PDA

View Full Version : "Extra" Alpha and beta invites.

Zaelesis
09-01-2013, 05:37 PM
As many already are aware, the alpha is approaching quickly and i wanted to see if just a few questions could be cleared up before.

Being one of many that backed at multiple tiers, Im not the only one that will be combining the backer rewards. This leaves a single question to me: What will happen to the second or third alpha/beta invites that we have? Personally i have a few friends i would like to give them to, however dont want to be splitting the accounts.

Will there be anyway to have the Alpha and beta invites be separate codes and not be apart of the linked accounts with the KS backers??

Example: Receiving the Alpha and beta codes separate to your kickstarter tier code, allowing for spare test codes to be shared and spread the hype.

Shadowelf
09-01-2013, 05:54 PM
Each KS tier or slacker backer will be tied to a unique code sent to your account via email (http://www.twitch.tv/knightsoftheroundshow/b/430004874 check 0:47). You will then have a sort period of time to decide whether you will merge those accounts or not (source http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26901). So if you decide to merge then all you extra alpha invites will be lost. What you can do is either persuade those people to buy slacker backer (http://hextcg.com/donate) or request access for them here hexmedia@cryptozoic.com (which it may or may not be granted )

Mr.Funsocks
09-01-2013, 05:55 PM
If there's no account bonus you want out of the extra tier, just put it on another account and send yourself the rewards.

Shadowelf
09-01-2013, 06:00 PM
If there's no account bonus you want out of the extra tier, just put it on another account and send yourself the rewards.

This could be perceived as account trading though and get him into trouble...

Gorgol
09-01-2013, 06:02 PM
This could be perceived as account trading though and get him into trouble...
really?

Shadowelf
09-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Assuming it is a KS tier account, it seems possible to me; maybe a mod could better clarify

Players can trade/sell the ITEMS on their account to another person, but they cannot sell an ACCOUNT (it is against our TOS). We'll be watching this closely and take appropriate action.

Thanks!

Gorgol
09-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Assuming it is a KS tier account, it seems possible to me; maybe a mod could better clarify
feels like that quote fits perfectly. As long as you trade your items, and don't sell the account, then its all fine.

Shadowelf
09-01-2013, 06:41 PM
feels like that quote fits perfectly. As long as you trade your items, and don't sell the account, then its all fine.

But how they know that the account isn't sold since it will be given to one of his friends? and what if he decides to link a cc to it later on ? Check this also

Accounts cannot be transferred! Against TOS.

Gorgol
09-01-2013, 06:46 PM
But how they know that the account isn't sold since it will be given to one of his friends? and what if he decides to link a cc to it later on ? Check this also
I hadn't seen that second quote. Good point. What about people who bought KS Tiers to use as a giveaway? I guess that is against TOS too.

Stok3d
09-01-2013, 06:49 PM
I hadn't seen that second quote. Good point. What about people who bought KS Tiers to use as a giveaway? I guess that is against TOS too.

My interpretation is that the accounts have not been created yet. No one has signed and accepted the Crytozoic Terms of service yet. That is why that is different.

Gorgol
09-01-2013, 06:55 PM
My interpretation is that the accounts have not been created yet. No one has signed and accepted the Crytozoic Terms of service yet. That is why that is different.

So as long as no account changes hands once codes have been entered and ToS's been signed, we're all good with trading the in-game items between each other?

Shadowelf
09-01-2013, 07:15 PM
So as long as no account changes hands once codes have been entered and ToS's been signed, we're all good with trading the in-game items between each other?

Although i don't feel i'm qualified to answer this question, i would say yes. They appear to be reluctant on releasing more info on it and the reason is security. Here is how Cory explains it http://www.twitch.tv/knightsoftheroundshow/b/430004874 check 0:47:00

Also thanks on the clarification Stok3d :)

zadies
09-01-2013, 07:41 PM
The issue is that the alpa is part an parcel of what is included in the ks tier reward once you merge your rewards together you get one account with alpha access.

If you create multiple accounts to have multiple alpha usernames and passwords you can not later you now have multiple accounts in which the top do apply. They have never in anyway shape or form indicated that theaccess was separate from the account.

Trading in game items that are tradable yes but there were numerous items in the higher tiers that are specfically not tradable, and giving the is code to someone so they create thier own account is different then creating the account yourself trading all the items off of it then giving the stuff to your main account is what would be against the tos. you own nothing once your friend creates an account to play during alpha, everything tied to the code is theirs.

Also given alpha is well before the is rewards are handed out you are basically giving them the entire tier and it is thier choice yo trade the items to you after the is rEdwards are given out.

You are not going to be able to log into what is now their account and trade the items to yourself and cze will look at you say selling treading accounts is against tos so it is not thier problem.

Gorgol
09-01-2013, 08:28 PM
The issue is that the alpa is part an parcel of what is included in the ks tier reward once you merge your rewards together you get one account with alpha access.

If you create multiple accounts to have multiple alpha usernames and passwords you can not later you now have multiple accounts in which the top do apply. They have never in anyway shape or form indicated that theaccess was separate from the account.

Trading in game items that are tradable yes but there were numerous items in the higher tiers that are specfically not tradable, and giving the is code to someone so they create thier own account is different then creating the account yourself trading all the items off of it then giving the stuff to your main account is what would be against the tos. you own nothing once your friend creates an account to play during alpha, everything tied to the code is theirs.

Also given alpha is well before the is rewards are handed out you are basically giving them the entire tier and it is thier choice yo trade the items to you after the is rEdwards are given out.

You are not going to be able to log into what is now their account and trade the items to yourself and cze will look at you say selling treading accounts is against tos so it is not thier problem.
true, but in the case of say buying an extra king for the packs and tradeable cards, them having free alpha access with me seems pretty good. He'll trade me the goodies that are tradeable after we get them, and he gets a free account with a few mercs, sleeves, and alpha/beta

ossuary
09-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Giving away an account is not the same as selling / trading it. We know this, because Cory himself drew a name from a hat to gift one of the Utopian Chaos guild's extra Pro Tiers to someone from the contest they ran. I imagine those sorts of things are going to be on a case by case basis, though, as they have stated repeatedly that selling / trading accounts is against their TOS.

Anyone who bought more than one KS tier with the intention of gifting one should definitely do that BEFORE creating a CZE account with that reward and claiming it. And absolutely do not expect to get extra invite codes if you merge your accounts, that's not the intent of them letting you have combined rewards.

There are already going to be more than 14K unique people in the alpha / beta... let's not push that number up even higher by trying to sneak our friends in the back door. Let them buy a slacker backer ticket themselves if they want to see the movie. ;)