PDA

View Full Version : UI Updates

Shaqattaq
08-30-2013, 04:56 PM
In this video, you’ll find updated cursors for targeting, blocking. You’ll also see the extended art card frame, foils, and a few card spoilers along the way.

http://hextcg.com/ui-updates/

MastrFett
08-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Love the new updates to the UI. Now just waiting until I can try them!

The_Wine_Gnat
08-30-2013, 08:34 PM
Hmm, didn't notice the foils. Need to watch this again (5th time!). Love the extended art and crisp animations. Looks pretty responsive.

hitchslap88
08-30-2013, 09:47 PM
I feel like the deep red they chose for the shield and reticle icons is a bit hard to see.

Dropbear
08-31-2013, 12:04 AM
Foils are underwhelming. Ramp up the glow to make it visible on the battlefield... or maybe make it glow it's resource's colour (purple, blue, white, red, green, gold)?

Rest looks perfect though! :D

Xarek
08-31-2013, 12:50 AM
Foils are underwhelming. Ramp up the glow to make it visible on the battlefield... or maybe make it glow it's resource's colour (purple, blue, white, red, green, gold)?

Rest looks perfect though! :D

Which cards are foils? I've watched it several times and still can't tell!

Edit: Nevermind I've got it, it's the glowing effect. I expected something different - either a more standout rainbow pattern, or at least including the borders of the card into the effect as well.

FeelNFine
08-31-2013, 01:28 AM
The foils seemed too intuitive, it also took me a couple watches to notice, but once I did I couldn't believe I missed that. Instead of the field version being a small rotating gold dot, I think a low pulsating aura might draw more attention without being too gaudy. I certainly like Dropbear's idea of making the color related to the card.

Vorsa
08-31-2013, 03:05 AM
I'm very happy with the foils, personally - I always turned them off in MtG:DotP, because are they are just so gaudy.

Much prefer animated 'highlights' to having the whole card shimmering - extended art still the biggest draw for me though; going to enjoy that pretty much every action contributes to levelling-up cards bit-by-bit. :cool:

Shadowelf
08-31-2013, 04:27 AM
Love the EAs and the updated cursors for targetting and blocking. I feel that foils still need work though; you have to look hard to recognize one and even then the effect doesn't look foily but blurry

Aradon
08-31-2013, 08:52 AM
I love the foils, actually. I was planning on turning them off, but they seemed really well implemented, to me. I hope they remain as they are, subtle but enhancing.

I don't know what I was expecting for the extended-art, but this was somehow off the mark for me. Not sure why. I'll get used to it, though. Maybe I was expecting the transparent text-box, rather than a cramped one at the bottom.

DrakarT
08-31-2013, 11:15 AM
The extended art seem pretty cool, reminds me of those lands on MtG that were epic!
The only thing that i dont like is the sound when your turn begins(at 1:01) ...it sounds.. a little out of context

Zomnivore
08-31-2013, 03:13 PM
Ya, sound design could use some work, obviously its probably the after thought.

I think the lame number denoting the threshold doesn't jive well when on the cards you get the specific amount of threshold required denoted by a visual amount of w/e color.

The expanded art is fine imo.

The symbols for the phase feel really uninformative you've got a lot of space to the right to work with and the edges to avoid covering them up.Also why are they static symbols in a digital format? Obviously the color shift is nice to tell you when its that turn, but an animated symbol can tell your more information about what that phase means.

Niedar
08-31-2013, 04:07 PM
You are going to have trouble seeing foils because of the scaling and compression artifacts of the 480p video. I have no clue why we could not get a 1080p youtube video.

teasel
09-01-2013, 11:04 AM
unlocking extended art should give you the full blown artwork to put into some gallery thing instead of just removing the text of the card

Mathaw
09-03-2013, 10:08 AM
I think the lame number denoting the threshold doesn't jive well when on the cards you get the specific amount of threshold required denoted by a visual amount of w/e color.

I thought that was odd, lacks consistency. Pick one and run with it I say.

jetah
09-09-2013, 05:38 AM
Uh... which one(s) were foil? I haven't played any card game like HEX so I'm not sure what I'm looking for.

Daer
09-09-2013, 09:24 AM
All of them were foil, the foil effect is just the glowing on the card artwork itself.

Too bad we couldn't get a 1080p version of the video.