PDA

View Full Version : Newly spoiled cards at dragon con

Armies
08-31-2013, 06:23 PM
Lets discuss http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/31/dragoncon-2013-hextcg-pvp-design-panel/#prettyPhoto

Cosmic Transporter costant I can't read the whole thing but I think it makes all artifacts constants and troops transform into random artifacts constants or troops with the same cost.

Infernal Professor basic action reveal the top card of your deck you may put that card into your hand or void it if you void it draw a card and that cards gets -1 permanent cost and you lose health equal to its cost

Nymph's Kiss basic action target troop gets +5/5 and spell shield

Ancient Sentinel Diamond troop 3/7 8 cost costs 3 less if you control no troops, gain 1 health whenever you play a non troop card

the gas troll wild 1 cost troop(stats unknown) when you play a ruby card this troop gains permanent +1/1

pterrobot troop artifact flying 7 cost 3/4 costs 1 less for each artifact and/or dwarf you control

Major Galway(I think) diamond 3 cost 2 threshold unique 0/x can't block with unknown other effect that effects other somethings and gives +1/x

mancubus ruby troop 4 cost 2 threshold 2/3 basic once per game pay 4 take control of a troop with power less then or equal to this troops power

grim skull sorcerer 2 cost 1/3 diamond troop socketable minor

battle beetle 6/4 wild 2 threshold 6 cost socktable major crush pay 3 this troop gets flight this turn

loregoyle 0/5 flight defensive 4 cost diamond pay 3 put a card in a graveyard into its owners deck and shuffle it

incantation of fear when any card enters an opposing graveyard from anywhere add a incantation counter to this card then if it has 5 or more tranform it into nightmare

Nightmare 6/4 at the end of turn look at top card of each opposing champions deck, you may bury each of those cards

High Tomb Lord 6 cost blood 2 threshold troop 0/0 +1/1 for each card in any graveyard

Eternal Guardian 8 cost artifact troop prevent all damage you and all other troops you control would take

Icepick
08-31-2013, 06:33 PM
Mayor Galway is a PvE AI-only card, mentioned in the Kraken article - http://hextcg.com/the-krakens-lair/
Cosmic Transmographier and a few other cards (the one whose name you couldn't read is Mancubus) can be seen clearly here - http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27309
The Loregoyle ability is cost 3.

Anyway I'm super hyped about the Incantation of Fear and the High Tomb Lord, as the first kind of deck I want to build is a Mill deck and both of those will fit in perfectly.
Oh, and I love the Battle Beetle, too. It's awesome.

Xenavire
08-31-2013, 06:38 PM
High tomb lord looks like a nice late-game play. A higher cost Mortivore, but much stronger in the long run.

Incantation of fear seems like the aggro choice versus Zombie plague (although both are viable) and just looks great.

Eternal guardian seems like a potential win condition (assuming you can stop the opponent removing it), but is very late game and probably wont see much play.

Both excited and dissapointed with Grim skull sorceror - finally a diamond PvP card with a socket, but only minor sockets. The stats just don't mesh well with the minor diamond gems, compared with the other shards, but the low cost makes it less suited for an early play in a dual shard deck. (Let's face it, you are going to be missing out on his socket bonus in about a third of your games until turn 4/5, or you will be stuck unable to play him until then. The rest of the time he would be great though.)

Pterrobot is going to be great in any deck using multiple low cost artifacts/dwarfs. Especially worker bots. Very good for a common.

Ancient sentinal screams casual, but I see it making it into a few constructed decks if he can synergise well.

Oh, and HYPE! I am super excited, seeing all these new cards.

HyenaNipples
08-31-2013, 06:47 PM
These kind of reveals quicken my pulse just so the knowledge of a further delayed beta can stab into my heart.

ramseytheory
08-31-2013, 08:43 PM
Battle Beetle looks suspiciously similar to Tyrannosaurus Hex - I suspect one of the two cards is an outdated version of the other.

MugenMusou
08-31-2013, 11:19 PM
Here are the screen captures of 13 cards.

http://houshasen.wordpress.com/2013/09/01/%E3%80%90hex%E3%80%91dragoncon-2013-more-card-spoilers/

Rycajo
09-01-2013, 12:21 AM
Well done, nice to see the card images.

My excitement continues to build...

Xenavire
09-01-2013, 03:41 AM
4 of the screen-capped cards have been revealed. 2 of them (the knight guy and the armour instant) were in the gencon decklist, and the pair of orcs were revealed very early, but the effect may have been changed, but I wouldn't know where to find the original to check.

Maybe you could screencap the non-AA art of extinction and princess victoria? Would be a nice addition.

Icepick
09-01-2013, 04:00 AM
4 of the screen-capped cards have been revealed. 2 of them (the knight guy and the armour instant) were in the gencon decklist, and the pair of orcs were revealed very early, but the effect may have been changed, but I wouldn't know where to find the original to check.

Maybe you could screencap the non-AA art of extinction and princess victoria? Would be a nice addition.

The Orc is the same (though her wording has changed a little), she just has new art. Briar Legion is an old reveal too.

Xenavire
09-01-2013, 04:11 AM
The Orc is the same (though her wording has changed a little), she just has new art. Briar Legion is an old reveal too.

Good eyes, I missed that. That will teach me for scanning things too quickly haha.

Still, good to have screencaps.

MugenMusou
09-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Good point. I realized Orc relatively quickly, but totally missed others.

Here is a screen capture of the standard art version of the victoria. http://houshasen.wordpress.com/2013/09/02/%E3%80%90hex%E3%80%91-dragon-con-princess-victoria-standard-art-new-art-for-construction-plan/

zadies
09-02-2013, 05:46 PM
They stated that two Ancient sentinals would protect each other so if you eye of creation into them....

Leingod
09-03-2013, 07:07 PM
Pterrobot: Pretty interesting. Could see some use in arti decks but there is a lot of competition in constructed for troops and I don't think he'd be playable in limited.

Grim Skull: Finally a diamond socket. Seems like it'd work best in a very agressive deck with either wild, ruby, or blood. Could be a 2/4 for 2, a 3/3 non-block for 2, or pumpable +1/0. All seem like fairly legit options.

Battle Beetle: Loving this guy. I think I'd take him over Jadiim every time unless I had a bunch of cards in hand or an Eye.

Loregoyle: A nice troop with a very specific ability. Probably won't see much play outside of fun decks or possibly a sideboard against mill strats.

Incantation of fear/Nightmare: Seems like it could be very strong. Will probably see sideboard use against shin'hare or weenie decks ay worst. Might put it main deck with a blood/x control deck to deny the opponent their best cards along with omen. Will surely be hilarious with Extinction.

High tomb lord: Kind of meh on this guy. Especially with Urunaaz being only 1 more resource. I just think Urunaaz would be better nearly anywhere you'd play this guy.

Eternal Guardian: Really like this guy. Seems like he could be hilarious in a deck with some mild ramp like hex engine or chloro. Seems really good when you figure only blood really has a way to straight up remove him unless you save a chaos key for him.

Infernal Professor: An ok card. Might see use if there is a strong combo deck down the line.

Nymph's Kiss: Don't think I'd ever play it. I suppose at least it gives spellshield so it's better than most creature enchantments, but I'd rather just drop a jadiim or battle beetle instead.

Ancient Sentinel: Seems like an ok card for diamond/x control.