PDA

View Full Version : Another card revealed - Time Ripple

GrinningBuddha
08-29-2013, 11:50 PM
I spotted another card that I haven't seen spoiled yet while watching the Hex twitch broadcast (http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/b/443356012) from August 9th. At 55:20 you see Time Ripple being played. Unfortunately it is never zoomed so it's next to impossible to read the card, but from what is described it appears to be a 3 cost Quick Action that returns any troop to its owner's hand and adds 1 to the casting cost. Basically, it's a Buccaneer without the meat attached to it.

Buccaneer seems much more useful since it is a 2/2 body as well, but more options for Sapphire are always good.

Also of note, Orcs get really big, really quickly due to Rage stacking ad infinitum. Check out the end of the video for an example!

Chiany
08-30-2013, 01:39 AM
It has been known for a few weeks now actually:

http://hextcg.gamepedia.com/Time_Ripple

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-30-2013, 01:48 AM
Time Ripple is also any card, meaning it can bounce pesky Artifacts and Constants.

Rycajo
08-30-2013, 09:41 AM
Time Ripple is also instant speed, right? Thus making it a combat trick or a useful card for a Draw-Go strategy.

Losing the body is unfortunate though.

GrinningBuddha
08-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Ah, didn't see it on Hex Datamine so I thought people might be interested. I'll check the wiki in the future, thanks! :)

bogycoins
08-30-2013, 01:48 PM
It's up on tcgbrowser, didn't knew about it.

AbandonAllHope
08-31-2013, 03:17 AM
Like Jason stated, that is the exact reason why I really like time ripple more than Buccaneer, because there aren't a lot of utilities to get rid of artifacts or constants, making this very useful for decks built around certain artifacts/constants (perhaps a zombie plague after letting it run for 2 turns). Or a construction plans that is about to get its 10 stacks, or soul marble. Enough examples.

Rycajo
08-31-2013, 12:30 PM
Like Jason stated, that is the exact reason why I really like time ripple more than Buccaneer, because there aren't a lot of utilities to get rid of artifacts or constants, making this very useful for decks built around certain artifacts/constants (perhaps a zombie plague after letting it run for 2 turns). Or a construction plans that is about to get its 10 stacks, or soul marble. Enough examples.

As for the effectiveness of some of these examples, we still don't know if counters/tokens placed on a card are permanent. If the counters are not permanent, Time Ripple will be almost effective against Zombie Plague as a card that could destroy a constant.

AbandonAllHope
09-02-2013, 12:10 PM
To me it seems highly unlikely that counters are permanent, otherwise it would state the wording "permanent" in its context. Otherwise it would really be use to abuse cards to utilize "counters" by for example the use of a return card returning one of your own cards back and keeping the counters without the enemy having a chance to destroy it.

Juve
09-07-2013, 09:01 AM
with time ripple, can u target cards in graveyard too ?

arastor
09-07-2013, 09:33 AM
While we haven't seen all the rules yet, I very much doubt it. Unless a card specifically allows you to target a card in the graveyard or any zone, assume that you can't.