PDA

View Full Version : HexTCG @ DragonCon: Spoilers/Coverage/Roll Call

hex_colin
08-30-2013, 12:29 PM
Seems like it's only Gwaer and I at DragonCon. Anyone else from the forums here in Atlanta?

Anyone else providing DragonCon coverage?

I'll endeavor to post the panels, interviews, and gossip I manage to take in (http://www.thehexvault.com/blog). Speaking of which... Cory revealed that they're going to spoil cards and new information at both the PVE (Monday) and PVP (tomorrow) panels - as soon as I hear anything I'll post it here.

MMO Design 101 Panel Audio: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/30/dragoncon-2013-mmo-design-panel/
Kickstarting Videogames Panel Audio: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/31/dragoncon-2013-kickstarting-videogames-panel/
PVP Design Panel Audio & Slides: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/31/dragoncon-2013-hextcg-pvp-design-panel/
PVE Design Panel Slides (Audio SOON!): http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/09/02/dragoncon-2013-hextcg-pve-design-panel/

funktion
08-30-2013, 12:31 PM
Awesome, can't wait to hear some juicy new intel.

Shadowelf
08-30-2013, 12:32 PM
Thanks Colin; you have done an amazing job at GenCon and i can't wait to see what info you are going to dig for us :)

Xenavire
08-30-2013, 12:33 PM
Definitely looking forward to any scraps you can get hold of! Don't hold back, and feel free to record things (if allowed and possible).

We are chomping at the bit here, as is obvious by the current front page threads.

Icepick
08-30-2013, 12:56 PM
Oh nice, get lots of pics! I'm not at DragonCon or PAX, unfortunately, and if I had to chose between the 2 I would pick PAX, despite the relatively light Hex presence there.

hex_colin
08-30-2013, 01:34 PM
Not a ton of HexTCG content in this one, but a few interesting comments from Cory nonetheless - RAW & UNEDITED audio from the MMO Design 101 Panel @ DragonCon 2013: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/30/dragoncon-2013-mmo-design-panel/

Dralon
08-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Dragoncon is awesome, but this year I couldn't make it. Have a great time!

bofedy
08-30-2013, 01:56 PM
good job colin cant wait fir the info :D

Gulbech
08-30-2013, 02:14 PM
Thank you Colin, always great with a guy inside - and it seems to always be you :)

Xenavire
08-30-2013, 02:46 PM
Colin, that was VERY interesting, thanks for recording it for us. I especially found it relevant as I play WoW, am signed up for Hex (obviously) and have an interest in Elder scrolls, and I even play Diablo 3 now and then, so pretty much everything was something fascinating.

Please, if you have the patience for it, record more panels - they are easily some of the most interesting 'interviews' around.

HyenaNipples
08-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Sweet.

Rycajo
08-30-2013, 05:30 PM
I have a question Colin: Is it you that claps at about 48:28 after Cory talks about getting rid of "crystals" or other play behavior manipulating mechanics?

I appreciate the clap as I appreciate Cory's desire to avoid mechanics meant to compel people to play on the company's prescribed schedule.

ossuary
08-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Hey Colin, is there a way to save audio files from soundcloud that I'm not seeing? The speakers on my PC are crap and I want to listen to this on my mp3 player instead... do you know if you can download the file?

zadies
08-30-2013, 06:20 PM
I am in atlanta, not sure if i-'ll be at the con debating with my wife if i can afford it. Though if ppl want to do a dinner I'd be up for it.

Stok3d
08-30-2013, 11:48 PM
Colin Thank you! I'm so glad someone was able to capture this. I'm listening to it now. :)

Edit: Cory has king kong cojones. Realize he's sitting up at the top of the room with the Elder Scroll Online Game Designer, Senior Game Designer WoW, and some D3 guy. Right off the bat I hear him state that the best MMO he's played is Ultima Online and it's because it has the least game design. (Now think about what he just said and the peers he's sitting with (lol)--BRAVO CORY!!!)

