PDA

View Full Version : Hex Meteor

Madican
08-22-2013, 09:40 AM
We all know the Hex meteor crashed into Entrath, scattering the Hex gems across the globe and introducing the new powers of Ruby, Sapphire, and Diamond. We also know that the Diamond gems found themselves to human corpses to create the necrotic, dragons who hoarded the gems assimilated them into their being, and likely there's many other unknown side-effects to the gems we don't know yet.

But I'm focused on the Hex meteor for one reason: something that big, that massive, has or had a core. Generally asteroids have metal cores, some hot/liquid and some cold/solid. The question is which does Hex have? It's still floating there above Entrath. Maybe that's the core that survived and maybe the core is further in. The big question is what that core is made of and what's going to happen because of it.

The diamond Hex gems contained an alien intelligence that created the necrotic. Is the core the seat of that intelligence perhaps? Maybe the Hex meteor is not a vessel, but actually a prison, designed to contain a being of unfathomable power who needed to be contained by three, or maybe more, different brands of magic. A being who was being contained in all of the gems and fragmented when Hex hit Entrath. If diamond contained its essence, then what of the other gems? Maybe ruby holds its power and sapphire its mental abilities.

Here's my crackpot theory: The necrotic's ultimate purpose is to either cause Hex to crash into Entrath again, this time permanently, or get up to Hex themselves.

Lockon
08-22-2013, 10:51 AM
Well, whatever's in it, its nature will definitely define the Necrotic's motives and whether or not the attacks on them was justified. Personally, I'm hoping it's a prison.

Norious
08-22-2013, 01:36 PM
On a side note - are there a pve areas where the meteor impacted (and exited)? If there is already, disregard post. If not, why can't there be a pve area called The Crater and have encounters there? Heavy concentrations of hex material are fought over by invaders, mutant creatures result from such heavy exposure to hex, maybe shard like race emerging from the long term exposure vying for survival