PDA

View Full Version : Another option for a mor comfortable play on PC

DrakarT
08-17-2013, 09:28 AM
So.. looks like it will be pretty confortable to play on the couch with your tablet... yea.. but.. how about controller compatibility for the PC?
On the Xbox MTG game the controller is pretty basic but it works alright for a casual game, i mean... maybe it wouldnt be as fast as the mouse.. but you could play while on the bed or even conecting your PC on the TV you could be on the living room xD

On XBOX the buttons locations if I remember are the following
Left Trigger - Zoom Last card played (not sure if it were the right or the left xD)
Right Trigger - Zoom Selected card
A - Action/play/select card
B - Cancel/retreat defender/attacker
Y - Pass priority
X - Stop Time ** instead of stop time could be use for sorting cards
Left stick - move between usable/playable cards
Right Stick - move between all cards on the board

it would need another button to use Power Charges

So.. what do you think?
it could be the game on PC even more confortable

drednex
08-17-2013, 09:31 AM
I'd honestly rather they spend their DEV time elsewhere than testing a third interface. I understand the appeal, but something like HEX seems a bit odd to play with a controller, since you'd have to be pretty close to the screen to read the text anyway.

DrakarT
08-17-2013, 09:36 AM
you dont have to be that close to read, thats why you can zoom... well.. if you are using a 19-" monitor.. it might get difficult but not on a screen.. anyways.. its just an idea.. not for INSTANT implementation

Mr.Funsocks
08-17-2013, 09:53 AM
Only if we get a setting to not get matched against someone with a controller in PvP... I don't want to sit there and wait ages for someone to use that thing to play. Just get a moveable mousepad and a wireless mouse, I play things from my couch all the time.

If you really want it though, you can just use JoyToKey or something to set up your controller to emulate the mouse/kb. I browse the web with mine sometimes.

self1sch
08-17-2013, 10:52 AM
people seem to ran out of ideas for new threads....

keldrin
08-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Well, if they want to offer game system support, I can see them offering the PC option.
But laying on the couch support, sounds like tablet support to me.

Chiany
08-17-2013, 11:26 AM
Only if we get a setting to not get matched against someone with a controller in PvP...

can only agree with this.

nekoangel
08-17-2013, 12:16 PM
im sure there will be a way to configure the system buttons to others so adding a controller or a gaming mouse etc cant be that hard unless there are a lot of different buttons needed.

i would in time like to try different controller methods but its not essential just something fun to play around with, i would like to try it with my razer naga or wacom graphics tablet. ( been playing solforge with the tablet today)

Xenavire
08-17-2013, 12:24 PM
Please, the interface is not designed for controllers - even DoTP, it was horrible to play with a controller. There is no acceptable way to make it function and have it work for an online game. You do have options to set up some kinds of proxy setups to let you use controllers, which let you map things the way you want, but do us a favour, and stay out of PvP. It's one thing to be lazy in single player games, but when it negatively impacts other peoples play experiences?

Besides, with a time limit it is in your best interest to not waste time. 3 seconds scrolling through your cards to play one, compared to half a second with a mouse? That adds up.

So I have to agree - tablet is your friend. If you want to sit in bed, or on your couch, grab a tablet.

ConnorJS
08-17-2013, 12:39 PM
Controller compatibility on PC would be great! Being able to sit back while in a game would be nice and good for the gamers' back...

Shadowelf
08-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Well, if they want to offer game system support, I can see them offering the PC option.
But laying on the couch support, sounds like tablet support to me.

This. If you want to feel comfy while playing, buy a tablet and play lying on your bed, couch etc. Can't be more comfortable than this :)