I'm loving this interview so far. Great plugs in the first 10 mins so for Hex by Cory too.

Edit2: lol--Cory took another potshot at World of Warcraft at the 11:00 mark. I'll stop with my play-by-play commentary, but I'm 11 mins in so far and am loving this. TY again Colin!!!

Edit3: I lied, I'm commenting one last time. So what's the small clues being put into Hex that are going to come into fruition 3 years from now? Now he's got me wondering...

funktion
08-31-2013, 01:06 AM
Edit3: I lied, I'm commenting one last time. So what's the small clues being put into Hex that are going to come into fruition 3 years from now? Now he's got me wondering...

It's that shin'hare are real and that they live underground plotting their ascension to become our bunny overlords.

QuartZ
08-31-2013, 02:31 AM
Well, they are throwing some easter eggs here and there like the legendary equip for Chaos Key, but whats the final goal remains to be seen. I listened the first 15min of the panel, very intersting, will listen the rest later.
Thanks Colin!

ossuary
08-31-2013, 05:50 AM
I finally managed to listen to this on my laptop last night. Very very interesting material (not just the Hex stuff). Thank you Colin for getting this for us.

Two things that Cory said really jumped out at me and made me glad that I'm here and that Hex is happening. 1) making things make sense in your world by incorporating them into the story, to make the game feel more immersive and connected, especially when it comes to future content (he made a nice potshot at Blizzard here as well, with his comments about aliens from space suddenly landing on the planet to make an expansion), and 2) his talk about how interactive actions are fundamental requirements of a TCG, and really sets those kinds of games apart from cheap, money grabbing CCGs just as much as the ability to trade the cards does. That level of complexity is necessary for a long-term thriving game that holds peoples' interest.

Talk about a guy who gets it!

hex_colin
08-31-2013, 07:18 AM
Hey Colin, is there a way to save audio files from soundcloud that I'm not seeing? The speakers on my PC are crap and I want to listen to this on my mp3 player instead... do you know if you can download the file?

I think my default settings are to not allow downloads - I'll try to fix that retroactively.

Colin Thank you! I'm so glad someone was able to capture this. I'm listening to it now. :)

Edit: Cory has king kong cojones. Realize he's sitting up at the top of the room with the Elder Scroll Online Game Designer, Senior Game Designer WoW, and some D3 guy. Right off the bat I hear him state that the best MMO he's played is Ultima Online and it's because it has the least game design. (Now think about what he just said and the peers he's sitting with (lol)--BRAVO CORY!!!)

I'm loving this interview so far. Great plugs in the first 10 mins so for Hex by Cory too.

Edit2: lol--Cory took another potshot at World of Warcraft at the 11:00 mark. I'll stop with my play-by-play commentary, but I'm 11 mins in so far and am loving this. TY again Colin!!!

The best dig was the "Space Aliens" comment nearer the end of the panel - the crowd lost it, and the look on the Blizzard folks' faces was priceless. Notably though - these guys are obviously Cory's friends so it's all good-natured fun.

I'm happy to help out! I'm glad people are interested. Uploading the Kickstarting videogames panel right now. PVP panel later today - I'm going to try to do something a little bit special for that one. I just need Cory's help. Details soon...

Chiany
08-31-2013, 07:20 AM
Listening now, just 10 minutes in.
Loving Cory already even more :D

hex_colin
08-31-2013, 07:38 AM
The "Kickstarting Videogames" panel is uploaded: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/31/dragoncon-2013-kickstarting-videogames-panel/

Enjoy!

zadies
08-31-2013, 07:56 AM
Colin you are AWESOME now the only thing I am missing from dragon con is actually meeting people. There will be enough costume pics on face book to make up for not being able to people watch.

Stok3d
08-31-2013, 07:58 AM
Colin you are AWESOME now the only thing I am missing from dragon con is actually meeting people. There will be enough costume pics on face book to make up for not being able to people watch.

