PDA

View Full Version : Small Tooltip: Collection Stats in Draft

HyenaNipples
09-09-2013, 11:15 AM
I'm not sure how many people are planning to build their initial collections through constant drafting, but I sure am. I was thinking it would be immensely helpful if, during drafts, there was a display somewhere on each card that told you how many of the card you already owned in your collection. Something rather small and discrete, but clearly evident.

Something like say, you hover your mouse over Burn, and somewhere on the screen it says (Owned: 3).

It would be very helpful, especially as your collection gets rather large and you can't remember exactly what you already have 4 of.

Gwaer
09-09-2013, 11:25 AM
I like it. I don't know how much actual fleshing out of my collection I'll get done in draft, but it'd be nice to have the option

ossuary
09-09-2013, 11:39 AM
This is definitely something I'd like to see in some form.

jaxsonbatemanhex
09-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Would be a good idea, and I approve.

Another function that might do nicely would be to also tell you how many of those cards you've already drafted, if you have drafted any. For example, you come across a Boulder Brute - you've already drafted 1, and you own 2. You get the stats pop up - "owned: 2, drafted: 1". While if my tournament rules memory serves me correctly you're not allowed to check the cards you've already drafted at competitive level events (and aren't given the option in any MTGO draft), given the digital only format a savvy player is going to be able to write down what they've already drafted anyway. Cut out the middle man, put it in the tool tip.

Not necessary either, but I like it, as well as the first idea.

(PS - sorry to piggyback :-P)

Westane
09-09-2013, 11:47 AM
Would be a good idea, and I approve.

Another function that might do nicely would be to also tell you how many of those cards you've already drafted, if you have drafted any. For example, you come across a Boulder Brute - you've already drafted 1, and you own 2. You get the stats pop up - "owned: 2, drafted: 1". While if my tournament rules memory serves me correctly you're not allowed to check the cards you've already drafted at competitive level events (and aren't given the option in any MTGO draft), given the digital only format a savvy player is going to be able to write down what they've already drafted anyway. Cut out the middle man, put it in the tool tip.

Not necessary either, but I like it, as well as the first idea.

(PS - sorry to piggyback :-P)

In MTGO you can, at all times, see all the cards you've drafted thus far in the current draft, even organize them between picks. I don't see Hex being any different.

jaxsonbatemanhex
09-09-2013, 11:55 AM
Actually, that sounds right. I think I misremembered, thinking on it some more, you have two windows; the current pack up the top, and your previous picks down the bottom, correct?

Aradon
09-09-2013, 12:33 PM
Yeah, in MTGO you can always view and sort all your cards. In paper Magic, you're only allowed to look at your picks in between packs. So there is a window, but it's very brief (one minute, I think). At my LGS, we kind of ignore that rule along with the 'no talking' rule, but it's the official ruling. I'd expect features allowing you to view/sort your picks in Hex, though.

Shadowelf
09-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Can't tell whether an option to notify you of the cards in your collection while drafting will be implemented (would have been nice if it did); but being able to check the cards you have already drafted, at any given time, is pretty essential into formulating and developing your draft strategy. So i can't think of a single reason that this or something similar won't be there day one, and especially since cze is an experienced card game company. So i wouldn't worry that much about it.

HyenaNipples
09-09-2013, 12:43 PM
I like your expansion there Jax. Definitely a good idea.

Daer
09-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Something like say, you hover your mouse over Burn, and somewhere on the screen it says (Owned: 3).

It would be very helpful, especially as your collection gets rather large and you can't remember exactly what you already have 4 of.

This is a great idea.

Frank1397
09-09-2013, 01:17 PM
great idea

Yoss
09-09-2013, 02:32 PM
This has been previously suggested and is a great idea.

Empyrium
09-09-2013, 03:53 PM
I approve !

Gorgol
09-09-2013, 04:50 PM
i like this idea a lot