three promo items and gave away some extra tickets. The community was very friendly and there was a buzz all weekend. My condolences to those who couldn't make it, you missed a fun event.

jai151
08-19-2013, 09:27 AM
It was unfortunate I had to leave a bit early, I would have liked to have stayed longer but my ride was not happy. I had a great time meeting you guys!

hammer
08-19-2013, 01:43 PM
I was cool with missing Gencon until a few seconds ago when I saw the art on the GenCon sleeves - really awesome I think they trump all of the kickstarter sleeves.

Stok3d
08-19-2013, 02:04 PM
I was cool with missing Gencon until a few seconds ago when I saw the art on the GenCon sleeves - really awesome I think they trump all of the kickstarter sleeves.

Where did you see that? Could you link?

hammer
08-19-2013, 02:07 PM
Hi Stok3d - http://www.hexinformer.com/photos/hex-league-area-gen-con/ there is a picture of the art from a board at Gencon. I am sure its old news for people that were there and saw it but first time I had seen it - looks like the same art as the card but I think on a sleeve that would look awesome.

hex_colin
08-19-2013, 02:28 PM
Hi Stok3d - http://www.hexinformer.com/photos/hex-league-area-gen-con/ there is a picture of the art from a board at Gencon. I am sure its old news for people that were there and saw it but first time I had seen it - looks like the same art as the card but I think on a sleeve that would look awesome.

I posted a higher res version of the Jadiim Sleeve artwork to the Hex Vault blog for anyone who's interested... http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/19/jadiim-sleeve-artwork/

hammer
08-19-2013, 02:34 PM
I posted a higher res version of the Jadiim Sleeve artwork to the Hex Vault blog for anyone who's interested... http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/19/jadiim-sleeve-artwork/

Yeah that's really nice quality - thanks for posting I assume they will have some kind of Gencon2013 stamp or double back?
I think these will be super nice bling to show off in PvP games. I assume we will be able to sleeve up draft decks as well as constructed decks???

Stok3d
08-19-2013, 03:44 PM

That looks amazing Colin. WoW.

In the back of my mind I was thinking I'd probably see some writing that said "GenCon 2013" on it or something. Basically, a sleeve to own for collecting but never use.

Oh how was I wrong on my assumption. Someone at CZE blew this out of the water!!!

hammer
08-19-2013, 04:04 PM
That looks amazing Colin. WoW.

In the back of my mind I was thinking I'd probably see some writing that said "GenCon 2013" on it or something. Basically, a sleeve to own for collecting but never use.

Oh how was I wrong on my assumption. Someone at CZE blew this out of the water!!!

Yep they are some seriously sick looking sleeves :-(
I expect we will see Uruunaz and Zeedu sleeves at future cons too.

Shadowelf
08-19-2013, 04:14 PM

Awesome looking sleeves=double the jealousy for not being able to attend; also amazing job Colin and others keeping us informed all the time; kudos to you :)

jimmywolf
08-19-2013, 05:38 PM
agree with others very nice art work grats too those that got one

lucedes
08-20-2013, 12:21 AM
i'm honestly glad i don't like the art on the gencon sleeves. i was worried it would be something nice.

Icepick
08-20-2013, 03:40 AM
I do like Jadiim, but I still prefer the Mushwocky sleeves so I can live without them!

ossuary
08-20-2013, 04:17 AM
The picture is awesome. I'm glad that they have actual artwork, instead of just the words "GenCon 2013." That being said, it would also be nice if the final version of the sleeves have some words on them somewhere, so people know they are special. Even if it's just small in one corner, it should still say where they came from, so people know "you were there."

hex_colin
08-20-2013, 05:54 AM
The picture is awesome. I'm glad that they have actual artwork, instead of just the words "GenCon 2013." That being said, it would also be nice if the final version of the sleeves have some words on them somewhere, so people know they are special. Even if it's just small in one corner, it should still say where they came from, so people know "you were there."

I'd imagine this would be the case. The picture I posted (which was keeping Zeedu company on his USB drive) is not necessarily the entirety of the sleeve design - it is, however, a high resolution version of the picture associated with the sleeves that was on the poster board explaining the GenCon ticketing system and prizes.

hex_colin
08-20-2013, 06:12 AM

I missed this until now.