I'll second this. I feel like Colin just slipped me in to these panels without having to pay. Thanks bud--owe you one. I'm really grateful I'm not missing this. :)

The_Wine_Gnat
08-31-2013, 08:13 AM
I'll second this. I feel like Colin just slipped me in to these panels without having to pay. Thanks bud--owe you one. I'm really grateful I'm not missing this. :)

Second this. Awesome job Colin.

bofedy
08-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Just listened to both of your panels thanks for puting it up

Daer
08-31-2013, 08:50 AM
Yeah Colin is doing an amazing job.

Shrennan
08-31-2013, 09:07 AM
Thank you Colin! I'm really enjoying these panels, the CZE team just has so much awesome personality. Also, really, really looking forward to the PVP panel and the PVE panel even more so. Which is funny because I'm most excited about PVP as it is a TCG game but I prefer the PVE game in MMOs and if Cory says the PVE will blow people's minds then I am inclined to believe him.

saffamike
08-31-2013, 09:20 AM
I know this has probably getting old, but 'Thanks Colin!'. Just kidding!

Loving these recordings.

Gorgol
08-31-2013, 09:44 AM
these are amazing listens! Thank you Colin!

felmare
08-31-2013, 09:55 AM
colin you need one of the cool bit images for the bookmark of hexvault :D

Gwaer
08-31-2013, 01:43 PM
Packs are generated on open. To simulate buying a box you need to open them at the same time rather than buy them at the same time.

zadies
08-31-2013, 01:49 PM
Will they let you stipulate open 100 packs at once and you get in theory the next 100 packs that come off the press or do you have to open them fast individually and hope no one else is opening them at the same time?

Shrennan
08-31-2013, 02:02 PM
Packs are generated on open. To simulate buying a box you need to open them at the same time rather than buy them at the same time.

So I guess that means no limits to the cards of a set? At least in terms of the first, second, third print runs? I just hope rarity and value of cards are maintained.

hex_colin
08-31-2013, 03:04 PM
Will they let you stipulate open 100 packs at once and you get in theory the next 100 packs that come off the press or do you have to open them fast individually and hope no one else is opening them at the same time?

It'll be on the PVP Panel audio... But, basically, if you choose to open 100 packs they'll all be grabbed from the hopper at the moment and it'll be like opening 100 sequential packs (~3 traditional boxes).

Gwaer
08-31-2013, 03:07 PM
You can listen to the full audio of me asking the follow up question about buying a box when Colin posts it a bit later. But what I took away from it is that you can mark to open many packs at once. Also they can maintain absolute control over card distribution. So that a common never becomes rare through a statistical quirk or vice versa.

hammer
08-31-2013, 03:10 PM
Print runs can surely be exploited in a digital environment. If you know the rare print runs you can watch draft replays know where you are at in the run and time your opening of packs for when you know an expensive card is coming up. Seems exploitable to me anyone else concerned?

Shadowelf
08-31-2013, 03:17 PM
You can listen to the full audio of me asking the follow up question about buying a box when Colin posts it a bit later. But what I took away from it is that you can mark to open many packs at once. Also they can maintain absolute control over card distribution. So that a common never becomes rare through a statistical quirk or vice versa.

Youy know that was in my mind after i read what you said about box simulation; if there will be a 'open all' option. Glad to hear this will be the case. Opening packs is excting but grows old very quick; most of the time nowdays, i skip the rest of the pack in favor of the rare

zadies
08-31-2013, 03:17 PM
Not really because you don't know how many packs were opened while you were drafting.

Decided to come down to the con to have some drinks with some of my wife's friends I'm going to be at gibney's pub for the next few hours.

Shrennan
08-31-2013, 03:21 PM

I'll definitely be listening to that audio! Anyway, as long as CZE maintains control over card distribution so card value is maintained then I don't care how they go about packs being opened. =P

hex_colin
08-31-2013, 05:09 PM
I just posted a blog entry about the DragonCon 2013 HexTCG PVP Design panel featured Cory Jones (President & CCO, Cryptozoic), Ben Stoll (Game Designer [PVP Lead], Cryptozoic), and Chris Woods (Magical Creature, Cryptozoic). You'll find quite a few card spoilers, and lots of new info about CZE's plan for the game, including the news that Alpha will last for "months" before it switches to Beta (rather than the oft-repeated "3 weeks" comment that Cory made during the Kickstarter).

