PDA

View Full Version : Cory Jones, you escaped me and my people this time!

Derium
08-20-2013, 06:25 PM
At Gencon I had my employees (DeriumsCCGs) out looking for you! We tried to corner you and annoy you, mission failed =( Here are the official reports:

Alex, managed to make some fleeing smalltalk with unnamed crypto employees.

Yancey, was able to corner a few devs in an elevator and make actual talk (he got a gold star).

Aaron, he was distracted by new shineys and didn't even make it into any areas you guys were. He's also asking for more hours, something about overspending and needing to make rent... Or something totally not important.

You managed to allude us this time Mr. Jones, but you can't escape talking to us forever!

P.S. thanks to the Devs who did talk with us, sorry I do not have your names. But thank you!

Nthanel
08-20-2013, 07:43 PM
Obviously your employees didnt try hard enough. I talked to him constantly as well as employees.

Gwaer
08-20-2013, 07:45 PM
I got an Awkward hug Extended Edition even.

(it was really weird. Apparently we were getting our picture taken, but I was facing the wrong way and had no idea what was going on, and he just wouldn't let me go. I almost had to call for an adult.)

Nthanel
08-20-2013, 07:56 PM
lol epic

keroko
08-20-2013, 07:57 PM
he sometimes cross dresses, they worked him quite hard over the years they say

keldrin
08-20-2013, 11:16 PM

(it was really weird. Apparently we were getting our picture taken, but I was facing the wrong way and had no idea what was going on, and he just wouldn't let me go. I almost had to call for an adult.)

Lol.
Getting your picture taken at cons can be strange.
Add costuming and it gets stranger. Nothing like being a nobody in a costume at a con, and talking to a major con guest, and someone asking to take your picture.

Vengus
08-21-2013, 05:46 AM

I am an adult!

@Derium: Your employees have failed, I suggest you find new ways to "motivate" them.

ossuary
08-21-2013, 05:53 AM
The beatings shall continue until morale improves.

Phantom287
08-21-2013, 06:10 AM
Maybe you guys were trying too hard?

I wasn't even looking for him and I ran into him at least three times over the Con. He even autographed my HEX mouse pad. :)

hex_colin
08-21-2013, 06:50 AM
Maybe you guys were trying too hard?

I wasn't even looking for him and I ran into him at least three times over the Con. He even autographed my HEX mouse pad. :)

This! He seemed to be everywhere. Twice I went out of my way to find him, but I must have ended up talking to him 10+ times at random throughout the 4 days. I think the OP and his staff were actually actively avoiding him! ;)

BossHoss
08-21-2013, 07:20 AM
I am genuinely surprised the OP never ran into him...

I am pretty sure Cory has been cloned for events because he was everywhere, talking to everybody and in some cases two places at once all weekend

Gwaer
08-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Well, everyone has an evil twin you see, and Good Cory won over Evil Cory with his awesome personality. So now they work in tandem to better the world. Though evil Cory still does try to sneak in some trickery now and again, it's mostly harmless. The body count is less than 40 at last check.

Vengus
08-21-2013, 08:02 AM
This! He seemed to be everywhere. Twice I went out of my way to find him, but I must have ended up talking to him 10+ times at random throughout the 4 days. I think the OP and his staff were actually actively avoiding him! ;)
Or maybe his staff is guilty of embezzlement. :p Making the OP believe they never saw Cory while escaping with all the goodies.

Vibraxus
08-21-2013, 08:09 AM
I wasnt even at the con and I talked to Cory twice.

McKizz
08-21-2013, 01:42 PM

Going to have to agree. I even had to "track him down" to give him back the marker he loaned me. Pretty easy - look at the CZE Exhibit or Hex League area. ^.^

Derium
08-21-2013, 08:11 PM
We did find him, make no mistake. but he wasn't just standing there idle. Dude was swamped, so we'd randomly check back in hopes he'd free up. Nope.

Ashenor
08-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Ya i seen him all 3 days i was there, and talked to him quite a bit. He was not elusive at all :).