PDA

View Full Version : Query: State of the game, completition percentage, possible release date'o alpha/beta

Aerensiniac
08-26-2013, 10:32 AM
No urging, no pressure, i merely would like to know where we are standing in terms of completion and possible date of alpha and/or beta (as kick starter).

KiraForce
08-26-2013, 10:35 AM
Alpha confirmed for "end of September", nothing more specific, so assume the second half of September. That's the best we know.

felmare
08-26-2013, 11:26 AM
whenever they get it done.

Aerensiniac
08-26-2013, 11:59 AM
whenever they get it done.There is always someone who needs to point that out... sigh... want a praise or a medal for your patience?

Gwaer
08-26-2013, 12:02 PM
i just like the idea of a completition. Bad game design, but good word.

4gn0st1x
08-26-2013, 12:05 PM
There is always someone who needs to point that out... sigh... want a praise or a medal for your patience?

He did give you the most accurate answer to your question.

ramseytheory
08-26-2013, 12:07 PM
We also know that the alpha is set to last "a few weeks", with beta shortly after.

Mr.Funsocks
08-26-2013, 12:24 PM
Per the devs, PvP is basically done, and has been for a while, and has just been in bugtesting for some time. The deckbuilder interface exists (we've seen it), and there's a challenge mode in the client. At this point I assume they're getting guilds/social features in, and proceeding full steam ahead in getting the PvE dungeons in the game.

Svenn
08-26-2013, 01:24 PM
Alpha end of September, Beta a few weeks after. Last I heard release wise they were shooting for end of the year/beginning of next. Game development is something that is highly subject to change, though, so don't be surprised if any of this changes before release.

felmare
08-26-2013, 02:10 PM
There is always someone who needs to point that out... sigh... want a praise or a medal for your patience?

yes please :D why cant people just accept end of sept. as a reasonable thing? they will make an announcement when they want to get specific.

Aerensiniac
08-26-2013, 03:25 PM
yes please :D why cant people just accept end of sept. as a reasonable thing? they will make an announcement when they want to get specific.Because if you would have actually read what i wrote you would know that i did not know about the end of sept.
mhhhh.... anyway, thanks for the info to the rest of ya all

Shadowelf
08-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Ok latest official info ;

Alpha end of September http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/b/443356012 0:00:50

Alpha will last 3 weeks then beta will follow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VUn3gOclMc 0:44:10

Launch end of the year https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z20tC_cGSsY 0:28:00; judging however that E3 video was before the Alpha delay, then January is a good estimate

Xenavire
08-26-2013, 06:03 PM
Random thought of the day - what if a large part of the delay was due to them re-working the guild features? Name reserving for guilds was promised as a part of the alpha access, and they may have decided to scrap the old designs, and go with something new (hence the thread asking about feature requests) and they have been devoting a lot of time to getting the guild framework setup so they can actually reserve the names?

It would explain a lot in one fell swoop, although I doubt it is the only reason.

Mokog
08-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Just guessing: Last week of September on Thursday is alpha because Thursday is the new Tuesday and it is Australian Friday. 6 weeks till beta. Release middle of Feb. Why? Gives them time for the holidays as well plenty of test and debug time. No one likes doing projects during the holidays.

Chiany
08-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Just guessing: Last week of September on Thursday is alpha because Thursday is the new Tuesday and it is Australian Friday. 6 weeks till beta.

Wait, wait, did you actually think about this, because it sounds pretty plausable!!

HyenaNipples
08-26-2013, 08:41 PM
Throw in a Christmas special on pre-release purchasing and I think Mokog nailed it.

Mindless
08-27-2013, 03:22 AM
Just guessing: Last week of September on Thursday is alpha because Thursday is the new Tuesday and it is Australian Friday. 6 weeks till beta. Release middle of Feb. Why? Gives them time for the holidays as well plenty of test and debug time. No one likes doing projects during the holidays.

Wait what? Am I the only one that didn't understand this? What does Tuesday and Australian friday have to do with what? I guess I'm not just custom to the expressions -_-

Mokog
08-27-2013, 03:57 AM
Tuesday is the common game release day for games in the US. I suggested a Thursday playing on the similarities between the two days of the week and noted that the US Thursday is the Australian Friday because of the time differences.

Thursday also makes a good day to open the alpha as it gives the team an additional weekday in the US to iron out any kinks in the servers before they hand off the technical stuff to their weekend team. With an alpha like this you definitely want all hands on deck the first two days for stability and an experienced crew to handle the first week, hence last week of September on a Thursday. Release will prolly be off week as well if only for the fact to stagger media releases and maximize game exposure.

You know of anything good releasing at the end of September? What about 2 weeks before Christmas? Have we seen the Feb game release line up yet? From everything I have seen so far CZE is full of passionate smart people who know how to handle a TCG business model. I just ask WWCJD? (What Would Cory Jones Do?)

Edit** T-shirt Idea:
Front says WWCJD and the back is an artist rendering of Cory giving an awkward hug or maybe the Princess Cory Card.

If you make this shirt all I ask for is one for posterity.

~Mokog

Mahes
08-27-2013, 07:10 AM
I think it will be a Tuesday that this game goes into live alpha. They are going to want a few days to work with before the weekend to address any unknowns that did not crop up in the internal testing.

So just presume that the game will go into alpha on September 24th.