You can also see all of the slides (thanks, Cory!) Cory and Ben talked to in the slideshow above the blog entry - they are displayed in the correct order starting with the HexTCG Key Art slide and ending with the HexTCG logo. Sometime tomorrow I'll upload a video to YouTube marrying the audio and the pictures to make it even easier to follow along (and post a link here).

Here is the link: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/31/dragoncon-2013-hextcg-pvp-design-panel/

Mr.Funsocks
08-31-2013, 05:31 PM
<3 Colin

Xenavire
08-31-2013, 05:34 PM
Wow, so many cards spoiled! New socketable cards, (finally diamond has one to compare with) and all sorts of legendaries spoiled too. Incredible, now we need a new thread to go discuss all the awesome.

Oh, and more thanks Colin, you deserve it.

Icepick
08-31-2013, 06:08 PM
Holy hell, some of the cards on those slides are incredible. Nice job, Colin!

Xenavire
08-31-2013, 06:23 PM
Holy hell, some of the cards on those slides are incredible. Nice job, Colin!

No kidding, I especially like the Ancient Sentinal - somehow it speaks casual, yet could work in constructed under the right circumstances. The the affinity for dwarfs and artifacts Pterrobot seems fairly insane for a common, you could basically drop it for free on turn 4/5 with some draw support and cheap dwarves and artifacts. Sure it isn't a win condition, but it already has alot of synergy.

And the Incantation of fear! Zombie plague has a serious competitor (as I think from the wording on Zombie plague that they would not actually work together.) Same cost, similar idea, and arguably better for aggro (since you can get away with trading more often.)

Funny how a few spoiled cards can have me even more hyped when I thought I was already at the maximum possible hype. We need a meme for that, along the lines of Hex being a hype machine.

Armies
08-31-2013, 06:24 PM
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27314&p=290436#post290436
new thread for discussing the newly spoiled cards along with their approximate text, if anyone can read them better then I just let me know I will make the adjustments

Icepick
08-31-2013, 06:43 PM
A nice little bonus is that we can also see the standard art for Princess Victoria and Extinction in there too. I much prefer the standard Extinction to the alternate art from the Kickstarter.

Xenavire
08-31-2013, 06:47 PM
A nice little bonus is that we can also see the standard art for Princess Victoria and Extinction in there too. I much prefer the standard Extinction to the alternate art from the Kickstarter.

I spent the whole time looking at them thinking that exact same thing. I will probably collect a playset of AA extinction, just because I love that kind of card and it could be fun to swap my art around sometimes, but I will probably stick with the standard art for the most part.

firedancer27
08-31-2013, 07:20 PM
This type of coverage is why I love the internet......thanks Colin!!!!!!!

ossuary
08-31-2013, 08:00 PM
We need a CSI team to magically zoom and enhance those slides to get a better look at the spoiled cards. ;)

ossuary
08-31-2013, 08:54 PM
Oh man, listening to that latest audio stream from the PVP panel, I am even more excited than ever to see the AI first hand. I didn't know he actually had a masters degree in an AI-focused field. I need to sit down in a room with that guy and just talk robots and AI for, like, ten hours. :)

hammer
09-01-2013, 12:25 AM
Colin THANK YOU so much - I have listened to all the recorded panels and it has been an awesome few hours of entertainment. I am so grateful that you are part of the hex community and willing and able to bring us this content.

Gwaer
09-01-2013, 12:30 AM
There's one more PVE centered panel at noon on Monday, if you guys pm me some questions ill pick the best one (to me) and try to get it answered.

hex_colin
09-01-2013, 12:35 AM
There's one more PVE centered panel at noon on Monday, if you guys pm me some questions ill pick the best one (to me) and try to get it answered.