A quick clarification or 2... It's ~200 people total helped in some way or another Hex-related. Although I have helped out a very large number of people with Slacker Backer pledges, it's not quite 200... But there's still time! Also, only 5 people at the dinner. One of my guests ended up not being able to make it, however, I did get a chance to catch up with her at GenCon the next day.

People did not drink enough at the DL dinner. It was a pretty weak showing... :P Too much talking obviously!!! ;)

Gwaer
08-20-2013, 07:47 AM
Some of the CZE guys drank plenty. By the end of the night the secrets were spilling out of their mouths to make room for more alcohol. Pretty sure that was your plan. =P

Im having a hard time posting on the forums because I just want to yell at everyone that our silly arguments have been a waste of time. =( My only joy until alpha has been taken from me!

Stok3d
08-20-2013, 08:03 AM
Some of the CZE guys drank plenty. By the end of the night the secrets were spilling out of their mouths to make room for more alcohol. Pretty sure that was your plan. =P

Sad thing Gwaer is that although the secrets were overflowing, we we had too many beverages to remember (that's the story and I'm sticking to it) :p

Gwaer
08-20-2013, 08:04 AM
I don't drink =(

Shadowelf
08-20-2013, 08:07 AM
Sad thing Gwaer is that although the secrets were overflowing, we we had too many beverages to remember (that's the story and I'm sticking to it) :p

It's a pity that you guys are bound by the coc and can't share...bet that you got lots of spicy info :)

Stok3d
08-20-2013, 08:13 AM
It's a pity that you guys are bound by the coc and can't share...bet that you got lots of spicy info :)

We aren't bound by anything, but good faith. The devs/designers at the DL dinner are absolutely amazing to speak with and I wasn't exaggerating before when I stated they were genius / borderline savant. They really answered any question we asked with honesty and enthusiasm. However, it's on them to release info via podcasts and weekly updates.

Xenavire
08-20-2013, 08:15 AM
Mere weeks Gwaer. No more infighting and complaints, strange ideas and rumours, we will be united by a server and a vision - to enjoy Hex.

So just bask in the knowledge that have us green with envy - the fact you aren't complaining is actually giving me a confidence boost, and we have had our share of different opinions.

What you can do is go into depth about how it felt to play etc, that would make for an amazing discussion for us poor sods who missed out

Gorgol
08-20-2013, 08:20 AM
What you can do is go into depth about how it felt to play etc, that would make for an amazing discussion for us poor sods who missed out
I like this idea.

Shadowelf
08-20-2013, 08:25 AM
We aren't bound by anything, but good faith. The devs/designers at the DL dinner are absolutely amazing to speak with and I wasn't exaggerating before when I stated they were genius / borderline savant. They really answered any question we asked with honesty and enthusiasm. However, it's on them to release info via podcasts and weekly updates.

There is a section at the coc that prohibits posting unreleased content, which can easily expanded on info as well. Anyways by seeing you two so enthusiastic about it, it can be nothing than awesome; that is enough sharing for me :)

Vibraxus
08-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Reading this thread and the interviews makes me sad and jealous that I couldnt go. *sigh*. I MUST convince the gf to goto Hexcon, or just deal with it that Im going.

Colin, you are simply an amazing person. Wow.

Nthanel
08-20-2013, 08:41 AM

What he says is the truth. There is so much passion, inventiveness, and sheer creativity that it is mind blowing. I am extremely pumped for Hex and talking to Corey just expanded it. I wish I had been in better shape to stick around longer after the dinner.

Shadowelf
08-20-2013, 08:48 AM
What he says is the truth. There is so much passion, inventiveness, and sheer creativity that it is mind blowing. I am extremely pumped for Hex and talking to Corey just expanded it. I wish I had been in better shape to stick around longer after the dinner.

Yeah undoubtly; Cory's passion is what drove us here; his team's creativity is what binds us, mix these together and you get an awesome concoction to produce an amazing game

Gwaer
08-20-2013, 09:02 AM
Your wish is my command.

hex_colin
08-20-2013, 10:43 AM
I published my Reflections on GenCon 2013: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/20/reflections-on-gencon-2013/

I share some thoughts on:

Hex and the UI
The Cryptozoic Folks
The Dragon Lord Dinner
Meeting other backers
Other GenCon stuff...

I'll have a GenCon-related giveaway, as well as transcriptions of the 3 interviews, posted tomorrow, but that basically wraps up the GenCon coverage. Hope it was helpful and informative!

I'll miss this thread!

