PDA

View Full Version : Pay it forward

BossHoss
08-21-2013, 02:03 PM
My pay it forward goal is to give back in a roundabout way through promotion of Colin`s website www.hexvault.com (http://www.hexvault.com)

It will be fun for me to run the mini-games as a unique way to "give back" and "give forward"

I will be giving out a KickStarter king tier September 13th, 2013 at 6:00pm PDT

This will be an “amazing race” with the points leader winning a KickStarter king tier account

Here are the rules:

- In BOLD titled Generosity, I want everyone to post with an experience of generosity that may have been the turning point in their life and how they were able to “pay it forward”. (Up to 10 points)

- I will post “events” at random times with the answer to be found somewhere within www.hexvault.com (http://www.hexvault.com) (Up to 10 points)

- Expand our community. Get new players to post in BOLD titled Hello, is it me you`re looking for? with who referred them (Up to 10 points)

- Posts not adhering to the title guidelines will be ignored

Event #1 – Bug Off
Closed: August 23rd, 2013 9:00pm PDT

Event #2 - Are you nuts?
Closed: August 24th, 2013 8:00pm PDT

Event #3 – More Funktion, Less Fail
Closed: August 26th, 2013 9:00pm PDT

Event #4 - Excuse me, I full-arted...
Closed: August 27th, 2013 8:00pm PDT

Event #5 - How can I help?
Closed: August 30th, 2013 9:00pm PDT

Event #6 - BossHoss, you`re an idiot
Closed: September 3rd, 2013 9:00pm PDT

Event #7 - You don`t have to me con me into liking Dragons
Closed: September 4th, 2013 9:00am PDT

Event #8 - The suspense is killing me
Closed: September 5th, 2013 9:00pm PDT

Event #9 - Did you bring your tights?
Closed: September 8th, 2013 6:00am PDT

Event #10 - It`s out of this world!
Closed: September 10, 2013 9:00pm PDT

Event #11 - I am seeing double
Closed: September 10, 2013 9:00pm PDT

Event #12 - Always a green light
Closed: September 12, 2013 9:00pm PDT

Event #13 - Tell me what you want, what you really, really want
Closed: September 13, 2013 11:00am PDT

Event #14 – Hit me with your best shot
Closed: September 13, 2013 6:00pm PDT

BossHoss
08-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Congrats to our winners!

Thanks for playing!

Yoss
08-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Bug Off
I can't even go to the site, blocked. "the site you are trying to reach may link indirectly to a site that contains inappropriate content or be part of a larger domain blocked in its entirety due to the presence of inappropriate content or known malware"

BossHoss
08-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Bug Off
I can't even go to the site, blocked. "the site you are trying to reach may link indirectly to a site that contains inappropriate content or be part of a larger domain blocked in its entirety due to the presence of inappropriate content or known malware"

Can you edit your post to contain your current browser?

Thanks

Vibraxus
08-21-2013, 03:17 PM

Thanks

Site opens fine for me, even behind the corporate firewall we have here. Yoss, you behind a crazy firewall? I used both Firefox and IE.

Yoss
08-21-2013, 03:17 PM

Thanks
It's not the browser, it's my internet filter. The site is categorized "medium risk" and therefore blocked.

Jinuyr
08-21-2013, 03:19 PM
I would like to share a similar experience I've had recently though as not as eloquently as the original poster of this thread.

I too received my first taste of Gen Con through the generous act of an unknown stranger. I've been part of many gaming communities over the years and the fact that I backed Hex on the Kickstarter with over $2,500 was a huge leap of faith for me. I had a lot of second thoughts in the beginning, I can't lie, but I did know a few things that helped make this decision a bit easier for me. I knew the types of products that Cryptozoic is capable of producing, I love TCGs and MMOs and enjoy spending many hours playing these games each week, but I knew nothing of what this community could possibly bring once the game starts ramping up to the live product. TCG communities will vary greatly from my experience including online ones. I've spent similar sums on other games that went on to a digital format like PoxNora and ended up losing out on the deal when they gave up the company to SOE.

