PDA

View Full Version : Ruling question about transform.

Kolokee
09-02-2013, 09:46 AM
Hello, I know it's early and rulings aren't set in stone yet, but I do wonder what the consensus for the answer of the following question is.

When troops are transformed do they retain any previously added permanent changes, such as any + or - modifications in the troops ATK or DEF.

For example, if I had a

in play, which I attacked with twice and is a now a 5/1, and then I decided to play

1023 1024

Would the transformation ignore the permanent +4 ATK and just be a 5/5 Angel or would it be a 9/5 Angel?

I guess if the tranformation does ignore previous changes, I could swing with the Wrathseeker, then with the Rage ability on the stack transform the Wrathseeker into an Angel then have the Rage resolve making him 7/5. Which I think should work, but mainly I just wanna know what the speculation is on the transformation ruling.

Thx.

MoikPEI
09-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Judging by how "Polymorph: (http://www.hex-datamine.com/cards/Polymorph:-Dingler/271) Dingler (http://www.hex-datamine.com/cards/Dingler/272)" is intended to work, I feel it's more likely that everything is cleared off rather than bonuses being saved.

jaxsonbatemanhex
09-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Actually, many of us are under the assumption that permanent changes will carry through, due to Zombie Plague - it seems that the reason that it needs to revert the card before transforming it is because if the creature had -2/-2 or more through the transformation, it would die immediately upon being placed on the battlefield as a zombie (due to having 0 defense). However, if it gets reverted first, it'll survive (being a 2/2 and all).

If the permanent change didn't carry through, then it seems like Zombie Plague wouldn't need to revert at all - it'd transform the troop and wipe off the negative effects.

http://www.hex-datamine.com/cards/Zombie-Plague/img/dl_cards/sItB0sx.jpg

MoikPEI
09-02-2013, 10:37 AM
That sounds more correct.
Though in that scenario, Polymorph: Dingler becomes pretty junky.
Have a Battle Hopper with a Wild Aura and Ruby Aura, it's a 4/4 Swiftstrike. Turn it into a Dingler instead and it's a 4/4 Swiftstrike. :/

jaxsonbatemanhex
09-02-2013, 10:45 AM
Dingler's a bit wonky in the removal department - a little potential upside, and a little potential downside. It can, say, turn a Warlock Inquisitor into a 0/1 and pretty much neuter it's "go back to the hand" ability, or the same with an Ash Harpy. On the other, yeah, if a troop has been buffed then the most it does is reduce it to the smallest base possible (0/1) before the buffs get applied.

I should stress though that both possibilities are just that until the alpha comes out and we can test (or, with a little luck, one of the weekly updates contains a rules article ^^), so it's still possible that buffs don't carry over - just means that Zombie Plague's wording seems a bit odd.

chi
09-02-2013, 10:55 AM
If modifications were retained, Orson's Dream with equipment would be pretty crazy if they ever print a 0 cost troop.
I guess they could also print a 0/0 for 0 that would cause Orson's Dream to kill itself randomly if you used it too many times.

Maphalux
09-02-2013, 10:56 AM
Polymorph: Dingler is probably not the best answer to troops that have permanent aura or other attached bonuses like inspire. A Sapphire player may have to rely on a clunky Time Ripple/Buccaneer to Countermagic combo to deal with those but other shards have better options.

However, the Polymorph will provide the Sapphire player with a way to deal with invincible troops as well as other difficult to deal with inherent abilities.

Icepick
09-02-2013, 10:56 AM
It's also possible that Polymorph Dingler will be altered to include Revert.

HyenaNipples
09-02-2013, 11:20 AM
When Ben Stoll did that forums QA here, I believe he said that the bonus of Radiant Armor would persist through the transformation of the Ascetic Aspirant.

Rycajo
09-02-2013, 07:17 PM
When Ben Stoll did that forums QA here, I believe he said that the bonus of Radiant Armor would persist through the transformation of the Ascetic Aspirant.

I remember Ben explaining some such thing as well.

It's also possible that Polymorph Dingler will be altered to include Revert.

This also seems somewhat likely. Though who is to say the Polymorph spell would negate previous spells in such a manner? I could see it either way.

felmare
09-02-2013, 08:05 PM
i would assume anything with tranform will carry a revert troop with it as well. polymorph would only make sense this way, but i can see the arguement for the angel transform.

Zomnivore
09-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Sounds like putting a permanent effect on bone warrior won't last through the revival stage?