PDA

View Full Version : [FunktionFails] What's the pick #5 & Portensio giveaway

funktion
09-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Hey guys and gals,
Here's another quick video, using a draft simulator to look at the first 3 picks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ueL7Q6R_M
FunktionFails: What's the pick #5 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4ueL7Q6R_M)

Kroan
09-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Thanks for the video again. I think the picks were pretty much straight forward here, which doesn't leave much to comment on unfortunatly :)

Icepick
09-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Just a quick note, Mortar Strike's effect was confirmed by CZE - troop cards lose that amount of Defence, and stay in the deck at 0 - when you play a 0 def card it just dies instantly so it basically turns them into a dead draw.

jtatta
09-09-2013, 01:58 PM
I actually agree with your picks this time around. That said, I think you're being too hard on Atrophy. I think I always want 1 in my Blood decks as it's a good combat trick that can easily two for one. Despite it's four resource cost, you can still give a blocker or an attacker -1/-1 and make a favorable trade while drawing a card. I really like that effect. Even if your opponent has something to save his guy, it still keeps the -1/-1. All around win-win.

I also disagree about your Bombsmith assessment. He doesn't kill enough relevant troops for my liking and he's only a 1/1. In magic, it was pretty rare for a 2/1 for 1 to be playable unless you were drafting a super aggressive deck. We'll see I guess.

funktion
09-09-2013, 04:45 PM
I dont think im being too hard on atrophy at all. Yeah Ill probably play one copy of it if i have it... but if im playing multiples it doesnt say much about the rest of my deck's card quality. If its a card i want it will still be around late in the draft.

nekoangel
09-10-2013, 04:35 AM
nice video mate!

im a sucker for the corpse fly so probably would have grabbed tha instead, and then probably the other 3 drop lol wonder how the erst of that would have turned out for me.....

ruby pyromancer would have been a good choice to and could have lead to a good aggro deck i think.

RECHiD
09-12-2013, 12:50 AM
Agree on all picks, but I'll share my two cents.

Warlock is definitely sweet, but I think there is actually a strong argument for taking Buccaneer. His tempo swing is insane, and he's less color intensive. Easier to build a more consistent deck around him, and god, I hate passing Man-o-War. But the Warlock is straight bonkers. Automatic free recursion, and the Gem slot stapled onto an already very efficient body in a good color.

Sapper's Charge is certainly the pick. A shame that there wasn't a strong Wild card, as I'd really like to use the Fight Gem in the Warlock, but I can't complain about picking a cheap colorless removal spell. Bombsmith, Ruby Lance, and Sniper going to the left hopefully puts 1 or 2 people in Ruby, which might pay off in pack 2.

I really like Arena Brawler, but passing Ruby cards beforehand might hurt pack 2. