PDA

View Full Version : New card revealed - Tyrannosaurus Hex

GrinningBuddha
08-28-2013, 12:07 PM
I didn't see this posted before, apologies if this is a repeat. I found a Gencon video of Hex on the Crits Happen channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/CritsHappen/videos) on Youtube.

If you go to 12:22 of this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmrbGVMcAB0), you'll see Ben Stoll play a Tyrannosaurus Hex, which is a 6/4 Wild creature with 2 threshold and Crush. Nothing too exciting, but it's a card I hadn't seen before.

Also of note is the AI playing Call The Grave on Ben's Briar Legion, which suggests that the card has changed from affecting cards in your graveyard to cards in any graveyard.

Umaro
08-28-2013, 12:11 PM
I hadn't seen that either. Nice catch.

Shadowelf
08-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Nice catch, wrong forum though; should have been in general discussion :)

Kami
08-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Nice catch, wrong forum though; should have been in general discussion :)

Not quite. :)

Welcome to the Strategy and Decklists forum! Please review our Forums Code of Conduct (http://www.cryptozoic.com/coc) before posting.

This forum is for players to discuss new cards, share decklists and talk strategy. Anything posted here should be considered public knowledge, so don't post your secret tech!

Any issues or questions requiring an official Cryptozoic response should be directed to cryptozoic.com/contact (http://www.cryptozoic.com/contact).

Shadowelf
08-28-2013, 01:06 PM
Not quite. :)

Woops :o

Should have read the forums' guidlines(quite rare of me of not doing so :p), sorry (to my defence forum title is misleading :) )

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-28-2013, 01:30 PM
Neato. If the limited format isn't super-fast (making ok/good quality 6 drops playable), then it should be good there, but won't get touched in constructed.

The Call the Grave apparent change is interesting, and opens it up to some new possibilities and interactions. I imagine if it is meant to work like that then it also likely changes the threshold of the card (similar to Relentless Corruption), which would have to make it at least uncommon rarity.

Aradon
08-28-2013, 04:40 PM
I tended to try and play Yavimmaya Wurm in limited. Eats stuff good. Kills opponents. Trades with stuff, but you don't get too broken up about it. Pretty good value if you have a deck that will push towards that mid-game, which most limited decks will.

Vengus
08-28-2013, 05:15 PM
I wouldn't get my hopes up yet about Call the Grave. It could be an AI only effect or maybe the AI is wearing a piece of equipment that changes Call like that.

Hemlock
08-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Or, it could be a bug. We've seen a handful of stuff like that in these preview videos.

Great find, though! With the T-Hex, Roostasaur, and Pack Raptor, we may see some fun theme decks.

HyenaNipples
08-28-2013, 08:50 PM
Cool find!

GrinningBuddha
08-28-2013, 10:40 PM
Or, it could be a bug. We've seen a handful of stuff like that in these preview videos.

I thought about that, but Ben didn't seem surprised that it happened, nor did he seem dismissive of it like it was a bug. It could be a very useful utility card that at worst removes troublesome creatures from graveyards and at best gets you your opponent's best dead creature, assuming the threshold isn't an issue. I don't see them removing the threshold without adjusting the cost of the card.

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-28-2013, 11:26 PM
I tended to try and play Yavimmaya Wurm in limited. Eats stuff good. Kills opponents. Trades with stuff, but you don't get too broken up about it. Pretty good value if you have a deck that will push towards that mid-game, which most limited decks will.Oh, me too, and I agree that in the majority of formats some 6 drops in a deck are playable. It's just tough to judge until the game actually comes out, as we don't know quite what speed set 1 limited will be.

However, at this point it seems like to me that, besides an archetype like fliers, it will largely be ground stalls of on-curve troops which tends to slow down the format enough to allow slightly more expensive plays.

Great find, though! With the T-Hex, Roostasaur, and Pack Raptor, we may see some fun theme decks.
The cool thing about theme decks is that they may be supported by certain equipment, like the ruby burn deck having those 3 pieces that make Overcharge, so you could actually get "tribal dinosaurs". Rawr!

Icepick
08-29-2013, 05:27 AM
Nice catch. I wonder how many other new cards are floating around in these GenCon videos that we haven't seen. What would be nice is if CZE released decent images of all the cards we're aware of so that we don't have to look at blurry video captured images. I know that they haven't technically been "revealed" by CZE yet, but the distinction is a fairly minor one at this point - I want high-def Tyrannosaurus Hex art!

Mindless
08-29-2013, 10:55 AM
So its a troop with 6/4 for 6 with crush? :P I haven't seen this in any of the databases yet the clip is 8 days old.