PDA

View Full Version : Buy a Gax on ebay......sigh

Dekester
08-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Buy it now for $84.95. This is what i feared when they announced con exclusive gear. Granted, it's just one so far...but more will follow.

MoikPEI
08-18-2013, 05:23 PM
It's using the official images rather than photos. Probably a scam.

keldrin
08-18-2013, 05:27 PM
Well, I wouldn't go there.
Now, that said, I sent a friend to the CZE booth at GenCon this morning to inquire about the Exclusive mercenary, and maybe get one. He was told by the person working the CZE booth, that he would be able to trade for it or buy it in the in game market. (I'm about to add this comment to the appropriate thread)

Kami
08-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Perhaps now is a good time to remind people:

What were doing is this: the sleeves are given out only if you attend the event, like a collectible convention badge (sleeves are going to be EARNED). The mercenaries and alternate art cards will be included in the booster pack treasure chests generated during the hours of the event (in the case of Gen Con 2014, it would be 12 AM Thursday to 11:59 PM Sunday, across all four days of the convention).

Now, I know this creates a bit of a problem for Gen Con 2013 since you wont be able to open booster packs during this time. So, in this case, we will add GenCon 2013 to the loot table of GenCon 2014.

No reason to gouge yourselves for it at this point in time.

Barkam
08-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Why does this bother you so much? If it is outside of your purchasing power, then don't buy it. I understand the frustration of being tempted but this really shouldn't bother you. At least enough to post about it.

Dekester
08-18-2013, 05:58 PM
I'm bothered by the idea of an entirely digital game requiring you to be in a certain physical place to get special cards. I'm definitely not alone in this feeling either.

Badgered
08-18-2013, 06:00 PM
I'm bothered by the idea of an entirely digital game requiring you to be in a certain physical place to get special cards. I'm definitely not alone in this feeling either.

This.

MoikPEI
08-18-2013, 06:01 PM
There's a different thread for that:
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26310&page=41
400+ posts. The issue's been beaten to death :/

Nicalapegus
08-18-2013, 06:07 PM
The issue's been beaten to death and what it comes down to is this: The mercenaries don't affect PvP only PvE so it is a nonissue. You already are going to be able to play with tons of mercenaries, and on top of that all of them are obtainable through packs. This is a complete non issue.

To complain about someone breaking CZE's terms of service and posting things on ebay.... this is going to happen. It happens with every game even though nearly every game has an agreement in place to prevent this from happening.

Non-issue non-news worthy post. Move along.

Barkam
08-18-2013, 06:09 PM

These sentiments always perplexes me. Why do people keep trying to apply rules and expectations on to new systems that are not appropriate. This thread being the case in point. If you have the desire to try to change CZE's mind, it's too late as CZE is already doing it despite the community's discussion over this as MoikPEI points to out.

At this point, it is what it is. The developers have already made their decision on this topic. Take it or leave it is the only path forward.

Stok3d
08-18-2013, 06:33 PM
I'd like to first mention that it's VERY healthy for the game to have items like this listed on ebay. It's free advertisement for one on any of the key words. Secondly, it could be perceived that items priced as such show a game that that has items which are sought out and desirable. If that $10 wristband produced an item that was thrown up on ebay that went unsold for $1, then we'd have a problem.

Regardless, those that want it now that didn't make it to GenCon can buy it. Those that want to wait a year and have a shot at getting via a treasure chest while simply drafting can do that as well. I don't see any problem here on any front.

As this post can also be seen as Advertising (http://www.cryptozoic.com/coc#Advertising) for one's ebay auction (price and location given), I'm closing this thread per CoC.