PDA

View Full Version : Gen Con Hex promos up for trade

jollytothegreen
08-21-2013, 04:31 PM
I have two scratch cards and zero interest in Hex, so I figured I'd find them a better home.

I have the Gax the High Roller and Portensio Avon, Shadowknife Troubadour. Send me a PM and we can work it out. For those of you that play WoW, I am interested in some singles.

jollytothegreen
08-21-2013, 04:33 PM
For reference:

http://www.utopianchaos.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Portensio-of-Avon-Back.jpg

http://www.hexrealms.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=629&d=1373765855

Empyrium
08-21-2013, 05:14 PM
What singles are you looking for specifically ?

ossuary
08-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Locked thread incoming.

The_Wine_Gnat
08-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Locked thread incoming.

I'm not sure why you would suggest this be locked when he's just trying to trade cards. You realize trading is 100% ok right? And will be done through the AH, but people will still post on the forums? If anything, a new forum should be created for trading so not everything ends up in General.

Xenavire
08-21-2013, 07:52 PM
I wish I had anything worth trading for, I would really like those mercs. Just have to wait until this time next year.

Shadowelf
08-22-2013, 01:19 AM
Locked thread incoming.

Selling/trading items isn't against the coc..only accounts' trading/selling http://www.cryptozoic.com/coc#Account Trading

jimmywolf
08-22-2013, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure why you would suggest this be locked when he's just trying to trade cards. You realize trading is 100% ok right? And will be done through the AH, but people will still post on the forums? If anything, a new forum should be created for trading so not everything ends up in General.

i like the idea of a new forum for trading

Kami
08-22-2013, 10:11 AM
i like the idea of a new forum for trading

I agree, but I suspect it won't happen until the game is at least in our paws.

jollytothegreen
08-22-2013, 02:00 PM
My wants:

WoW, priority top to bottom:
Reign of Fire sealed product
WoW 3/3 loots, particularly flying mounts
2x Warden Maiev
2x Maimgor's Bite (foil preferred)
2x Scarlet Kris
1x Smite's Reaver
2x Archimonde, Hand of Sargeras
4x Kaz'rogal's Hardened Heart

Board Games:
War of the Ring Expansions (Lords of Middle Earth, Battles of the Third Age, 2nd Ed "upgrade" pack, Promos, etc)
Ascension expansions beyond CotGS
Twilight Imperium base set + Expansions
LOTR DBG The Two Towers

I am also interested in Amazon giftcards.

Looking at 85-100 value for both, but feel free to make me an offer.

Kroan
08-22-2013, 02:02 PM
I think you're strongly overvaluing the mercenaries, especially since they'll be available from within the game next year :)

jollytothegreen
08-22-2013, 02:09 PM
I am valuing them based on what I have seen on Ebay, as well has trade value.

Kroan
08-22-2013, 02:16 PM
I am valuing them based on what I have seen on Ebay, as well has trade value.
The 4 Gax'es on ebay have 0 bids, and I don't expect them to sell at all. I have sincere doubts about anyone willing to spend more than $20 (i would even go as far as say $10) for it. Especially considering they're not trade-able once redeemed and therefor lose all value if used.

I wish you however best of luck to find a buyer :)

jollytothegreen
08-22-2013, 02:21 PM
I am open to offers. Don't let what I am looking for intimidate you.

XagoTrunk
08-22-2013, 02:57 PM
I have zero interest in Hex,

You lost me here

Aradon
08-22-2013, 03:16 PM
The 4 Gax'es on ebay have 0 bids, and I don't expect them to sell at all. I have sincere doubts about anyone willing to spend more than $20 (i would even go as far as say $10) for it. Especially considering they're not trade-able once redeemed and therefor lose all value if used.

I wish you however best of luck to find a buyer :)

$20 seems pretty reasonable for a mercenary. Their in-game price is going to average to be $2 x (100/% drop rate), so if their drop rate is 5% from the chest, you're looking at 20 packs to get one, and that's 40 dollars. If you consider the cards you open as some compensation for the money spent, you're still looking at a sizable price tag. And we don't really know what drop rate to expect mercs at. 10% seems rather optimistic to me, so unless you open something of value, it's probably going to cost at least $20 to acquire a given merc.

hex_colin
08-22-2013, 03:26 PM
$20 seems pretty reasonable for a mercenary. Their in-game price is going to average to be $2 x (100/% drop rate), so if their drop rate is 5% from the chest, you're looking at 20 packs to get one, and that's 40 dollars. If you consider the cards you open as some compensation for the money spent, you're still looking at a sizable price tag. And we don't really know what drop rate to expect mercs at. 10% seems rather optimistic to me, so unless you open something of value, it's probably going to cost at least $20 to acquire a given merc.