After the Kickstarter, I started seeing interest go back and forth on the official forums, many of it I would personally attribute to the anxiety in waiting for a new product that nearly everyone has never had to see or experience. I even saw many giveaways that I thought would be interesting in becoming part of for the pure enjoyment of performing the act and expecting nothing else to come out of it. One such giveaway was hex_colin's chance to win a trip to Gen Con Indy. I submitted my entry through the Private PMs and assumed nothing else will come out of it. I even sent a few follow ups with additional information on any developments that I've been able to come up with in the ideas I was presenting to him. In the end, I received a PM from him with the following information:

Jinuyr - quick question... no promises, but if you had you flights paid for, could you arrange your own accommodation? Presumably you don't need a dinner ticket given your KS contributions.

Colin

I nearly 5h!+ my pants. Does this mean I actually have a chance? Was this real? Is he another scammer from Nigeria's Royal Family looking to give me a cut of the money if I gave him my bank account information? Needless to say, I was a little bit skeptical and I still was until I got on that plane to be honest.

I told him I could make it happen and moments later I was awarded one of the prizes. We exchanged a few e-mails and PMs and within an hour of being announced as a winner, he had secured a roundtrip flight for me to Indianapolis. I was shocked, I never win things like this, these were only meant for people you never knew and never received it for yourself. I was experiencing a mix of denial and excitement at the same time.

Fast forward to Gen Con, I was able to meet my generous benefactor who was flanked by both BossHoss and funktion during an impromptu Q&A session with Cory Jones. The initial experience was indescribable. Similar to what BossHoss as mentioned, Colin has an aura and personality to him that just exudes enthusiasm, excitement, and an overall good nature and generosity. It was an experience and a weekend I will never forget.

I have had many ideas of giving back to the community, and getting help from the community to help multiply its effectiveness. A few of the people at Gen Con have heard of this idea and I am still trying to get the details on paper to make it public. I can only hope that in time, we as a whole can be as influential or even as generous as somebody like hex_colin. I can never come close to his efforts and what he's done for the community, but perhaps together we can make something truly great for everyone.

BossHoss
08-21-2013, 03:43 PM
It's not the browser, it's my internet filter. The site is categorized "medium risk" and therefore blocked.

Noted thanks Yoss...

Looks like Cory`s interview contains a couple expletives

Stok3d
08-21-2013, 05:17 PM
I was once in the spotlight.

Rubbing elbows with the posters of success from yesterday, today and the future was a common everyday occurrence. But life can easily get in the way and beat you down to a near submission. I have fought for years to regain the pieces to the puzzle I was building and currently possess a majority of them. But what to do with those pieces and how to use them is another adventure on its own.

I was fortunate enough to be provided with a trip to my first GenCon by a complete stranger that allowed me to experience my KickStarter Dragonlord backer dinner. I thought this past weekend would test my ability to swim but I found buoyancy within the overwhelming generosity given to me.

Boss, you've been someone I've enjoyed msg'ing to and joking around with in thread since KS. I learned many remarkable things about you in our meeting. While it's not my spot to divulge everything, I am very sad as to having left your professional baseball rookie card in my hotel room (I put it inside the GenCon magazine for safe keeping and it was left there). Any chance you may be able to scan and post here. My son really got a kick out of it (well, okay that was me).

I've also been bouncing around in anticipation for other announcements too--but I won't spill those beans. Instead, throw me a bone and post up a Tops Rookie Card! Reading this post, it's obvious that your talents aren't the only things you got going for you though. This is a phenomenal idea to do for a contest "Pay it Forward"...

McKizz
08-21-2013, 07:28 PM
If anyone else is fortunate enough to meet Colin you will undoubtedly be blinded by his insatiable glowing aura that permeates everything that it means to be a human being.

This.

BossHoss
08-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Here you go Stok3d...

Gwaer
08-21-2013, 07:45 PM
Ya know, from the moment I first saw you, I thought... "That guy looks like a baseball player". Though maybe instead of baseball it was just athlete.

McKizz
08-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Ya know, from the moment I first saw you, I thought... "That guy looks like a baseball player". Though maybe instead of baseball it was just athlete.

