PDA

View Full Version : Hex Promo's

Kroan
08-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Hello,

just wanted to let you guys know that I'm working on a site to keep track of the different promos for Hex. I always liked the "Magic Rarities"-section of the "Magic Libraries" site, so I thought I'd make and overview for Hex as well. Obviously there is not much content yet, but that should change when the game is released. I have a few idea's I want to implement as well, but all those depend on whether or not the data of those things is available or not (i.e. avg. auction house prices).

Please not that the site is not meant as a hex database, but pure as a helpful tool for collectors.

Anyway;
http://www.hexpromos.com/

If you have any questions or ideas, let me know.

saffamike
08-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Hi Kroan. The images referenced to 'Chest 'o Hex' and 'Princess Cory' are transposed.

hammer
08-18-2013, 12:58 PM
Please can you add the exclusive Mercernaries

Kroan
08-18-2013, 01:18 PM
Hi Kroan. The images referenced to 'Chest 'o Hex' and 'Princess Cory' are transposed.
Ah good spot. I fixed it! (Might need to refresh your cache to see it changed)

Please can you add the exclusive Mercernaries
I was thiking about that. I'll try to add them asap :)

HyenaNipples
08-18-2013, 01:47 PM
Great idea! If this keeps up to date, once fully built, it will be a valuable resource.

Shadowelf
08-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Good job :) Haven't realised how long that list has grown up to be already; and we are pre-Alpha :eek:

Madican
08-18-2013, 02:48 PM
One feature I'd like is being able to "check-off" which promos we've already got. Or ones we'd like to pursue next. Not sure about the logistics of programming that without resorting to full-on accounts though.

Icepick
08-18-2013, 04:18 PM
Ah this is a cool idea. I was thinking about adding something like this to Casual Hex, but now I don't have to :D

iscariotrex
08-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Just a thought, but maybe not just promos... There has been mention of PVE choices that will yield certain rewards and lock out others. A guide for cards that you can be locked out of in game, and the choices you have to make to get them, would be very helpful. That way people could compare the cards they would get and inform their decisions instead of making them blind.

Good idea for a site over-all though.

Shadowelf
08-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Just a thought, but maybe not just promos... There has been mention of PVE choices that will yield certain rewards and lock out others. A guide for cards that you can be locked out of in game, and the choices you have to make to get them, would be very helpful. That way people could compare the cards they would get and inform their decisions instead of making them blind.

Good idea for a site over-all though.

Too early for it me thinks but it's a great idea nevertheless; i feel that it will be implemented eventually by a dozen sites as soon as the dungeons are available

Kroan
08-19-2013, 04:02 AM
Thanks everyone for the positive feedback!

Please can you add the exclusive MercernariesI was thiking about that. I'll try to add them asap :)
I added Mercenaries. I also canged the overview of the promo's to separate all promo types from each other. Otherwise it became a bit messy with the Mercenaries. I didn't add the other GenCon Mercenary yet, still have to find a decent picture. Also note that I don't know how the ingame representation of the Mercenaries will look like, so the image is just a placeholder... :)

One feature I'd like is being able to "check-off" which promos we've already got. Or ones we'd like to pursue next. Not sure about the logistics of programming that without resorting to full-on accounts though. Well, without accounts there is no way of checking them off and saving those checks between visits. I don't want to build a whole account system to be honest, but maybe I can do something with a facebook login. Something to keep in mind for the future for sure.

Just a thought, but maybe not just promos... There has been mention of PVE choices that will yield certain rewards and lock out others. A guide for cards that you can be locked out of in game, and the choices you have to make to get them, would be very helpful. That way I like the idea, but think that this would be far more suited for something like a wiki or a site like wowhead (hexhead? :P). This site mainly focuses on promo's :)

Kroan
08-23-2013, 05:29 AM
I'm looking into domains. What do you guys make more sense? www.hexpromo.com or www.hexpromos.com

Icepick
08-23-2013, 10:42 AM
I'd probably go with hexpromos.com, personally.

Daer
08-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Great idea for a site and should be very useful once Hex gets going.

Kroan
08-23-2013, 12:46 PM
I went with http://www.hexpromos.com/ after all :) Make sure to update your bookmarks!

Kroan
09-06-2013, 10:35 AM
I just added information to all categories describing how and when the promo's are given out and other interesting tidbits about that kind of promo. If you are missing any promo's, please email me at info@hexpromos.com or post in this topic!

I also fixed some minor layout stuff :)

Kroan
12-29-2013, 04:10 AM
Hello everyone,

With the extra time I had during the holidays I decided to redo the whole layout of the site. The new layout opens up the possibility for more options, which I plan to implement as we progress through the Hex Alpha and Beta.

I also included the 'Holidays' category, in which you will find the 'Night of Bells' card that was recently spoiled.

hammer
12-29-2013, 09:30 AM
Hello everyone,

With the extra time I had during the holidays I decided to redo the whole layout of the site. The new layout opens up the possibility for more options, which I plan to implement as we progress through the Hex Alpha and Beta.

I also included the 'Holidays' category, in which you will find the 'Night of Bells' card that was recently spoiled.

Good Job Kroan - I love the collector and promo angle of TCGs and pledged 2 collector tier to get a playset of the AA's - this site will be a useful resource for tracking and referencing. Is the equipment associated with the kickstarter pve exclusives also exclusive ? Or will equipment for those exclusive cards still drop from loot tables?
If the equipment is exclusive it would be nice to also include. The tiers get a surprisingly large amount of equipment when all added up.

Kroan
02-28-2014, 04:32 PM
Just a note, this site is still being maintained... Just that there has not yet been much new promo's announced... until today that is :)

Today it was announced that exclusive alternate art cards can be found in chests from boosters when the game launches. Next to alternate art they may contain other items as gold, mercenaries and even extra packs.

Together with this announcement we also got one the first alternate art cards from a chest; Hex Engine. I've added it to the database and you can find it within the new category "Chest drops".

It is yet unknown how rare these alternate art cards are, so may Kismet's favor shine down upon you when opening your chests!

Note that it also has the new card frame, where all other cards still have the old frame. We'll most likely have to wait until the card (or the art) is in the alpha client.