PDA

View Full Version : best way to use my kickstarter pledge

DrVanPorcine
09-06-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi,

I'm a lucky guy who have pledge at Grand King and Pro-Player levels.

Should I combine the 2 of them or keep 2 separate accounts? (I know I will have to use 2 credit cards for 2 accounts)

What's are the pros and cons? What do you think... Cannot make up my mind

Thanks

Gwaer
09-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Combining those accounts would be good I'd think. All you miss out on are the mercs, and the second vip, everything else stacks.

Kilo24
09-06-2013, 06:28 PM
The counterpoint is that it may be quite useful to have a second account to raid with, to farm card achievements/foils, and/or to practice decks against (though there is the goldfish VIP feature). I'm guessing that it won't be easy to get a second account in beta, so you'll have to postpone those activities until release if you don't merge them. Is it worth shuffling cards back and forth, leveling up independently, and having to change over accounts to use both your weekly drafts? That's up to you.

Daer
09-06-2013, 06:31 PM
Combining those accounts would be good I'd think. All you miss out on are the mercs, and the second vip, everything else stacks.

VIP stacks

Gwaer
09-06-2013, 06:38 PM
VIP stacks
They don't actually stack per se, you just get an additional 3 months for every extra tier you roll into it that qualifies for free vip subs.

Daer
09-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Yeah I meant the 3 months + 3 months, not 1 pack/week + 1 pack/week

dogmod
09-06-2013, 06:47 PM
I would keep them separate... While selling accounts is not a thing that they endorse the value of two accounts is > than the value of one combined account by a fair margin and will allow you to cash out part of your equity without having to sell your whole account if you felt that you needed to do that or had some type of financial hardship.

My 2 cents.

DrVanPorcine
09-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks for your answers

I think I will keep them separate

Stok3d
09-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Thanks for your answers

I think I will keep them separate

I would without a doubt stack those.

Pro means nothing for multiboxing... it's totally a stacking a tier. This advice is coming from someone who will be stacking DL and Pro's.

Shrennan
09-06-2013, 09:33 PM
I would without a doubt stack those.

Pro means nothing for multiboxing... it's totally a stacking a tier. This advice is coming from someone who will be stacking DL and Pro's.

I can't speak as someone who has multiple tiers (I only have the one) but I agree. I see no benefit in having two different accounts.

Armies
09-06-2013, 09:39 PM
my benefit is after i send all my cards to my main account I have another account with some mercs/starter decks for a friend to play and try out the game

Malicus
09-06-2013, 09:57 PM
Too much hassle - I am merging mine. Unless you are going to level those mercs too they would be better off getting their own account and you just giving them some pauper decks or something.

keldrin
09-07-2013, 12:06 AM
I agree, the value of keeping them separate for those specific tiers is minimal.
The value together would seem to out equal the benefits of keeping them separate.
I will be keeping my RL and DC tiers separate, because I will lose a lot by merging them, namely a full year of weekly drafts.
It will be annoying having to separate level those accounts. And if the weekly drafts stacked, I would definitely merge them.

lite
09-07-2013, 12:24 AM
does the VIP from 2 SBs will stack too?

merci
lite

keldrin
09-07-2013, 12:30 AM
does the VIP from 2 SBs will stack too?

merci
lite

The 2 month vip, if you combine the another Slacker backer account, stacks into being 4 months VIP.
(if combined with a kickstarter account that included 3 months free VIP, it would stack into 5 months)
Keeping the accounts separate, I'm not sure you will get both accounts 2 months free VIP. I know they had said, that you could could have multiple accounts, but only 1 VIP account. But I'm not sure if they where including the free months VIP from backer accounts.

Shadowelf
09-07-2013, 01:29 AM
KStarters will be getting 3 months of VIP per qualifying tier

We will give you three VIP months per qualifying tier, so if you have 3 sets you will get 9 months (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts?page=7)

That is if you decide to merge your account; if not there is a good chance that won't be getting additional vips, despite your tiers qualifiying you for more than one.

We've also received a lot of questions from backers worried that players will game the system, opening multiple accounts to stack VIP Program booster packs. This program is intended to be one-per-player as a cool way to let our community access some packs at a discount and get some sweet bonus stuff. But, we do understand that there will always be a small percentage of players who are always looking to game the system. Members on our team have dealt with this within digital TCGs for years, tracking this specific type of activity. So, we're aware of this issue and have team members, as well as powerful analytical tools to determine when this is occurring. (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts?page=8)

The same will be most probably be true for SBackers. SB's have extra incentives to have a single account, since their accounts don't offer any perks or free drafts. So there is no point really of keeping SB accounts' separate. There isn't any additional info however on this; my guess is that vip will be stacking even in the case of SB, but what will really be happening remains to be seen

Kilo24
09-07-2013, 06:20 AM
my benefit is after i send all my cards to my main account I have another account with some mercs/starter decks for a friend to play and try out the game
Do note that they've said that sharing account login info is against the Terms of Service. I doubt that they'll leap on multiple people using a given account if there's no complaints (it's probably more to indicate that they do not permit account selling), but it is against the rules.

And in regards to the thread, I'm surprised by the amount of people wholly disregarding multiboxing or letting friends try out the game as a reason to not merge. Yes, you'll be free to make a new account once beta is done, but by all indications that's going to be a while, and even then you won't get the KS mercenaries on there as an easy-to-level-up champion alternative.

Deathfog
09-07-2013, 08:03 AM
I have 2 Pros and was considering keeping them split to play through both PvE campaigns as well as allow my kids to use one and me the other in general. With the announcement that the faction per account restrictions going away, I'll probably just fuse them as there's no reason not to now.

Kroan
09-07-2013, 09:30 AM
I have the exact same setup. I'm just gonna stack them tbh, don't say any reason not to. :)

Vibraxus
09-07-2013, 09:47 AM
You can give me the pro...thats the best option.

dogmod
09-07-2013, 09:49 AM
I have multiple pledges and am not joining them.

Reasons:

Access to both of the yearly select one mercenaries.
I can have one account to test out fun decks/goof off and another to be serious and competitive with.
I think a lot of the inherent long term value of the accounts will be contained in the kickstarter mercenaries/sleeves as they are some of the few untradeable things (along with the 250+ buffs). Combining accounts loses you that value.
There will be financial flexibility lost by combining them. If I want to cash out some of my kickstarter buy in one way will be to sell a single account.
I would like to play with my wife / friends. A great way to do that will be to have 2 accounts and play on tablets in the same space. If we want to play PvEP and they don't have access to some of the kickstart merc's that seems lame. Also I will be trying to convince my wife to play long term :).

Reasons to combine them that weren't enough for me:
Convenience although honestly not sure it is THAT much more convenient.
If you were trying to accrue pro points or whatever the mechanism is for entering into high level competition you wouldn't want your free drafts spread out across two accounts.

I will hope to be competitive but don't see myself having the time to accrue large amounts of pro points anyways. I am for not combining personally.