No, I told him the same thing at GenCon. He actually reminds me of a good friend I played against back in the day. Then when he revealed that little tidbit to me, I was all, "YES, I KNEW IT!"

Stok3d
08-21-2013, 08:06 PM
Here you go Stok3d...

Thanks Boss for posting a thumbnail that I can barely read!!! lol
That 97mph fastball I'm sure was making the catcher's gloves 'pop' though.

McKizz
08-21-2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks Boss for posting a thumbnail that I can barely read!!! lol
That 97mph fastball I'm sure was making the catcher's gloves 'pop' though.

You should see his K/BB ratio on the back.

hex_colin
08-21-2013, 09:17 PM
Noted thanks Yoss...

Looks like Cory`s interview contains a couple expletives

I censored them... Sorry for the delay - I was flying back to the West Coast.

C

hex_colin
08-21-2013, 10:01 PM
A couple of things about this thread...

BossHoss - I really appreciate you helping the site out. I just wanted to make it clear that you don't need to do that - I certainly didn't expect it and I really meant it when I said the whole GenCon thing was "no strings attached". I'd have been happy for you to show up at GenCon, do whatever you wanted, even if I hadn't seen you at all. It's a bonus that we all ended up forging new friendships as a side effect of our Hex habit!
More generally, thanks to everyone saying nice things about about what I did for GenCon. I'm just happy I can help out, and that I'm at a point in my life where I can do so. I only wish I could help out more folks - in time...

Colin

Norious
08-22-2013, 05:46 AM
Generosity
While this post will have little to do with card gaming, it does have much to do about paying it forward and how much internet communities can make or break a game. Scouring these forums alone have prompted me to have faith again in a gaming community. I think the HEX community is going to make this game an incredible experience.

I was in college and the internet was still in diapers. I started to play and make PBEM (http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/pbm_list/) games. My gaming world had around 80 players involved. Well, a fated day happened and my hard drive was blasted into oblivion by a lightning strike (lazy college guy didn't believe in surge protectors). My game players, without my knowledge or even asking, banded together and sent me a new hard drive! No strings attached! I was overwhelmed.
From what I am reading here in the HEX forums it seems like I have found a similar community.

These days where the sentiment of Entitlement is dominant and good samaritans are rare. I found a good place here and hope to learn and grow with you all. Well done!

BossHoss
08-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Event #2 - Are you nuts?
Closed: August 24th, 2013 8:00pm PDT

Norious
08-22-2013, 01:47 PM
BUG OFF - I would love to see this site have either links or replays to bosses in the game. Or even pve tournament replays. Just to make this site stand out from the main hex site.

Gulbech
08-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Generosity

This is a great topic, and really cant comprehend how much some people will do for a community and people they hardly know. That is real geneorosity.

But i will also share my own little story, and one of the reasons i actually started playing rollplaying games.
When i was 13 year i went to some kind of bording school, where most kids where 15 to 18 years. I was mature of my age, but still hard to get to know people older then you. One day in my first week i saw some guys playing some kind of card game (MTG), and they showed me how to play. I really wanted to join them and play, so i sometimes borrowed a deck so i could play with them.

After a week or so, they one day surpriced me with my own collection. They had all gone together and found a lot of cards they didnt use, and also bought a couple of booster packs so i could join them in the game. So they helped me get started and took me in, and became some of my best friends. The way they helped me out, both to be part of a group and community and also helped me get a lot of cards, was real generosity and an amazing experience i could take with me.

Some years later, when i stoped playing magic i sold the best 10% of my cards and then went down to over gaming store where i donated the rest to some of the new young kids i knew. So they could get the same expereince as me.

In generel i have seen much more frinedly people and generosity within rollplaying and TCG communities, then most other places.

The whole discussion in this thread, had me thinking. I believe people can be genereous and want to help other, without asking anything in return or doing it for themself. If you help others and give them a good experience, it will not always come back, but you can sometime inspire other people to do good too.
I live in Denmark, and most sport clubs have a lot of people doing vulentary work. Most young trainers dont get paid or anything to train other kid. But some of the kids who had a good trainer, becomes a trainer themself when they get older, and want to give something back. I had a great trainer when i played Volleyball as a kid, who did not only help as a trainer but different areas too. He is one of the reason i wanted to train kids myself, and been a trainer for almost 10 years.

