PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday! Where is the update?

hex_colin
08-23-2013, 09:15 AM
I'm beyond shocked that no one has started the "It's Friday! Where is my update?" thread! ;)

Content speculation...

Official CZE GenCon/Dragon Lord Video?
Official Zeedu Spoiler?

What else?

Vengus
08-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Weekly card reveals: 2 Blood cards.

ossuary
08-23-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm also surprised this thread didn't pop up sooner. Maybe people have finally started to accept that the updates always come along on Friday afternoon, PST. I don't even look for them until about 1 or 2 PM Pacific, and I don't get worried unless they haven't shown up by 4. :)

4gn0st1x
08-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Hopefully we get some combo or ramp cards spoiled this time.

Gwaer
08-23-2013, 10:22 AM
You know what's coming Colin. The DL dinner included a release itinerary for every Friday until alpha.

Vengus
08-23-2013, 10:24 AM
You know what's coming Colin. The DL dinner included a release itinerary for every Friday until alpha.
Did CRZ also give the exact date for the alpha release? :p

Gwaer
08-23-2013, 10:29 AM
Yea, of course. And also a link to download the alpha client early when the time comes, so we'll be ready.

Chiany
I'm also surprised this thread didn't pop up sooner. Maybe people have finally started to accept that the updates always come along on Friday afternoon, PST. I don't even look for them until about 1 or 2 PM Pacific, and I don't get worried unless they haven't shown up by 4. :)

I am getting used to see the update late at night local time, so I wait (im)patiently

hex_colin
Did CRZ also give the exact date for the alpha release? :p

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you... ;)

Vengus
08-23-2013, 10:33 AM
How about, if you don't tell me, I kill you instead? :p

KiraForce
08-23-2013, 10:34 AM

I could handle that. Playing HEX as a zombie would be bad-ass.

bofedy
08-23-2013, 10:36 AM
How about, if you don't tell me, I kill you instead? :p

Oh no its the fuzz....RUN!

Zophie
08-23-2013, 10:45 AM
More streams plz! :)

Icepick
08-23-2013, 10:46 AM
More streams would be cool. I find it a little odd that they only scheduled the one, to be honest, since they supposed have their brand new room specifically set up for streaming.

hex_colin
08-23-2013, 10:48 AM
More streams would be cool. I find it a little odd that they only scheduled the one, to be honest, since they supposed have their brand new room specifically set up for streaming.

Everyone was out of the office for 5-6 days at GenCon - I'm sure they haven't had a spare moment since they got back. If I had to guess, I bet we get one next Friday...

hex_colin
08-23-2013, 10:54 AM
HexTCG just tweeted "KS update is going to be a little later this afternoon."

Kroan
08-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Noooooooooooooooooo :(

Chiany
08-23-2013, 10:57 AM

I wonder what the reason is.

this suspense is killing me ;)

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Don't worry. They'll spoil another card as awesome as Wild Root Dancer, and I'll be forced to adopt a new love child. :-P

Icepick
08-23-2013, 11:00 AM

*flips table*

Vibraxus
08-23-2013, 11:02 AM
*flips table*

Ohhh cards on the ground...MINE!

hammer
08-23-2013, 11:03 AM
Don't worry. They'll spoil another card as awesome as Wild Root Dancer, and I'll be forced to adopt a new love child. :-P

More likely to reveal the new nerfed version of the one the only wild root dancer :-)

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-23-2013, 11:04 AM
Sad to say, it's a possibility. WRD is just so damned good. Still, they can't break my heart again; it was already broken by the Master Beast Rider nerf. >.<

dogmod
08-23-2013, 11:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

Vengus
08-23-2013, 11:07 AM
When you play a resource, another target troop you control gets permanent -2 ATK / -2 DEF.

Chiany
08-23-2013, 11:07 AM
Sad to say, it's a possibility. WRD is just so damned good. Still, they can't break my heart again; it was already broken by the Master Beast Rider nerf. >.<

Expect the unexpected ;)

maybe just a video that takes a bit more work?

Chiany
08-23-2013, 11:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0

Damn, I keep falling for it ;)

bofedy
08-23-2013, 11:33 AM
Well as long as they dont notice that roostersaur is not broken im happy :D

felmare
08-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Yea, of course. And also a link to download the alpha client early when the time comes, so we'll be ready.

I <3 Gwaer.

LargoLaGrande
08-23-2013, 11:52 AM

Master Beast Rider broke my heart twice in the same week. The first time was when I learned that you could only have 4 of a specific gem in your deck. I was going to make a sweet W/B deck with MBR and Inquisitor with the direct damage blood gem -_-. Then they nerfed it.

Frank1397
08-23-2013, 12:36 PM
Can somebody explain why i feel like a junky who needs his fix.

Umaro
08-23-2013, 01:06 PM
Can somebody explain why i feel like a junky who needs his fix.

Because you're a junky who needs his fix. :)

Xhanatos
08-23-2013, 02:04 PM
In all seriousness though, anybody knows if there will be an update today?

hammer
08-23-2013, 02:05 PM
In all seriousness though, anybody knows if there will be an update today?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ and twitter explain

Gulbech
08-23-2013, 02:13 PM

That is pure evil!!!

Malicus
08-23-2013, 02:22 PM

I clicked it hoping it would be what it was - love that song. Honestly if it had been something genuine I would have been disappointed.

Kardh
08-23-2013, 02:29 PM
Amazing song indeed!

But the update needs to come now.. bedtime soon here in Sweden!

ossuary
08-23-2013, 02:29 PM
This version is literally better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-6XBbqoGRk

Fireblast
08-23-2013, 02:32 PM

It would really have been nice if the non US / non GenCon attending Dragon Lord had a mail with the minutes of the infos released at the dinner.
Missing a great dinner is already a big loss, missing on the gifts and the info is heartbreaking.