And Gwaer has kindly offered to record the session for me (since I need to work :() - I'll upload it with the PVE slides as soon as I can after the session...

bofedy
09-01-2013, 01:00 AM
LMAO can you talk about wow tcg and hearthstone ......cory? .....NO.

so meny funny thing in the pvp panel

Kroan
09-01-2013, 11:17 AM
On the PvP Panel they showed some cards, as you can see on hexvault, I notice there is a number and "Shards"(?) now at the bottom of the cards. Is that the setname + collector's number?

Shrennan
09-01-2013, 11:34 AM
On the PvP Panel they showed some cards, as you can see on hexvault, I notice there is a number and "Shards"(?) now at the bottom of the cards. Is that the setname + collector's number?

For some reason, I thought the first set was just called "Shards of Fate" but I'm not sure where I got that idea. If that actually is the case, then your assumption would make sense.

Gwaer
09-01-2013, 02:36 PM
Hex shards of fate is the name of the game. But shards of fate may also be the name of the first set.

wurtil
09-01-2013, 02:51 PM
So I can draft Shards of Fate in Shards of Fate of Shards of Fate?

Mahes
09-01-2013, 03:04 PM
By Shards of fate with Shards of fate...yes.

Shrennan
09-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Hex shards of fate is the name of the game. But shards of fate may also be the name of the first set.

Yeah, I realized that, which is why I was kinda iffy on the first set being called "Shards of Fate" like I had heard. I'm not sure if that's the best set name for an origin set. In fact, it may have simply been easy to just make "Origins" a first set and then branch out from there. Or perhaps even just have "Shards" rather than the entire "Shards of Fate" title as a set name. Since Shards of Fate is in the title of the actual game, I hope that the first set name really encapsulates the beginning of the war between the two factions and the Hex shards that have given people new powers.

hex_colin
09-02-2013, 09:30 AM
PVE Design Panel Slides (Audio SOON!)

The DragonCon 2013 HexTCG PVE Design panel featuring Cory Jones (President & CCO, Cryptozoic), Chris Woods (Magical Creature, Cryptozoic), and Ben Stoll (Game Designer, Cryptozoic) just ended. Once I have the recording (thanks, Gwaer!), I’ll post the audio from the panel to SoundCloud (check back for a link!). You’ll find quite a few PVE card spoilers (dungeon [Arena of Souls, Information Control] and raid [Vengeful Figment, Ruby Golem, Voodoo Doll, Gront's Favorite Pet]), a walkthrough of the plans for the “Junkyard Dog” dungeon, information about “Pudgington Hallow”, a spirited Q&A session, and much more!

In the meantime, you can see all of the slides (thanks, Cory!) Cory and Chris talked to in the slideshow above the blog entry – they are displayed in the correct order starting with the HexTCG Key Art slide and ending with the HexTCG logo. Notably, compared to the PVP panel slides these are much less easier to follow without the context of the panel audio – I’ll get the audio uploaded as soon as I can, but I wanted everyone to be able to see the cards and equipment ASAP. A day or two later I’ll upload a video to YouTube marrying the audio and the presentation to make it even easier to follow along.

Here's the link: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/09/02/dragoncon-2013-hextcg-pve-design-panel/

MoikPEI
09-02-2013, 09:35 AM
Dat Entrath Overmap.
Dem Cityscapes.
Craving some PvE now.

Mr.Funsocks
09-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Gront's Favorite Pet. I want 4.