So generousity have to start somewhere, but it can be like a rolling snowball. One good action can inspire other people to do good themself.

Best regard
Gulbech

Gulbech
08-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Bug Off

I have not found any special bugs, but have some comments about the interface and future ideas.

1: When you go away from the main page, you should keep the top bar the same, with the name and everything. Or atleast make it a bit more exiting then just typing Hex Valut. Think it would look great with a picture or your nice new logo instead.
2: On the front page, the 4 areas (articles, interveiws, Hex Live and Community) you have to click the "read more" to get to the next page, should make all those 4 areas to hyperlinks.
3: When you go to "from the vault" you are meet with a wall of text. It is all a good read, but you have to scroll alot around. Would it be possible just to have the heading and a few lines, and then you can click read more - and the rest of the text will expand. Would make it easier to get an overview.
4: Background, I like the main page, but when you visits the other pages with articles and stuff it looks a bit blend. It would be nice with some more colours or pictures. Just like this page, on each side there are some nice art and make it more exciting to look at. Dont have to be someting special, just a bit more colour.
5: Card database. As a vault i think it would be great to be able to view all cards or have a link to a site who have them. Maybe like: http://www.hex-datamine.com/
6: Future articles and writers. Make some different series of articles people wants to read every week or 2, you could bring in some other writers who where willing to help. This way you make ure people wants to come back every week to read their new favorite article. Some of the articles could be about:
- Breaking down the newest metagame or winning deck
- A weekly draft, with video and comments about picks and the games
- State of the game, development in card prices and whats comming next in HEX
- Deckbuilding, both competetive, fun comboes and making good deck with only 10$

Hope you can use some of the ideas, really enjoying reading about the trip to Gen Con and the interviews.

Mariab
08-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Bug Off

I didn't found any real bugs, but i will share with you some possible improvement
* The social links in top of the page should be opened in a different window
* There is " - a " in the page title , Not sure if it's mistake or not.
* Add favorite icon and the new logo in the website so it can have visual identity
* The forum need some customization
* The font size in the blog is little small and difficult to read
* A preview with the last articles, forum posts and news in the index page could be great

For future content, games and tournament ( draft ) replays or live should be nice.
Also i don't know if it will be possible or not, some information related with the game auction house
should be interesting like actual average price of a card, 5 last order or sell ...

Norious
08-22-2013, 06:33 PM
Sounds like this would ne interesting for a PVE promo card. Pay It Forward: Constant Give another champion 1 life or draw a card. You get the other option.

Norious
08-23-2013, 08:49 AM
BUG OFF -
I would love to see a daily widget of sorts on the side - maybe showing interesting stats of the game so far (most utilized card in drafts, which color is used for this dungeon boss, etc. Also place a poll for tidbits like which deck are you planning on getting when beta launches (Slacker backers)..

RobHaven
08-23-2013, 09:12 AM
GENEROSITY

Ugh...shit's about to get real. I'm not super comfortable with this, but whatever...we're all practically best-friends-for-life anyway, right? Brevity was never a strength of mine, but I feel like it's a story that needs telling in as much detail as possible (for perspective). Bear with me.

So most of you know that Kates and I are "attached." I would guess that most of you assume we're a couple, and I'd probably guess the same if I were in your shoes. I can tell you we're not really a couple, but I can't explain what we are - not because I don't want to, but because I genuinely believe there is no term for the kind of friendship we have. We have a name for it, but it's silly and has a long, boring story. I'll save it for another time. This is the story of how we came to be what we are...

I met Kates last Fall. I didn't say a word to her except "hi" and later "thanks for the ride." Despite playing on an indoor soccer team together shortly after that, I still didn't talk to her much. At times I can be kind of shy, and I have a hard time in certain social situations (especially when a cute girl is involved). Not to mention the fact that when I met her, I was going through the most trying time in my life.