~

hammer
08-23-2013, 02:44 PM
See what happens Cory when you are late - we get Puns, Parenting Advice and Rick Rolled!

hex_colin
08-23-2013, 02:45 PM
It would really have been nice if the non US / non GenCon attending Dragon Lord had a mail with the minutes of the infos released at the dinner.
Missing a great dinner is already a big loss, missing on the gifts and the info is heartbreaking.~

I think you missed the sarcasm in Gwaer's post.

Anything we found out was as a result of a carefully crafted plan to ensure Ben's wine glass was full ALL THE TIME! ;)

More seriously, individually, or in small groups, we probably found out minor things that could technically be considered spoilers. Seems like everyone has decided to let what was said at the Dragon Lord dinner stay at the Dragon Lord dinner just in case CZE wasn't ready to say anything. Personally, maintaining the relationships I developed over those 4 days is much more important to me that taking any sort of risk by divulging anything I may or may not know about the game that hasn't been officially released.

Also, anything that CZE said "officially" is in the video of Cory's speech which is floating around the internet someshere ;) There were no other official announcements, despite Gwaer's teasing.

hammer
08-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Did the Dragon Lords Dinner reveal the one and only true "Immortal" tier backer?

Vengus
08-23-2013, 02:54 PM
I think you missed the sarcasm in Gwaer's post.

Anything we found out was as a result of a carefully crafted plan to ensure Ben's wine glass was full ALL THE TIME! ;)

More seriously, individually, or in small groups, we probably found out minor things that could technically be considered spoilers. Seems like everyone has decided to let what was said at the Dragon Lord dinner stay at the Dragon Lord dinner just in case CZE wasn't ready to say anything. Personally, maintaining the relationships I developed over those 4 days is much more important to me that taking any sort of risk by divulging anything I may or may not know about the game that hasn't been officially released.

Also, anything that CZE said "officially" is in the video of Cory's speech which is floating around the internet someshere ;) There were no other official announcements, despite Gwaer's teasing.
How much wine was needed to get him to loosen up?

Dralon
08-23-2013, 02:58 PM
I lost track but he seemed to enjoy it immensely. I never asked what kind of red it was though.

ossuary
08-23-2013, 03:03 PM
See what happens Cory when you are late - we get Puns, Parenting Advice and Rick Rolled!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ

hammer
08-23-2013, 03:03 PM
Well its 11pm here in the Uk - time to bale out and catch the update in the morning. Night All !

Vengus
08-23-2013, 03:15 PM
I lost track but he seemed to enjoy it immensely. I never asked what kind of red it was though.
It is important information, I need to know the correct dosage. Too little and he won't talk, too much and he'll go blackout. It needs to be balanced very carefully for maximum effect.

felmare
08-23-2013, 03:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNoi_wwzbtQ

this gave me the sad face :*(

Shadowelf
08-23-2013, 03:20 PM
It appears that we will be up to a twitch time update this time aka 5 pm PDT; hope i'm wrong though

Vengus
08-23-2013, 03:24 PM
Update on HEX front page!

It is starting. :D

Vibraxus
08-23-2013, 03:32 PM
That story from Phil was awesome.

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-23-2013, 03:34 PM
Finally!

The ramp card spoiled is pretty delicious, but the life-from-death bunny was already spoiled (and isn't exactly impressive >.<).

Icepick
08-23-2013, 03:36 PM
Really? I thought the Blood Bearer was pretty good.

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-23-2013, 03:56 PM
It's a 1/1 for 1 (which is almost always unimpressive), and the ability will usually be irrelevant - unless I had some way to abuse the ability, or some way to make good use of lifegain, I'd generally rather a card that had more impact on the game than padding my total a little bit.

I wouldn't rule out 'token' decks being able to make decent enough use out of him (ie. Battle Hopper decks), but in the majority of cases I just don't see it having enough impact.

ramseytheory
08-23-2013, 03:57 PM
I think it's maybe a little hard to judge the Blood Bearer at this point since we haven't seen any other blood 1-drops beyond Unmerciful Tormentor (which is only usable in beatdown decks). The PVE equipment looks like it would be pretty fun to build a deck around, though.

e: Although thinking about it, we do know about Charge Bot, which is an improvement on Blood Bearer barring combos (or something weird like a mono blood tribal shin'hare deck).

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Unmerciful Tormentor is ruby. :-P Fang of the Mountain God is blood, and he's actually a good 1 drop, being a 2/2 (with slighty drawback, but in the aggro deck he wants to be in self-pinging for 1 a turn is fine for that body on a 1 drop).

I'm just primarily going on MTG experience, and the other Hex one drops, and if I wouldn't play Scrivener outside of a deck where I could really abuse the ability, I probably wouldn't run Blood Bearer outside of a deck that I could actually abuse the ability in.

Leingod
08-23-2013, 04:16 PM
I think it's mostly meant as a method of counteracting wretched brood life loss in shin hare decks honestly. Especially if you aren't running siphon or roosters for whatever reasons.

ossuary
08-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Also works well with the constant that lets you pay life to draw cards (can't remember the name off the top of my head, too tired to look it up). The Shin'Hare seem to be developing a nice bit of synergy around sacrificing some to make the rest (and you) better. See Gwaer's rundown on using the Shin'Hare deck at GenCon for examples of the good interactions these cards can have when combined. The lifegain helps keep the engine running.

Kroan
08-24-2013, 01:46 AM
I think the Blood Bearer is key-part of a sacrifice deck and like the card A LOT. It's gonna see constructed play for sure