PDA

View Full Version : Different user names for Alpha?

KiraForce
08-18-2013, 09:52 PM
I made this same thread in another forum, and it seems a couple people are considering it, but is anyone planning on using a different username than the one they have here for HEX?

I have been going back and forth in my mind, thinking about whether or not I want to change it to the name of my dark elf mage from WoW: Evielnorn. Or even my old Tarutaru from FFXI: Rapiret. I liked these names when I was playing their respective games, but the one I have here is my basic user, so I have been arguing with myself thinking of what I wanted to do.

iscariotrex
08-18-2013, 09:55 PM
I think you may have a name bound to your account and then be able to name each of your different champions. In that case you could use them all, no need for deliberation.

The_Wine_Gnat
08-18-2013, 09:57 PM
Hmmm this gives me an idea...

Shadowelf
08-19-2013, 04:41 AM
Once we get close to Alpha launch, we'll let you know what's coming in an update both here and on the HEX website. You'll then receive an email via the email address we have on record with information directing you on how to register for your HEX account to reserve your character name, guild name (update#31 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts?page=3)

There is also a good chance that you won't be given the chance to change your account name; note it is says 'register' your account and not 'create' your account. Of course this is pure speculation on my part...

KiraForce
08-19-2013, 05:12 AM
Oh, I'm not planning on changing the account name. The accounts aren't linked to our CZE accounts so there is nothing they have to draw an old user from. All I mean is that there may be people like me, considering using a completely different username for HEX than they have here.

Also, a quote from the stretch goal that gave us Alpha access:

1.8 Million: All Squire and above receive early access to HEX alpha, /character name reservation/ and guild creation.

From here I assume we can reserve any name we feel like, especially some people with a KS pledge has no CZE forum account. Although this example is only relevant if I understood you corectly in that you meant forum names lol

Shadowelf
08-19-2013, 05:53 AM
Oh, I'm not planning on changing the account name. The accounts aren't linked to our CZE accounts so there is nothing they have to draw an old user from. All I mean is that there may be people like me, considering using a completely different username for HEX than they have here.

Also, a quote from the stretch goal that gave us Alpha access:

1.8 Million: All Squire and above receive early access to HEX alpha, /character name reservation/ and guild creation.

From here I assume we can reserve any name we feel like, especially some people with a KS pledge has no CZE forum account. Although this example is only relevant if I understood you corectly in that you meant forum names lol

Yeah i meant forum account names aka kiraforce, shadowelf etc.; i was speculating whether you have to keep those names and just reserve a name for your character in game; this will also solve the issue of somebody stealing your forum name, so it kinda makes sense

KiraForce
08-19-2013, 06:05 AM
Considering they are going by e-mail, and not by forum name, I think it's more likely we create new accounts and try to use our own usernames. As I said, not every backer has a CZE forum account.

keldrin
08-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Also, since they have said that you can have multiple accounts, there has to be a way for those accounts to have different names.

keldrin
08-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Actually, I guess just as valid a question, would be, if you do take a different name for your hex in game account, do you plan on trying to nab the same name on the forums?
Might be kinda weird, if someone else registers your in game name, and uses it in the forums.
Besides, then you could take a active part on both sides of a argument (J/K)