I wrote out the whole thing, but I deleted it. Let me spare you several pages of detailed sob-story. This takes place from February 2012 to April 2013. Here's the outline:
- My Crohns came out of remission in violent fashion; doctors repeatedly violated my anus; I lost more than 40 pounds, almost all muscle mass. This started in 2011, but came to a head in early 2012.
- I was diagnosed with a heart condition that meant I shouldn't sprint anymore.
- I went from playing on 4 to 6 soccer teams each season, year round to not being able to play at all; I had to give up my passion. This also started in 2011 and carried on until Fall 2012.
- My girlfriend of 4 years started seeing someone else (while we were living together) because she couldn't deal with my health issues or depression; I had to move out of the home I made with what I thought was my future wife. I lost everything, including [almost] all of my friends. (They didn't want to pick sides, and I couldn't be around her anymore.)
- My employer wouldn't let me work from home despite the fact that my job is completely done over email and internet. Being in work during the winter posed a VERY real risk to my health (no immune system).
- One of my best friend's fiances repeatedly tried to force me to have sex with her. My best friend never found out the full details, but we're not close anymore as a result. After hearing some of it, he still decided to marry her in a rushed court house kind of thing. She called, texted, and sent pictures for months. She borderline stalked me. It felt like there was no escape.
- I finally opened up (after years of silence) about being sexually assaulted. The circumstances of the assault are completely unbelievable...but it was very, very real. To clarify: It was not the friend's fiance who did it.
- The now-ex girlfriend [I]tortured me for months on end...all while I was being diagnosed with bipolar (which apparently I've had for years) and trying to get ahold of my ups and downs.
- There's more, but that's all I'm really getting into.

So last fall is when I decided to start playing soccer again, risks be damned. It's how I became friends with Kates. At the time - as mentioned - I was being unrelentingly tormented by my ex. I wasn't yet on medicine for the bipolar, and I had repeatedly shown a blatant disregard for my own well-being (gambling thousands of dollars at a time, trying to get arrested, regularly driving like a maniac and wanting to test how bad of a wreck I could survive, etc). Disregard for well-being eventually became an active desire to end it. I wanted out. I knew it was a selfish move, and I knew it was weak...but everything was piling up and I folded. It was the single worst time of my life...and I've been through some shit before.

All of that is to put things into perspective. I didn't know Kates very well. We only knew each other a few months, and all of those months were the darkest of any I've ever lived through. We were starting to get close, but how close can you get to someone who was a quiet stranger just 3 months prior? Despite not knowing me all that well, Kates did something for me that no one else could. When my doctor told me I was no longer allowed to be alone - I had to have someone with me every minute of every day - Kates stepped in. Given where I was at and where I was headed, it would be nothing short of criminal to say that she didn't save my life. She did. Literally.

Kates took a chance on me, and it changed my life/our lives forever. The lengths she went to were limitless. Her patience was infinite. She provided tough love when needed, constant care, and endless empathy. At one point - to help me escape the things hurting me most - she had me move in with her so she could protect me. Kates was having a very tough time of her own (I later found out she had a LOT on her plate), but it never once stopped her from giving and giving and giving. She is easily one of the sweetest, kindest, and most selfless (quite often at her own expense) people I know. Coincidentally, she's also one of the funniest and most brilliant people I know...and that is a huge understatement, if anything. (As an aside: She's also a vicious ball breaker, but that's not really relevant here.) If any of you have the honor and blessing of becoming her friend, I promise you your life will be all the better for it.

I'm still working on getting better, and Kates is still by my side helping where she can. There is no one else in the world like her, and she'll always be uniquely special to me.

So that's our story. I know it's super long - sorry about that - and I know it's probably too personally revealing. Kates is far too modest to tell the story herself, and I honestly don't think she would qualify what she did as anything other than "being a good friend." This was my life changing moment when I was the recipient of unfathomable generosity and selflessness. This is Kates' story of paying it forward.
I've done some good things in my life: I've been a volunteer coach for 12 years, volunteered for many groups (ChemoClothes (http://http://chemoclothes.org/about-us) is my favorite) and helped my family and friends when I could. Nothing I've done can compare to what Kates did for me, and I do hope that someday I can give to someone else like she did for me.

