PDA

View Full Version : Draw Some Conclusions - cards that alter card drawing mechanics

Icepick
09-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Inspired by the the cards in the latest update, I look at some cards that alter the card drawing mechanics of the game - Cerebral Fulmination, Sadistic Castigator and the Ascetic Aspirant line.

Click here to check it out! (http://www.casualhex.co.uk/2013/09/08/drawing-conclusions/)

Comments, criticisms and suggestions welcome as always!

HyenaNipples
09-08-2013, 09:33 PM
I will be very surprised if Cerebral Fulmination proves to be a competitive card. It seems utterly reliant on combos to even have potential. Either the Castigator needs to go out first, or you need to land the Time Bugs. Then you hand your opponent his fourth Ragefire and its GG anyway.

Norious
09-09-2013, 06:21 AM
side note question : reading the info on the transcended guy, I understand once you change him to the second form, Enlightened Seeker, you can't play any cards. I assume that means you can't play any cards until your turn is over. If its your opponents turn, and lets say he tries to remove him, can you counter or are your hands still tied?

Icepick
09-09-2013, 07:56 AM
side note question : reading the info on the transcended guy, I understand once you change him to the second form, Enlightened Seeker, you can't play any cards. I assume that means you can't play any cards until your turn is over. If its your opponents turn, and lets say he tries to remove him, can you counter or are your hands still tied?

I would assume it means you can't play cards at all, regardless of whose turn it is. So if they have some way to take him out, Murder or whatever, you aren't going to be able to counter, unless you already have a card in play that can help out somehow.

Rycajo
09-09-2013, 12:02 PM
Good article Icepick. Always enjoy reading your commentary.

For use with the Castigator, I would like to point out Oracle Song (http://www.hex-datamine.com/cards/Oracle-Song/200) does allow the player to target another character to draw the 2 cards. Risky business, but potentially very damaging.

Icepick
09-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot Oracle Song was a target champion effect. Good catch!