PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Wars

FeelNFine
08-29-2013, 11:53 PM
So who remembers a little single player MMO called Adventure Quest? How is that possible you ask? Well Wars in Adventure Quest were basically community goals. They'd usually take place over a weekend, and if you entered into the war, you would fight a random encounter based on the theme of the war. If amongst all the players the target number of victories was reached, then random encounter turned into a short quest with a suitably epic Boss. Along with special drops, successfully killing the boss unlocked a shop where you could buy special stuff. Sometimes the Wars were generic ways to pass the weekend (undead uprising) and sometimes they were epic in size and success or fail would alter the storyline.

Hex already has some great War potential, including the obvious Ardent vs Underworld (instead of a goal, it would be a race. You could even do a combination war versus a common enemy, but track who is helping more), Racial wars, or recurring wars (I'm sure a certain Dwarf supervillian would love to make multipul attempts at world annihilation).

I think it could be a good community booster, has potential for guild interaction, and is a good draw for the younger players (yes, they are important too).

Anyone have their own War plots, or modifications?

Yoss
08-30-2013, 01:41 PM
Great ideas. I hope CZE can work them in later on.

FeelNFine
08-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Thanks, me too.

It would be cool if the PvP side of the game could be involved as well, especially for the Ardent vs. Underworld. The only problem would be the rewards. The promos would have to be things like alternate art cards, or deck sleeves, since if they did PvP legal promo cards they would either be A) unused and sit in your collection as a trophy no one sees or B) used, and they'll become expensive chase cards that alienate new players.

Zomnivore
08-31-2013, 04:15 PM
Sounds like one of those awesome weird single player multiplayer-in-the-background interactions like in Demon Souls.

I love those, and I think they could add a lot to the PVE and other social elements.