BossHoss
08-23-2013, 01:29 PM
GENEROSITY

Ugh...shit's about to get real. I'm not super comfortable with this, but whatever...we're all practically best-friends-for-life anyway, right?

Thanks for sharing. It`s not easy spilling it all out for the world to see. I got goosebumps reading it...

NaryaDL0re
08-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Thanks for sharing. It`s not easy spilling it all out for the world to see. I got goosebumps reading it...

^ that. My post didnt express this praise because I m often finding myself taking such strength for granted. But in reality posting such a story takes an unusual amount of guts.
Even more so under the current circumstances of people questioning possible ulterior motives...

I m glad I can believe such a story from the beginning to the end despite the
sheer amount of drama that cries to be interpreted as fictional.

Rambo
08-23-2013, 05:43 PM
Bug Off!

Following the trend, I haven't found any bugs per se, but I do have some thoughts for suggested improvements.

1. When clicking on your social media links, could you have it open in a new tab/window automatically? It would be nice to not have to back up on the current browse just to get back to your site.
2. Overall I'd like to see some Hex tools available. How about a card draw simulator? Or a probability tables that you can use to optimize resource counts for your deck?
3. Aesthetically, it'd be nice to keep the main overall themed header or sidebars throughout the navigation of your site. So for instance, when you page through articles, keeping some things constant to keep the theme of your website.
4. This was mentioned earlier, but I also agree that a card database is highly useful and I think would be a very utilized feature.

Thanks!
-Rambo

Rambo
08-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Generosity

My story wasn't life changing, but it is completely fresh in my head as it just happened last week.

Last week, at the local convenience store where I frequently visit an elderly man with a guide dog came in, went to the aisle with the greetings cards, picked up a card, held it up extremely close to his face, and struggled to read it. Just as I was about to walk over to help him, a big truck driver asked him if he needed assistance reading, and then proceeded to read him almost every single greeting card out loud until the elderly man smiled and said, “That’s perfect! My wife will love that one!”

It is moments like those that keep my faith in humanity alive. If only more people had this kind of genuine care towards others, the world would be a much better place.

-Rambo

BossHoss
08-23-2013, 09:25 PM
Event #3 – More Funktion, Less Fail

BossHoss
08-24-2013, 08:12 PM
Event #4 - Excuse me, I full-arted
Closed: August 27th, 2013 8:00pm PDT

Gulbech
08-26-2013, 03:41 PM
Nice post Kates.

To continiue on the foundation in this thread, about generousity. I have another story i would like to share. As I posted earlier, i think good deeds can inspire others to also give away and help others.

One of my friends once worked in a club/Institution for young people, where they could hang out after school or in the evening. We both played a lot of miniature games then, and introduced it in the club for the kids. Some got hooked pretty fast, and got their own army and collection. But some of the kids from poor families could not afford the miniatures, as they are pretty expensensive. To help out i donated some of my own miniatures, I didnt use much, to help start some armies for the kids. My friend then got the idea to post it on our miniature community forums, if anybody wanted to help out.
Withon 1 month, he had received enough miniatures to start atleast 4 different armies, for the kids to paint and play with in the club.

I think that was real generousity, and quite overwhelming. I think one of the reasons so many people donated, was because they wanted to give something away. A feeling to belong somewhere, like you do when you are part of a community. Probably because most of them had found a place themself, where they could belong. So how they where accepted into the miniature community, maybe made them want to also give something to others.

Gulbech

BossHoss
08-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Event #5 - How can I help?
Closed: August 30th, 2013 9:00pm PDT

Vibraxus
08-27-2013, 11:41 AM
How can I help?

Let somebody in front of you at the checkout at the supermarket who only has a few things when you have a cart load.

Mariab
08-27-2013, 11:43 AM
How can I help?

1.) Offer your seat to someone
2.) Smile can help someone have better day

Vibraxus
08-27-2013, 11:50 AM
How can I help?

Buy an extra burger, or whatever, and give it to the person begging for change on the corner.

Gulbech
08-27-2013, 12:04 PM
How can I help?

Simple just greet people you meet on the street with a smile

Gulbech
08-27-2013, 01:11 PM
How can I help?

