PDA

View Full Version : Kickstarter Article 44 Live

hammer
08-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Kickstarter Article 44 is live with more on foil and extended arts with a new card spoiled in the video ;)

Looks like a massive 8/8 with crush for 5. Attacks each turn if able, and can be ready for 8 health. Seems too good if true.

Vengus
08-30-2013, 01:06 PM
That artifact is freaking insane, 8/8 with crush for 5? That thing is like a Tarasque for all non ruby decks. Imagine what you could pull off with that thing in an artifact deck. Reduce the cost with the Dwarf, Dopplegadget, Ready it with dwarven Turbine, etc.

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-30-2013, 01:11 PM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q225/jaxson_bateman/DroosUnstoppableWalker.png
With the current wording, going from MTG rules, it certainly sounds like that it's an 8/8 crush, attacks each turn if able, and has a static ability that grants an activated ability if its exhausted (that is, to pay 8 mana to ready it).

I hope their intent is that the only way to ready it is to pay 8 mana (ie. it gets an ability like "this troop doesn't ready at the start of your turn"), because an 8/8 crush for 5 who's only drawback is that it has to attack each turn (because you totally wouldn't be choosing to do that with such a goliath) is arguably way too good.

the_artic_one
The fact that it has an ability that readies it makes me think it's supposed to not ready during your ready step (the text is clearly bugged as it repeats "this troop must attack each turn if able").

Shadowelf
EAs sure look sweet, almost as much as the puppy party :)

hammer
08-30-2013, 01:15 PM
EAs sure look sweet, almost as much as the puppy party :)

If anyone wants to see more extended arts I wrote an article here http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/26/hextcg-extended-art-redux-future-possibilities/

It include 30 Hex cards mocked-up with their appropriate extended art for your viewing pleasure!

Shadowelf
08-30-2013, 01:20 PM
If anyone wants to see more extended arts I wrote an article here http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/26/hextcg-extended-art-redux-future-possibilities/

It include 30 Hex cards mocked-up with their appropriate extended art for your viewing pleasure!

Already did Hammer, good job on those :)

the_artic_one
08-30-2013, 01:28 PM
I hope their intent is that the only way to ready it is to pay 8 mana

Look again, it says 8 health.

Captain_Obvious
08-30-2013, 01:31 PM
Plus the white symbol reads BASIC, so it is a basic action activated ability that can only be done during your main phases. This leads me to believe that this is meant to say "Does not ready during your prep phase" instead of saying must attack twice.

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-30-2013, 01:32 PM
Look again, it says 8 health.
Yup, when I uploaded a local pic to the forums they shrunk it, making it harder to read (and I thought I had read mana when I first saw it, so didn't realise I was wrong). Yep, it's certainly 8 health, which makes the card a lot more viable.

Vengus
08-30-2013, 01:34 PM
That's possible, wouldn't make him any worse in an artifact deck though if you play Dwarven Turbine. :P

Gulbech
08-30-2013, 02:12 PM
In a fun deck, this could be gret with Replicator's gambit. If you find it in your deck again, say hello to 5 8/8, for 5 mana :P and then you dont have to worry about untapping it.

bofedy
08-30-2013, 02:16 PM
Replicator's gambit should win you most games when used on most cards

Gulbech
08-30-2013, 02:19 PM
That is true, but just looks better with 5 8/8 guys :) - but then again, i dont think it will be a viable strategy outside fun games.

BongoBong
08-30-2013, 02:48 PM

The extended art looks great, the cards look way better when its shown. Thanks for posting all those examples!

The UI part didn't look all that great to me at this point (assuming its a big work in progress). In general it didn't really pop, and the fact there didn't seem to be a cursor except when an attack/block was selected (and even that jumped around to start) was a bit odd visually. Seems to be moving in a good direction though so hopefully it looks great by the end!