PDA

View Full Version : Player keep-dungeons?

Sevein
08-17-2013, 06:14 AM
(edit) ps. realized title can be missleading. i meant "Player keep-dungeons?" but dunno how to change.

Hi!

Practically dont know anything about keeps but what i know is that u can set up a defence for other players to try and beat.

Will i be able to build my keep as a dungeon? It would be kinda cool. Say i get 13 points/squares to place out as i choose making different routs to the final encounter. Placing traps, special made encounters and maybe a riddle or two for the player to try and make its way through until the final encounter deck i have prepared. obviously only using cards i have accumulated myself. Basically playermade dungeons in your own keep with the whole "3 lives" thing going on.

dunno if that would be PvE or PvP thou. is the Player keeps PvE cards or PvP?

is it in? good idea or bad idea?

Yoss
08-17-2013, 10:10 AM
(edit) ps. realized title can be missleading. i meant "Player keep-dungeons?" but dunno how to change.
Title fixed for you.

HyenaNipples
08-17-2013, 10:11 AM
Building an entire dungeon for other players to explore sounds pretty dang awesome to me.

keldrin
08-17-2013, 01:00 PM
It's a interesting concept.
I doubt such a thing as a construction kit will start out with the games release.
But, maybe at some point, a construction kit allowing you to do something kind of like that would be cool.
The issue comes down to, is this just going to be texture.. as in, it's just cosmetic changes?
If there are a limited number of encounters, then it would stand to reason, that construct in the form of a dungeon, wouldn't be from a practical standpoint any different than the standard keep siege.
But if doing something like that, allowed for greater number of encounters to defeat the keep, then everyone will have their keeps setup like that.
This could come back, to the keep side of gold sinks. In that, maybe to increase content and number of encounters could be done through a gold expenditure.
The other thing to think about is this. If you increase player keeps, to be comparable to going through a dungeon or even a raid, in length, if the potential payout isn't somewhere in the ballpark of the payout for the official dungeons and raids, then you will likely not have that many people tackling the player keep content, since it would be a more productive use of your time to just do the official content.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be cool to make a dungeon other people can go through. Or that it might not be fun to go through player made dungeons. Just that we need to look at pros and cons, and if implementing such a structure in the game would see enough use to justify its existence.

Shadowelf
08-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Judging by the fact that part of what you are asking was offered at KS for $5k and $10k, it is highly unlikely that it will be offered as an option for keeps. As for keeps;

Keep defence was unlocked as the 960k KS stretch goal “Become the master of your own domain! Every Lord of Entrath must defend their Keep, so we’re turning it into a game. Players will be able to set up a series of decks to defend their Keep, which will be played by our powerful AI (so you don’t need to even be online!). There will be rewards and prizes for those who are victorious in both defense and offense” (update #12 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e/posts?page=6 )
Also Cory Jones on keeps (http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/b/412300360 check 0:32:40 and http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/b/412717902 check 0:02:00) Thanks Stok3d!!
Kevin Jordan on keeps (http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/b/412300360 check 1:00:44)

Maphalux
08-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Setting up three decks for people to beat is kind of like a mini dungeon already, isn't it?

keldrin
08-17-2013, 02:45 PM
Setting up three decks for people to beat is kind of like a mini dungeon already, isn't it?

Pretty much.
The only thing that might make sense moving forward from the OP concept, might be guild keep defense.
There's been a little talk in forums, that guilds having their own keep defense might be more complex and involved than standard player keep defense.
(my personal thought, is guild keep defense, should work like a raid, where each encounter is against 3 decks, and you bring 3 players to go against it)

Shadowelf
08-17-2013, 03:14 PM

True but it's another thing to set up 3 decks and another to :

get 13 points/squares to place out as i choose making different routs to the final encounter. Placing traps, special made encounters and maybe a riddle or two for the player to try and make its way through until the final encounter deck i have prepared. Basically playermade dungeons in your own keep with the whole "3 lives" thing going on.