PDA

View Full Version : Query: Forum Games?

vickrpg
08-29-2013, 06:15 AM
I didn't see any particular rule against it in the code of conduct. What are the policies on posts in general, just for fun, to play silly post by post games? Like, Word Association or Guess the Quote games? Some other forums I have seen have a separate board for them, but a lot also keep them in general, assuming they don't get out of hand.

If they are acceptable, I believe our community would benefit from a good time waster while we wait for alpha, as forum tensions have been rather high as of late.

Shadowelf
08-29-2013, 06:50 AM
1)I feel that general discussion is the proper sub-forum for this kind of threads;

This forum is for the Hex community to discuss Hex-related topics that do not explicitly belong in one of the other sub-forums.

2)i think that they are acceptable as long as they abide the coc http://www.cryptozoic.com/coc

Of course a mod could answer this better than me ;)

Yoss
08-29-2013, 02:07 PM
"Hex-related topics" speaks for itself? We'd need a separate area for forum games, I think, unless they were very subtle ones.

On an old forum of mine, we played Assassins. I do not recall the specifics, but somehow you "killed" your target by posting either immediately before, after, or both (can't remember which). And we had some system for figuring out who your target was... Your kill posts had to be on-topic for whichever thread you were stalking, and you'd post your kill-claim elsewhere in a dedicated Assassins thread. The problem is, I don't know where we'd keep the Assassins thread...