PDA

View Full Version : Droo's Unstoppable Walker

GrinningBuddha
08-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Now this is a card that I assume will get changed before release.

5 cost artifact troop - 8/8 with Crush.
Must attack each turn if able.
When exhausted, pay 8 life to ready this troop.

That is all the text we can see on the card. Normally a creature like this doesn't ready each turn automatically and I'm going with the assumption that that text just didn't fit on the card. If that stipulation isn't there, this card is ridiculously overpowered.

See it in the new Kickstarter update video (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts/584925).

jaxsonbatemanhex
08-30-2013, 01:28 PM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q225/jaxson_bateman/DroosUnstoppableWalker.png
We're pretty sure it's intent is that it doesn't ready normally, but yeah, as written from a Magic rules point of view it would, which would make it far too good.

Even with that drawback though, an 8/8 crush for 5 that untaps without mana can't be ignored, though it's by no means an auto-include given the hefty life payment.

Estar1
08-30-2013, 03:15 PM
Works great with Dwarven Turbine, http://www.hex-datamine.com/cards/Shield-Trainer/116 or the champion that gives steadfast to troops for that turn.

FeelNFine
08-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Or Inspire it with Steadfast. I could certainly see this being the bomb in a SD (UW) control deck.

AbandonAllHope
08-31-2013, 03:16 AM
It works wonders in inspire deck, perhaps RD, where he gets either lifedrain or steadfast, because with lifedrain you would gain the 8 life to untap him again. Dimmid/OneEyeOpen champions work as well. Interesting card.

The_Wine_Gnat
09-17-2013, 11:53 AM
When you play him, he enters exhausted correct? The next turn do you have to pay the 8 life to ready him to attack?

vulture27
09-17-2013, 12:27 PM
When you play him, he enters exhausted correct? The next turn do you have to pay the 8 life to ready him to attack?

This appears to be the current version of the card. It does not come into play exhausted, so you get at least one attack out of it even if you cant pay the life.

http://www.hex-datamine.com/cards/Droo-s-unstoppable-Walker/309

jaxsonbatemanhex
09-17-2013, 09:35 PM
The card is insanely good with diamond. Even champions alone make him way above curve with virtually no drawback. Dimmid gives him lifedrain so that his attack pays for his untap, and One-Eye Open gives him steadfast so that he doesn't have to tap (Dimmid also seems like one of the better champions overall, which is another plus). You could also include Princess Victoria and/or Shield Trainer, though I wouldn't rate either of those cards good enough just for the Walker when the champs can enable him just fine.

The_Wine_Gnat
09-18-2013, 09:47 AM
This appears to be the current version of the card. It does not come into play exhausted, so you get at least one attack out of it even if you cant pay the life.

http://www.hex-datamine.com/cards/Droo-s-unstoppable-Walker/309

Ha, you're right! I'm so new to TCG's that I thought summoning sickness was the same as being "tapped". Meaning when you play a card, it's exhuasted. I think it only means you can't attack right away (unless it has Speed) when you play it correct? If that's the case, this card at a minimum is a 5 cost attack spell if you choose to not pay the HP penalty.

vulture27
09-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Ha, you're right! I'm so new to TCG's that I thought summoning sickness was the same as being "tapped". Meaning when you play a card, it's exhuasted. I think it only means you can't attack right away (unless it has Speed) when you play it correct? If that's the case, this card at a minimum is a 5 cost attack spell if you choose to not pay the HP penalty.

Correct.

Aradon
09-18-2013, 02:50 PM
A troop has troop trauma / summoning sickness if it hasn't been under your control continuously since the beginning of your turn. You cannot attack with a troop with troop trauma. You also cannot activate an ability with an exhaust symbol in the cost of the troop-trauma'd troop.

Hemotherapy
09-24-2013, 08:09 AM
using him in RD inspire deck would be beastly.

Steadfest + Speed ERMAGHERD

Rycajo
09-27-2013, 11:21 AM
using him in RD inspire deck would be beastly.

Steadfest + Speed ERMAGHERD

This is a very good point. If the Walker doesn't exhaust to attack, it becomes much better.

Aradon
09-27-2013, 12:05 PM
On a similar note, Dwarven Turbine will untap him for just 1. Probably not worth running the turbine just for the walker, but if you have multiple uses for the turbine, it's not a bad combo.

jaxsonbatemanhex
09-27-2013, 07:57 PM
To be fair, we were talking about steadfast/lifedrain on page 1 - while speed's good; speed's good on virtually everything (I mean so is lifedrain and steadfast, but they don't power up other troops the way they power up the Walker). :-P

Aradon's quite right with the Turbine comment - you wouldn't run Turbine just to get a cheap untap, but if you're running it anyway then they synergise well. If you were to get walker P1P1, Turbine's do go up in value, though they'd never be an autopick.

MoonSohn
09-28-2013, 08:10 PM
Considering how many dwarven decks are artifact driven, I look forward to my very own ATAT Walker powered by dwarven turbines, and a Pterobot flying over for aerial superiority. I also believe there is a card called "Dopplegadget" that would allow you to bring forth many of these bad boys. JOIN THE ROBOTIC REVOLUTION!