PDA

View Full Version : Well, with Hearthstone being released tonight...

Rammasaur
08-16-2013, 11:42 PM
Alpha should probably just go ahead and come out later today so I can drop hundreds of dollars on this game :cool:

...please :(

funktion
08-16-2013, 11:45 PM
worth every minute of the wait

Chiany
08-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Why post this, when you know it won't happen ?

Dionyz
08-16-2013, 11:47 PM
Hearthstone isn't even close to release, they're in closed beta.

SeaOfInsanity
08-16-2013, 11:59 PM
Ahhhh Dionyz beat me to it so,
What he said.

Rammasaur
08-17-2013, 12:05 AM
A man can dream @Chiany, and I know its closed beta.. but it's making me want this more

SeaOfInsanity
08-17-2013, 12:09 AM
I feel your pain.
Just one more month Rammasaur, just one more month.

Rammasaur
08-17-2013, 12:18 AM
I have to sit here and play solforge and quietly weep at this horrible cardgame

Dionyz
08-17-2013, 12:30 AM
FF14 open beta this weekend, releases next week.

Tales of Xillia and Dragon's Crown on PS3.

Payday 2 on PC.

Endless amounts of pr0n.

There are things to do until Alpha. :P

Daer
08-17-2013, 06:59 AM
If anyone has an extra Hearthstone key (or one they don't want) I'll trade 15 Hex Boosters and my eternal gratitude for it.

Badgered
08-17-2013, 07:19 AM
I have to sit here and play solforge and quietly weep at this horrible cardgame

Aww come on now, SolForge isn't bad mechanically. The client just sucks. I rather enjoy the game itself.

The_Wine_Gnat
08-17-2013, 08:04 AM
Is it worth trying out?

felmare
08-17-2013, 08:15 AM
i was watching some streams of it... i dont really care for it at all..

sambly14
08-17-2013, 08:29 AM
I've supported Crypto since they took over WoWtcg but I'll be playing Hearthstone instead of Hex. Maybe Solforge just for the hell of it.

Painmaster
08-17-2013, 08:44 AM
Im in closed Beta for Hearthstone and its awesome

MercuryMonkey
08-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Unfortunately I am not in the beta but watching many of the streams I was pretty pleasantly surprised. I didn't really expect much based on the other previews but the client looks really good. The interface for deck building, opening packs and tracking your collection looks pretty polished.

Xintia
08-17-2013, 11:55 AM
It's a Blizzard product. You can pretty much be guaranteed that it is going to be functional and polished. They may make some bad decisions about the direction of their games sometimes (D3 AH, SC2 "episodes, etc.) but their games always look, feel, and play great. I have no doubt Hearthstone will be the same.

Khazrakh
08-18-2013, 02:54 AM
It's a Blizzard product. You can pretty much be guaranteed that it is going to be functional and polished. They may make some bad decisions about the direction of their games sometimes (D3 AH, SC2 "episodes, etc.) but their games always look, feel, and play great. I have no doubt Hearthstone will be the same.

It is, client looks and feels great, the game runs just smooth and is fun to play.
Still you can't compare it to Hex in any way. Hearthstone has very very limited interaction. You just summon your minions and play some spells. No Interruptions, Instants, deciding how to block and so on. Hearthstone is a lot more casual than Hex. That's not a bad thing for either, they just cater to different players.

Banquetto
08-18-2013, 03:27 AM
Unfortunately I am not in the beta but watching many of the streams I was pretty pleasantly surprised. I didn't really expect much based on the other previews but the client looks really good. The interface for deck building, opening packs and tracking your collection looks pretty polished.

I'm surprised you're surprised. :)

Certainly Hearthstone doesn't aspire to be as deep and complex as Hex, but if there's one thing you expect from Blizzard, it's that the game will be polished to a sheen that most developers can never match.

Kami
08-18-2013, 06:29 AM
I'm surprised you're surprised. :)

Certainly Hearthstone doesn't aspire to be as deep and complex as Hex, but if there's one thing you expect from Blizzard, it's that the game will be polished to a sheen that most developers can never match.

Yeah, I was watching a player stream that all night. It's an... interesting game but probably not for me. It seems geared more towards those who don't want to spend a lot of time on a card game and lacks depth. It's more RNG/luck-based than most other TCGs I've seen.

Gwaer
08-18-2013, 06:49 AM
I'd like to try hearthstone out. If someone has an extra beta key you should let me know. I'm so behind on HEXTCG forum stuff that I'll let you choose if I don't get caught up for a while, or get caught up quickly. That way if you hate seeing my posts you'll delay them for an HS key. If you like seeing my posts you can get more of them faster! =)

ossuary
08-18-2013, 07:26 AM
I don't think they are doing any beta key invites right now, actually. The previous round was invite by very exclusive beta key only, this round they are bringing in media people and people who have opted-in on their battle net profile for betas (randomly selected). Unless some site is running a contest with keys they've been specifically given by Blizzard, there ARE no extra keys for individual users to hand around... not yet, anyway.

Aradon
08-18-2013, 09:51 AM
They listed a selection of fan sites that are supposed to be doing key give aways, but the number of keys available is extremely small, and since it's a contest, you might as well just wait for the next wave of keys to be sent out from Blizzard directly.