EDIT: There where another post between my two posts, that a mod deleted. Dont want to get in trouble :P

Probably by not posting something to call other people stupid. :P

But more serious:
Invite an older neighbor to dinner, or offer to bring him or her a homecooked meal.

Vibraxus
08-27-2013, 01:22 PM
How can I help?

A hearty handshake or a hug and a "thank you" to a person in uniform will make their day

Gulbech
08-27-2013, 01:28 PM
How can I help?

Give money to a good cause, like WWF or Childrens Village

QuartZ
08-27-2013, 04:49 PM
How can i Help?

Just be patient with people, maybe they're having a bad day or dont even know why they are so stressed.

Umaro
08-27-2013, 04:54 PM
How can I help?

Drive politely. Everyone hates the jerk that won't let them get over into the next lane to exit the freeway.

QuartZ
08-27-2013, 05:13 PM
How can I help?
Tell your wife/husband/sons/daughters/friends/family how much you love them.

Gwaer
08-27-2013, 05:48 PM
How can I help?

Reminding people that if you click on someones name on the forum, and click view profile there is an ignore button that will automagically minimize those certain peoples posts so you don't have to read them unless you're feeling like punishing yourself.

Gulbech
08-27-2013, 07:15 PM
How can I help?

Be a gentleman, hold the door for other people.

Kami
08-28-2013, 10:24 AM
Please try to keep it civil guys. I understand certain things can become rather emotional but if you think something shouldn't be posted, don't post it.

If you have a personal issues with someone, please take it to private instead of making it public.

http://www.cryptozoic.com/coc#Harassing or Defamatory

Norious
08-28-2013, 11:10 AM
How can I help?

Help others to become self sufficient. The proverb of "feed a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach him to fish and feed him for a lifetime" is what I think is best.

Gulbech
08-28-2013, 11:18 AM
How can I help?

Remember to tell your co-workers, you think they are doing a great job and what you appreciate about them as co-workers.

Umaro
08-28-2013, 07:11 PM
How can I help?

Hand a fiver to a homeless person from time to time. My dad was homeless for a while when he was a young hippy. Hitch-hiked his way up to Canada from southern California, living off of odd jobs and people's kindness and hospitality. He's a pretty successful person now, but still has that in his heart all the time.

Gulbech
08-28-2013, 07:59 PM
how can I help?

Help elderly and small children cross the street safely.

funktion
08-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Event #3 More Funktion, Less Fail

I don't check the forums for a day and then realize I missed something with my name on it... what'd I miss?

On topic:
How can I help?
1. Hold the elevator door open for someone!

BossHoss
08-28-2013, 09:09 PM
I don't check the forums for a day and then realize I missed something with my name on it... what'd I miss?

On topic:
How can I help?
1. Hold the elevator door open for someone!

lol. The event was to go watch your GenCon part 1 video and message me saying: "More Funktion, Less Fail? I can`t believe he forgot his [answer] at GenCon!

funktion
08-28-2013, 09:18 PM
HAHAHA WINNER, that's awesome!

Gulbech
08-28-2013, 10:07 PM
@Function, was actual a very nice podcast.

how can I help?

Always remember to be polite, when you post on a forum. Never writhe anything you would not say if you where standing next to the same person.

BossHoss
09-07-2013, 09:01 AM
Event #9 - Did you bring your tights?
Closed: September 8th, 2013 6:00am

BornMilitary
09-07-2013, 09:03 AM
"Did Orson bring his tights?"

He is a sleeping bear!!!

BossHoss
09-07-2013, 09:13 AM
"Did Orson bring his tights?"

He is a sleeping bear!!!

I wasn`t even done updating the event lol...

Gulbech
09-07-2013, 09:27 AM
Did Orson bring his tights?

Orson is a sleeping bear

Norious
09-12-2013, 07:38 AM
Always a green light
funny link i found that could apply to this mission - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts?page=8

scroll halfway down and the whole design team has cards named after them

Gulbech
09-12-2013, 08:36 AM
Yeah. Remember those. Let's not hope they.go into the playing set :P