Stok3d
09-02-2013, 10:20 AM
Keeping this here so it doesn't get lost:

Here is a complete info breakdown with time markers. Also posted at the FAQ (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26987)

TheHexVault.com: Dragoncon 2013 - HexTCG PVP Design Panel (http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/31/dragoncon-2013-hextcg-pvp-design-panel/)

0:00:50 No 3D World
0:01:45 AIDA
0:05:35 Sets Balanced Around Draft
0:12:38 Set1
0:24:55 Shard of Fate
0:28:40 Gem Socketing
0:31:15 Transformation
0:36:05 Alpha end of September
0:36:10 4x every card in Alpha
0:36:32 Beta Several Months After Alpha
0:39:05 Policy/Plans of Banning/Nerfing
0:41:15 Emulating Print Sheets
0:42:00 Boxes-RNG
0:43:50 Differences With MTG (Resource System)
0:48:00 Tournaments (Hobby Retailers)
0:55:50 Security
0:58:35 Tablets

Also slides, lots of spoiled cards and in addition very important info like Alpha access will be granted in phases

Stok3d
09-02-2013, 11:25 AM

Gwaer
09-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Lots of juicy tidbit in the PVE panel. I got Chris Woods to answer some forum questions afterwards as well. I just have to get the audio to Colin.

hex_colin
09-02-2013, 02:13 PM
Lots of juicy tidbit in the PVE panel. I got Chris Woods to answer some forum questions afterwards as well. I just have to get the audio to Colin.

Excellent news! Thanks, Gwaer!

Wish I could have been there - damn job!!!

bofedy
09-02-2013, 02:28 PM
did you ask my question gwaer?

hex_colin
09-02-2013, 02:54 PM
Uploaded the video that combines the PVP Design Panel slides with the audio: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/09/02/dragoncon-2013-hextcg-pvp-design-panel-youtube/

I'm not completely happy with the picture quality. Let's see if YouTube's processing improves it, otherwise I'll cut it into a few smaller sections and upload them separately.

As part of the same blog entry I added higher resolution images of the slides to the slide show that runs above the post. The cards are MUCH clearer.

Skirovik
09-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Colin, thank you so much for all of this.

I must say I giggled so much looking at some of those PVE cards. Gront's Favourite Pet? Just wow...! :D

The maps and things got me excited too! Though I'm really lost on the Pudgington Hallow slides. Why is everyone disappearing?! Really need some context (i.e. audio) to make sense of that one, lol.

Argh, all these panels and slides and spoilers are making me super excited for this game but... still 4 weeks away. :(

ossuary
09-02-2013, 08:00 PM
I believe that may be the murder mystery dungeon... we'll need the audio to confirm (he DID say that the PVE slides didn't make much sense without the accompanying audio... ;)).

Gwaer
09-02-2013, 08:20 PM
The guys disappearing are the ones the windigo killed each night. It's a ware wolfesque dungeon.

hex_colin
09-02-2013, 08:44 PM
The guys disappearing are the ones the windigo killed each night. It's a ware wolfesque dungeon.

And the quicker you find the killer, the better your reward is... :)

The PVE panel audio should be posted in a couple of hours or so.

hex_colin
09-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Added the audio for the PVE Design Panel: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/09/02/dragoncon-2013-hextcg-pve-design-panel/

Enjoy!

Sometime tomorrow I'll also post an interview with Chris Woods where he answers the forum questions Gwaer collected. Thanks, Gwaer!

Dralon
09-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Thanks again Colin, for helping us gain access to the audio and slides from these events. Thanks Gwaer as well for your contributions. And thanks to the Hex team for being so cooperative. Ok, just thanks all around! Let the Hex love virus continue to spread :)

I made sure to link to your page on my Hex news update (http://www.utopianchaos.com/hex-update-august-30th/)on Friday!

havocattack
09-02-2013, 10:54 PM
Thanks guys! Appreciate the work you guys have done for the community :) Listening to pve panel now :D

havocattack
09-02-2013, 11:37 PM
Great listen, so excited :D

bofedy
09-03-2013, 04:06 AM
Wow 400+ boss cards only to use. I like that raids you need to work together :) the phatom card thing sounds cool hope they do it and colin thanks for update i refreshed your websit like 30 times waiting for this to come out :P

Khazrakh
09-03-2013, 06:02 AM
Thanks a lot for all the work you put into the coverage colin, really appreciated!

ossuary
09-03-2013, 06:21 AM
Oh man... a raid based on Cthulu, where the players go MAD? I love this frickin' game. :)

hex_colin
09-03-2013, 07:12 AM
Just posted Gwaer's interview (to answer the forum's questions) with Chris Woods: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/09/03/dragoncon-2013-interview-with-chris-woods-magical-creature/

Ozweego
09-03-2013, 08:19 AM
Hey Guys,

I was also at the panels and talked with Cory and the guys quite a bit. Had a blast with everyone from Cryptozioic and it was good to meet you Colin and Gwaer.