Jinuyr
08-20-2013, 11:39 AM
I published my Reflections on GenCon 2013: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/20/reflections-on-gencon-2013/

I share some thoughts on:

Hex and the UI
The Cryptozoic Folks
The Dragon Lord Dinner
Meeting other backers
Other GenCon stuff...

I'll have a GenCon-related giveaway, as well as transcriptions of the 3 interviews, posted tomorrow, but that basically wraps up the GenCon coverage. Hope it was helpful and informative!

I'll miss this thread!

Describing the experience and gratitude I have for everything in this game and its community is beyond anything I could ever explain. I only hope that in some way, I can help to continue to contribute to the success of Hex.

Colin, you are an amazing human being, and without you, I would have never been able to experience this. Much love and Aloha.

McKizz
08-20-2013, 02:32 PM
I'm excited at the idea of what Hex might be like next year at GenCon! Cory even mentioned having eSports as one of his (many, many lofty) agendas, which I think would be spectacular. Hoping I get to see many of you (again) next year! It will be exciting to see how far the game has come in 12 months.

hex_colin
08-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Got around to posting full transcripts of the 3 GenCon interviews I did:

Cory: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/21/gencon-2013-interview-with-a-princess-transcript/
Ben: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/21/gencon-2013-interview-with-ben-stoll-game-designer-transcript/
Dan: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/21/gencon-2013-interview-with-dan-clark-lead-developer-transcript/

Thank you again Cory, Ben, and Dan!

Stok3d
08-21-2013, 11:10 AM

Cory: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/21/gencon-2013-interview-with-a-princess-transcript/
Ben: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/21/gencon-2013-interview-with-ben-stoll-game-designer-transcript/
Dan: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/21/gencon-2013-interview-with-dan-clark-lead-developer-transcript/

You're really producing a lot of content!

Shadowelf
08-21-2013, 11:11 AM

Thanks for those Colin; good job :) I'll add them to my thread...

hex_colin
08-21-2013, 12:37 PM
You're really producing a lot of content!

These were easy - I outsourced the transcription ;)

Thanks for those Colin; good job :) I'll add them to my thread...

Thank you!

Azzer
08-21-2013, 01:29 PM
Not only are you doing a lot of this but in such high quality, keep it up!

jimmywolf
08-21-2013, 06:09 PM
thank you for sharing it nice hearing more from them

The_Wine_Gnat
08-21-2013, 06:57 PM
Excellent job Colin!

hex_colin
08-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Jadiim Sleeves Giveaway: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/22/jadiim-sleeves-giveaway/

I finally got around to activating the Forums @ Hex Vault. To commemorate the occasion I'll be giving away a set of GenCon-exclusive Jadiim sleeves - you can find the details on the site. This will be the first of quite a few HexTCG GenCon item giveaways between now and Beta.

Also, since it's GenCon-related - I posted a video of Cory's Dragon Lord dinner speech last night. Enjoy! http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/22/gencon-2013-dragon-lord-dinner-corys-speech/

Mahes
08-22-2013, 09:49 AM
HAHAHA at the music. I was thinking " Is he seriously doing this speech with a music back drop?" Also, a 16 year old gave 10k for this? I feel cheap now.

Gwaer
08-22-2013, 09:59 AM
I was sitting right next to that! I thought my cellphone recording might have gotten in the way of jin's when he went to zoom in on colin, glad it didn't. There's also an extra bit right after where *Utopian chaos*... did their drawing for the pro player tier with cory and princess cory... I'll see about posting that later....

Woops...

utopianchaos.com ? =)

Madican
08-22-2013, 10:04 AM
How the heck did a 16-year old manage a Producer? That's insane.

hex_colin
08-22-2013, 10:05 AM
I was sitting right next to that! I thought my cellphone recording might have gotten in the way of jin's when he went to zoom in on colin, glad it didn't. There's also an extra bit right after where Murder inc. did their drawing for the pro player tier with cory and princess cory... I'll see about posting that later.

I'm guessing the official update tomorrow will have the CZE video from a different perspective too. Not sure whether or not it will just have highlights though, so I figured I'd post Jinuyr's video (thanks again!). Cory may have been talking to the biggest contributors, but I know his words were meant for everyone who has backed the project in any way, financially or otherwise.

hex_colin
08-22-2013, 10:06 AM
How the heck did a 16-year old manage a Producer? That's insane.

Wealthy parents FTW!