PDA

View Full Version : Two Basic Bluffs

HyenaNipples
09-05-2013, 10:34 AM
Here is a short description of some basic bluffs (http://hextcgshuffle.com/2013/09/05/two-basic-bluffs/)you can utilize in Hex TCG!

Rycajo
09-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Nice and succinct. Well done.

To go along with the point about bluffing new players, it will actually be easier to bluff a player who knows what you are playing. If the player has seen your deck pop out a wild growth, or knows you are playing a certain deck that contains such, that player will be more leery of the potential surprise than a player who is unaware of your deck.

I think the Genesis Hydra (http://www.hex-datamine.com/cards/Genesis-Hydra/269) is a card designed around bluffing. He is a 2/2, but he can be much more if you can pull off a combat trick with wild growth. A player should be very afraid of blocking a hydra that is swinging into the jaws of death.

Madican
09-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Bluffing only works though when the person is experienced enough to fall for the bluff. I think there's a saying that says the expert fears an amateur more than another expert. I know that's true enough in poker where amateurs ruin pros because they're not experienced enough to tell when something is happening, they just follow their gut and luck out.

Haven't read the article yet though.

funktion
09-06-2013, 07:25 PM
I definitely holding back late resource draws will be less common since they will still hold value with charges.

however, that almost makes the bluff more passable when it is tried.

hex_colin
09-07-2013, 05:53 AM
Bluffing only works though when the person is experienced enough to fall for the bluff. I think there's a saying that says the expert fears an amateur more than another expert. I know that's true enough in poker where amateurs ruin pros because they're not experienced enough to tell when something is happening, they just follow their gut and luck out.

Haven't read the article yet though.

This was pointed out in the article.

I used the resource bluff to good effect in multiple games at GenCon. :)