I asked Cory about hybrid races, aka the lovechild Vennen/Shin'hare hybrid. And we all know how many people have a rabbit fetish and so far no plans for that.

Also he mentioned they cut two races (no idea what they are) and we can expect to see them in future sets.

He also wasn't into putting in space turtles, but I was really hoping to have the Xxcha show up in HEX. Cory made a salient point about too many anthropomorphic races.

Cheers

NoahBuddy
09-03-2013, 08:39 AM
thank you so much Colin and Gwaer. really interesting panels. i am so excited for this game.

in the PVE audio did cory say there will be faction specific guilds? I hope i misunderstood or that he meant guilds that your champs are in instead of player guilds.

Gwaer
09-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Nope, my mistake.

mainstager
09-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Just seeing this. I was at the KS and PvP panels. Enjoyed it a bunch and it was really cool getting to meet the team and take a picture with Cory.

Shout out to Gwaer! Nice meeting you, buddy!

Shadowelf
09-03-2013, 01:17 PM
Hex_Colin's audio from pve design panel at DragonCon (thanks Colin and Gwaer:) )

TheHexVault.com: Dragoncon 2013 - HexTCG PVE Design Panel (http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/09/02/dragoncon-2013-hextcg-pve-design-panel/)

0:01:50 Interface of PVE (Junkyard Dungeon)
0:06:45 Dungeon Rewards
0:07:05 PVE Set of Cards
0:10:05 PVE/PVP Format
0:10:48 Verdingo Hunt Dungeon
0:12:48 Dungeon That Feels Like Draft
0:13:18 Raids
0:13:48 10-11x Raids At This Point
0:15:25 Raid Rewards
0:16:30 72x Raid Rewards
0:17:30 Assigning Roles in Raids
0:18:00 Raids 3 Stage Format
0:19:50 Equipment System
0:21:50 Rarity of Equipment
0:22:47 Equipment Will be Affecting All Copies of a Card
0:23:02 Equipment Sets and Set Bonuses
0:26:10 Mercenaries and Champions
0:30:50 World's Interface
0:33:00 Faction's Interaction
0:34:10 Raid's Rewards
0:35:28 Keeps
0:36:30 Can I Respec My Champion?
0:37:20 Daily Quests
0:39:15 Phantom Versions of Cards
0:40:11 Interaction Between Players in Raids
0:41:55 PVP/PVE Cards
0:42:25 Doubleback System
0:45:30 Dual-Specs
0:46:10 Griefers
0:48:45 AI-Reoccuring Villains
0:50:50 Can I Save and Name Decks?
0:51:20 PVE Expansion Policy
0:56:20 Sideboarding Between Dungeons/Raids
0:57:18 Economy
0:59:15 Does PVE Scale With Starters?

Also to be posted at the FAQ http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26987

Enjoy :)

Gwaer
09-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Please don't call that format 'wild west' that's such a terrible name.

Shadowelf
09-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Please don't call that format 'wild west' that's such a terrible name.

Indeed ; how should i name it ?

Also haven't realized that it was you that did the recording. Great job and many thanks :)

wurtil
09-03-2013, 02:30 PM
I hear Shards of Fate is an underused name...

Gwaer
09-03-2013, 02:44 PM
Anything goes. PVP-PVE, whatever Cory described it as? PVEVP PVEP...

knightofeffect
09-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Hey guys, I was there, sorry I didn't introduce myself at the panels, but it was a very busy (and exhausting) Dragoncon. I did get a couple of opportunities to talk with Cory and Ben, I could already tell they were pretty cool guys from the streams and whatnot, but it was just awesome to be able to talk with them casually about the con and the game.

