PDA

View Full Version : Hex meetup at Dragon*Con?

Gwaer
08-18-2013, 09:03 PM
I must say that I had such a great time meeting people at Gencon, I'd love to meet any of you that will be at D*C.

I don't recommend coming in on no notice if you haven't planned it in advance, but if you'll be there anyway and are interested leave a note here and if there's enough interest we can try to work something out.

zadies
08-18-2013, 09:05 PM
I could do a dinner meet upor something in the area around the con I don't intend to be going to the convention due to it being so crowded any more just doesn't seem to be the same type of convention it used to but do live in Atlanta.

Dralon
08-18-2013, 09:57 PM
Loved meeting many of the backers who made it to GenCon as well. As well as meeting many new players, backers and not that don't post on forums and such :)

Sadly though I'm missing DragonCon this year, so no panels for me or ogling all the costumers with the other Hexers :)

hex_colin
08-18-2013, 10:01 PM
I must say that I had such a great time meeting people at Gencon, I'd love to meet any of you that will be at D*C.

I don't recommend coming in on no notice if you haven't planned it in advance, but if you'll be there anyway and are interested leave a note here and if there's enough interest we can try to work something out.

I'm seriously considering going (and have a badge and hotel booked), if only to sit in on the Hex-related panels and record/transcribe them. What's your sense on how busy the panels will be? How long would I need to queue up beforehand?

I'd be up for a get-together too.

Nthanel
08-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Sadly the The crew and I will be unable to attend with the relocation going on to Seattle. I look forward to hearing about it from you all though =D

zadies
08-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Really depends on the popularity of the panels I would aim for 30 mins beforehand from experiences 3 years ago from similar online panels.

mainstager
08-19-2013, 07:36 AM
I'm going to be at DCon.

I'll be cosplaying the King of All Cosmos from Katamari Damacy and Phoenix Wright from the DS games :D

I'm down to do a thing. there's a Mellow Mushroom pizza a few blocks from the main hotels...just a thought!

billybogota
08-19-2013, 03:11 PM
I won't be able to make D*C, but Mellow Mushroom is a must, along with beers from Sweetwater Brewing!

Gwaer
08-19-2013, 03:51 PM
The TCG panels usually aren't *that* busy. They're no dragon after dark contest or anything(which was apparently cancelled this year). I figure we can meet up at a panel with Cory and Chris, and afterwards grab a drink and or a bite to eat somewhere. I'll have to find the schedule and see when they're supposed to be doing panels.

kaffis
08-19-2013, 03:57 PM
I'll be at Dragon*Con. I'll keep an eye out on this thread for meetup plans, even though I'm pretty new to the community. If I can fit it into my schedule, lunch or dinner would be nice!

As for lines for panels -- so long as you're not talking MAIN track events (the stuff they hold in the ballrooms), lines generally aren't a problem; normal panels in the smaller rooms rarely fill up.

zadies
08-19-2013, 05:42 PM
Typically not but they are doing panels with the star citizen ppl and the small rooms don't hold that many people and things like the staempunk panels do fill up. Given the multiple fan bases its better safe then sorry if you 'really' want to get in.

Ashenor
08-19-2013, 06:30 PM
Gen Con Dragon lord was great. But no Dragon Con for me.

See you at Hex Con in Vegas though :).

zadies
08-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Is there actually a date for hex con yet....

kaffis
08-19-2013, 09:38 PM
Typically not but they are doing panels with the star citizen ppl and the small rooms don't hold that many people and things like the staempunk panels do fill up. Given the multiple fan bases its better safe then sorry if you 'really' want to get in.
Dragon*Con clears the room between panels, so I don't see what Star Citi.. oh, you mean panels with Hex devs and Ben & Dave from Star Citizen on the same panel? Okay, yeah. Still, the MMO track at Dragon*Con isn't usually that big a draw. PAX Prime has managed to steal most of the hardcore video gamer thunder away from Dragon*Con.

I'll have to double-check my app tomorrow; I hadn't seen any likely candidates for the combined panel you mentioned, at least, it didn't jump out at me.

Ashenor
08-20-2013, 05:38 AM
Is there actually a date for hex con yet....

No date yet, best guess will be late 2014.