PDA

View Full Version : [Hex Vault] Hex Vault Comic - Master Thread

hex_colin
09-03-2013, 09:12 AM
Episode 1: The Vault

BossHoss has just completed the inaugural episode of the Hex Vault comic! Episode 1 introduces the series and sets the stage for entering the Vault for the first time.

Future episodes will follow BossHoss’s HexTCG-related adventures, his interactions with forum personalities (you might be next!), and will act as a launching pad to learn more about Entrath, the game, the community, and PVE & PVP strategy.

Link: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/09/03/hex-vault-comic-episode-1/

Kami
09-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Any chance for a non-video version of this comic?

BossHoss
09-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Any chance for a non-video version of this comic?

I`ll see what I can do... (Later this evening around 10pmPDT when I am home from work)

I can create a Quicktime version which should allow the user to advance the frame on their own. As long as it can be emedded into the website without much of a hassle.

I just started with a recorded video version since it was easier for me.

Icepick
09-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure why it's a video at all. You obviously already have full images of each page, so why not just release as images like a regular comic? In any case, will be interesting to see where this goes in the future.

Chiany
09-04-2013, 12:14 AM
I liked the art, but the story, sound effects etc need a lot of work imho.

BossHoss
09-04-2013, 06:56 AM
It`s nice to be surrounded by "HO`s"! (Honest Opinions)... Posted similar in General

The reason I chose to try a video format is for an effect I wanted to create that will be in the next video. (Already done while I do the art for the following one.)

If it becomes something people are not enjoying, then I will adapt accordingly.

"The story so far"
- Following the creation of an online forum account, personified into a student, through the staleness of the forums into a journey of why is he here. In the search for clues he gets "trolled" into the discovery of the Hex Vault.

-Future episodes will contain: Hex characters, Hex story, card reveals, strategies, forum personalities, and more...

What do you want to see?

-Would everyone prefer more time spent on the art and less on the "production"? Ex. higher quality single page/week