I'm willing to bet the drop rate will be significantly higher than that (say 20-25%) - I really don't think CZE wants too high a barrier to acquisition. I'm sure CZE would be happy to get 3-4 packs worth of revenue from a large number of customers during Cons.

Empyrium
08-22-2013, 03:32 PM
I'll pass, I didn't think you would be looking for so much.

wurtil
08-22-2013, 03:49 PM
Come on, "trading" for an amazon giftcard? Might as well say you are willing to trade for multiple Andrew Jackson mercs too.

Aradon
08-22-2013, 04:06 PM
I'm willing to bet the drop rate will be significantly higher than that (say 20-25%) - I really don't think CZE wants too high a barrier to acquisition. I'm sure CZE would be happy to get 3-4 packs worth of revenue from a large number of customers during Cons.

I disagree, but I certainly would be happy to see you right :)

hexnaes
08-22-2013, 07:40 PM
I disagree, but I certainly would be happy to see you right :)

I disagree too. I'm guessing there will be other items in the same loot pool.

If they're rare drops from chests, what would we expect a rare loot drop from a chest to be? 10% maybe? Then you have other items that are also in the 10% range.

I'd love to see them drop frequently from the chests, but that would probably drain some of the excitement from the live events. This past event cost $10 to get into, why pay $10 to play if you can just buy a couple packs and get the same item?

Frank1397
08-23-2013, 12:57 PM
Primal gives 3 rares.The rares are Mercs, Equipment and Alternate art cards.

Shadowelf
08-23-2013, 01:14 PM
Primal gives 3 rares.The rares are Mercs, Equipment and Alternate art cards.

Primal drops 3 items; this means that it triples your chance of opening a merc/ AA/ sleeves. This doesn't necessary mean that that your are guaranteed to get any of the above (http://hextcg.com/exclusives-treasure-and-mercenaries/)

Frank1397
08-23-2013, 01:30 PM
I read somewhere that sleeves are gencon only and never drop a chest open at the gencon time. You can only have 1 merc of one kind. If you already have it it gives a other one.I dont know if it is the same with equipment and alternate cards.Primal pack only gives rare or legenday. Look at the kickstarter all card are rare or legenday same with the chest drop.

Mugaaz
08-23-2013, 01:34 PM
Come on, "trading" for an amazon giftcard? Might as well say you are willing to trade for multiple Andrew Jackson mercs too.

LOL'ed

Shadowelf
08-23-2013, 01:47 PM
I read somewhere that sleeves are gencon only and never drop a chest open at the gencon time.

Gencon sleeves can't be found in treasure chests, because they are only given to Gencon attendants. There will be a particular sleeve design however only found in chests

To be clear, some things, like a specific sleeve design, will be exclusive to treasure chests (http://hextcg.com/exclusives-treasure-and-mercenaries/)

You can only have 1 merc of one kind. If you already have it it gives a other one.

The first part is true, (Mercenaries you get one of each you have qualified for, this is all an account would need http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/484901#comments update #11); as for the second we don't know but i doubt it

I dont know if it is the same with equipment and alternate cards.Primal pack only gives rare or legenday. Look at the kickstarter all card are rare or legenday same with the chest drop

Primal pack yes,(Primal Packs are "god packs" that will drop for lucky players when buying HEX booster packs. It is not a separate item in the HEX Store. Every card in this booster is a Rare or Legendary!http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts?page=8 update #5) primal chest no (Each pack of cards comes with a treasure chest. The chests range in rarity (common, uncommon, rare, legendary, and primal). Common and uncommon chests drop one item, rare and legendary chests drop two items, and primal chests drop three items http://hextcg.com/exclusives-treasure-and-mercenaries/)

zadies
08-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Really depends on if they do smart drops on the mercs or if it does a complete reroll if you hit a merc you have, or just says you are sol

Frank1397
08-24-2013, 02:38 AM
Thx for the info Shadowelf,

Shadowelf
08-24-2013, 03:30 AM
Thx for the info Shadowelf,

My pleasure :)

If you have more questions check here http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26987