PDA

View Full Version : [PVP] Flying Blue Wild

Alive
09-05-2013, 04:14 AM
[PVP] Flying Blue Wild

Rather new to TCG's. I would really appreciate input on this deck =) Just a tiny splash of green in this dominantly blue flying deck. The champion flight ability to buff the speed Beasts or the Bucc. And the wild growth seems like a great potential buff for a flier, basically double the capacity of burn to deal champion damage (of course much more prone to a counter ie. removal). Also I basically have no idea on how many wild shards to put in.. so input on that would be especially helpful.

NOTE: Champion - Feather Drifting Downriver

LINK
http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=253&pvp=true

Hopefully link works, and hopefully there are no rules against posting links to fansites =/ ..

AbandonAllHope
09-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Personally I might like Jadiim more than Cloud Titan because it can actually grow more as a finisher, but it is one resource more, so one turn extra. Just an idea.

vulture27
09-05-2013, 10:45 AM
I think the deck is missing a little bit of focus.

It seems like your plan is to stall the game and then win with either a Cloud Titan or Menacing Gralk. I'm not sure what help the three green cards are in doing that. Petulant Wyldebeest is generally an awful card unless you have a ton of card draw or RNG smiles on you. It is also strongly geared toward a beatdown deck, which this is not. The Wild Growths are going to be a dead draw most of the time for you. You only have one 1-mana creature that kills itself and only one 2-mana creature. They are going to do very little until you already have your finishers out... and then at that point who cares? The Beast Riders are amazing cards (assuming they dont get nerfed), but I wouldn't splash a second color for one card.

If I was building a deck along these lines, I would either stay mono-color blue and try to build an tempo based aggro deck, or splash black and focus more on control.

For the aggro:
Drop Flock of Seagulls, Cloud Titan, Time Ripple, and Counter Magic. I don't love Air Superiority, but it can stay from lack of good alternatives.
Add 4x The Ancestors' Chosen, 4x Thunderbird, 4x Wizard of the Silver Talon (only if using Air Superiority and the champion to give a creature flying), 4x Phoenix Guard Scout (again lack of good alternatives), 1x Buccaneer, last eight cards.... I don't know. Nothing viable has been spoiled yet, but I would hope to add another 1 drop creature and another 2 drop creature.

For control:
Drop Cloud Titan, Time Ripple, Air Superiority, 1 Countermagic (keep 3)
Add 4x The Ancestors' Chosen, 4x Murder, 3x Extinction, 4x Sapper's Charge, 2x Shrine of Prosperity, 1x Buccaneer, 4x Vampire King (Not really happy with these choices. A 2 mana creature kill spell and/or counterspell is desperately needed, Sapper's Charge, Flock of Seagulls, and Countermagic are not ideal. Additionally, instant speed card draw would easily replace the Shrines, 1x Gralk, 1x Vamp King)
13x Sapphire Source/11x Blood Source

Alive
09-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I agree that there is a lack of focus.
I still like the wild growth a 4 boost in attack to a flier for only 1 cost seems like a good finishing card... I agree though the beast is out of place I was thinking that flying to a 3/3 is like an instant 3 damage, but I would be better giving it to a creature that stays on the board I think.
With the new resource card spoiled and a couple infusion devices I could splash 4 wild growth 4 runts and 4 murder ... the vampire king would be great but at 4 threshold it would be rough for an off color in a 3 color deck?
Also, I really like the time ripple card, maybe I am overvaluing it but it seems like a great answer to constants and artifacts, AND it allows you to bounce a troop back right before they attack on THEIR turn so any kind of non permanent aura card they might play on it that turn would also be wasted, whereas for Bucc this is not possible. I'm sure there are many other uses as well.
Also I realized that as I tweak the deck it tweaks the link and so makes this discussion kind of discombobulated hahaha Oh well.

*****Here's the link to the new cards I'm looking at..
http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=277&pvp=true

time ripple, countermagic, and Bucc all in the same deck just seems so Neat

On a side note shrine of prosperity for this type of deck seems bad.. the Air Superiority has the the same affect on troops and affects exisiting troops, the charge bonus is not something I would likely need often in this deck as Idealled I only have 4-8 non-fliers? Although now I have 12 lol.

Alive
09-05-2013, 04:34 PM
does countermagic counter a creature being played?

vulture27
09-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Says "Target card," should work on everything besides resources.