I thought both panels were pretty awesome and constantly find myself getting more and more excited about the PvE experience, wish I'd taken the time to pick Chris's mind a little bit, I really enjoyed his no BS delivery.

Thanks so much for taking the time to record and present all the information from the panels, I almost felt obligated to do it myself (poorly I'm sure) once I noticed all the unspoiled cards and information we were getting, but I knew you guys would do a bang-up job. (also, I'm all lazy party mode at Dragoncon)

One of my favorite memories from DC was bumping into Ben in what seemed like every other major concert event in the Hyatt and Marriott out of a sea of people despite his... vertical identification challenges.

PS - For post-introduction sake, I was the guy with the physical trading question, bumped into you guys at the pulse lounge, and walked up to say hey to Ben right before the Monday Panel.

To chime in: Personally I like Wild West, but PEvPE (EvE for short, could be phonetic like the space MMO) or WvW (shameless GW2 steal) could work too =P

Shadowelf
09-03-2013, 06:03 PM
To chime in: Personally I like Wild West, but PEvPE (EvE for short, could be phonetic like the space MMO) or WvW (shameless GW2 steal) could work too =P

All cool ideas, but you aren't helping; now i don't know which one to choose ;)

hex_colin
09-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Thanks so much for taking the time to record and present all the information from the panels, I almost felt obligated to do it myself (poorly I'm sure) once I noticed all the unspoiled cards and information we were getting, but I knew you guys would do a bang-up job. (also, I'm all lazy party mode at Dragoncon)

Happy to help out. And, yeah, once it became clear just how many cards were going to be spoiled, I made it my mission to get the actual slides. Luckily, and as usual, Cory was very accommodating and was happy to share them with the broader community.

One of my favorite memories from DC was bumping into Ben in what seemed like every other major concert event in the Hyatt and Marriott out of a sea of people despite his... vertical identification challenges.

I think his vertical identification challenges actually make him easier to pick out of a crowd sometimes. :) I had no problem keeping track of him at the Saturday night concert until I got distracted by R2D2 and Pris. A bit of trivia... I promised I wouldn't post any pictures from Pulse (and later in the evening), however, I just had to use the unintentional selfie Chris took with my phone while he was trying (unsuccessfully) to get a picture of myself and Pris on his interview blog entry.

PS - For post-introduction sake, I was the guy with the physical trading question, bumped into you guys at the pulse lounge, and walked up to say hey to Ben right before the Monday Panel.

I vaguely remember you from Pulse. Notably, I only vaguely remember everything after leaving dinner, up to, and including, my mad dash from some DragonCon party to my hotel and then straight to the airport. Lesson learned - more party time next year, less leaving 2 days early for work...

knightofeffect
09-03-2013, 06:55 PM
I vaguely remember you from Pulse. Notably, I only vaguely remember everything after leaving dinner, up to, and including, my mad dash from some DragonCon party to my hotel and then straight to the airport. Lesson learned - more party time next year, less leaving 2 days early for work...

Haha yea, most of it was pretty much completely a blur for me as usual (especially Friday). Its amazing how partying till 5am while consuming alcohol for 7 straight hours for several days in a row can make things seem.. surreal. But hey, Dragoncon itself is pretty damn surreal, one of its best defining attributes I think =).

funktion
09-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Thanks a bunch Gwaer for getting that quick interview with Chris. Personally I hadn't been all that interested in PvE until I heard Chris talking about it at GenCon, guess that really I hadn't given it much thought yet. Listening to the panel and your interview has actually got me pretty pumped up about it.

Gwaer
09-03-2013, 07:31 PM
PVE sounds freaking amazing. I'm so incredibly excited for everything about this game. I'm just worried there won't be enough time in the day to hunt QP's and PVE. =(