PDA

View Full Version : Threshold Podcast Perhexing Puzzle #004 : Life After Death

OutlandishMatt
08-30-2013, 05:31 PM
http://www.thresholdpodcast.com/perhexing-puzzle-004-life-after-death/

I've stepped up my game on this one I think and made it pretty complex?

Matt

Eierdotter
09-02-2013, 06:04 AM
quite obvious what to do here, but i am not very confident that Bone Warrior works that way. If they do, there are some hilarious combos possible.

Icepick
09-02-2013, 06:18 AM
Yeah I didn't actually solve this one yet because the only "solution" I've found so far involved doing things that don't actually work.

Edit: Just realised I didn't even have all the information. In the future, it might be useful if you included all the relevant details on the actual puzzle page - I only just realised that this is supposed to be taking place during the opponent's attack. I assumed it was just at the start of my own turn.

Kroan
09-02-2013, 06:49 AM
The solution depends on whether transforming the skeleton will remove it from combat or not. Matt said in an email that he'll try to see if he can get an answer on this from CZE. However he also said that it should be possible to solve this even if the skeleton is not removed from combat (I couldn't find that solution however)

Eierdotter
09-02-2013, 01:39 PM
i struggel with the term sacrificing...
from my understanding sacrificing something means i put it from the battlefield into the graveyard.
sacrifice is not the same as dying.

if you block a creature and you somehow remove your creature from the blocking line before the damage is dealt, the "before" blocked enemy creature deals no damage (as long as it has no crush). i am pretty shure that was confirmed in a few streams.

Kroan
09-02-2013, 02:20 PM
from my understanding sacrificing something means i put it from the battlefield into the graveyard.
sacrifice is not the same as dying. I think it was confirmed that this has the same effect. Sacrificing = a creature dies by your choosing.

if you block a creature and you somehow remove your creature from the blocking line before the damage is dealt, the "before" blocked enemy creature deals no damage (as long as it has no crush). i am pretty shure that was confirmed in a few streams. Yes, but this doesn't say whether a transformed creature will still take the damage or not.

OutlandishMatt
09-02-2013, 04:41 PM
Edit: Just realised I didn't even have all the information. In the future, it might be useful if you included all the relevant details on the actual puzzle page - I only just realised that this is supposed to be taking place during the opponent's attack. I assumed it was just at the start of my own turn.

My apologies. It was on the main page I linked to but not the puzzle page itself. I've added it to the puzzle page.

OutlandishMatt
09-02-2013, 04:43 PM
I think it was confirmed that this has the same effect. Sacrificing = a creature dies by your choosing.

Yes, but this doesn't say whether a transformed creature will still take the damage or not.

I took into account as if the Bone Warrior/Pile of Bones would still take damage after transformation. I wasn't sure if it worked like Morph in Magic: The Gathering.

I didn't mean to double post and see that I can't delete this post???

Armies
09-02-2013, 05:27 PM
The solution depends on whether transforming the skeleton will remove it from combat or not. Matt said in an email that he'll try to see if he can get an answer on this from CZE. However he also said that it should be possible to solve this even if the skeleton is not removed from combat (I couldn't find that solution however)

I found that solution, so it is there just look for it

Kroan
09-03-2013, 01:32 AM
I found that solution, so it is there just look for it
Could you pm me the solution. I'm interested in whether it's about a rule that I believe to work different :)