PDA

View Full Version : [HexTCGPro] Gen Con Interview with Cory Jones - New information!

jtatta
08-19-2013, 01:11 PM
Hey guys! We're back from Gen Con and have some exciting content to bring you this week. Let's start with today where we have a Gen Con exclusive interview with Cory Jones, CEO of CZE. Cory casually jokes with us making this a casual, comfortable interview that you won't want to miss. Also in the interview is some new information regarding guilds and team play!

http://hextcgpro.com/?p=1055

^ There it is in its entirety. Also, don't forget to regularly check our social media sites for Gen Con league play giveaways including mercenaries, sleeves, and alternate art Ozawa! All the links are on our main page in the right hand sidebar. Thanks for viewing!

- John Tatta, HexTCGPro Editor and Content Manager

Kroan
08-19-2013, 01:28 PM
"Shaggy" actually doesn't know the address to your site? :P

It's a bit unfortunate that the sound quality and the background noise is a tad underwhelming. Thanks for the interview anyway :)

I think it the future it might be wise to subtitle it. I couldn't understand some questions that were asked. Cory actually has a nice volume, because of his manly voice, so the answers were more understandable.

jtatta
08-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Don't worry, we made fun of him for slipping at the beginning there all weekend. He got it right in the interview with Dan going live Wednesday at least!

MercuryMonkey
08-19-2013, 01:44 PM
I appreciate the effort made to bring us content but due to the audio the interview is pretty hard to listen to. I know that recording in that environment is difficult but there are plenty of other people that do interviews on show floors and the sound isn't that bad. I don't want to be so negative, I do actually appreciate what you guys are doing. Any chance of getting a transcript of the interview?

hammer
08-19-2013, 01:49 PM
Appreciate the content guys. As others have said it was a little hard to follow due to the background noise but what I did hear I really enjoyed and appreciate the challenges of recording in that environment. Also thumbs up to Cory for making himself available so often to this community. Excited for Hex.

jtatta
08-19-2013, 01:52 PM
As said earlier, we realize that recording over 40-thousand-some people is difficult and had thought that the quality was at least audible. We'll transcribe it for everyone this week on the website below the video. Thanks for viewing!

HyenaNipples
08-19-2013, 07:00 PM
I do like getting in a bit of the atmosphere of the Con, though. It's amusing to be listening to Cory while some dude with a Keyblade walks by in the background, and he is passed by a Black Mage going in the other direction. No one pays them any special mind.

hex_colin
08-19-2013, 07:40 PM
As said earlier, we realize that recording over 40-thousand-some people is difficult and had thought that the quality was at least audible. We'll transcribe it for everyone this week on the website below the video. Thanks for viewing!

For what it's worth, I'm outsourcing the transcription of the interviews I did to Verbal Ink (www.verbalink.com) - their rates don't seem too unreasonable. There had to have been hundreds of other options too.

Mokog
08-19-2013, 07:52 PM
Some highlights I gleaned from listening very carefully.
Guilds are PvE focused and CZE is looking to introduce PvP Teams. Multiple teams can be expected to fall under a guild banner.

They are pushing for cash tournaments and have traction towards that goal.

Cory wants full e-sports presence from stage, to shout casts, the works. (Laser light show with the teams logos and music beaming into the crowd? WWE style? You know it would be hilarious Cory. Dooo it....)

Lots of Economy info of import (and this is also where some of the most distortion is on sound)

From what I could tell y'all had some good questions, now just got to wait for that transcript. :-P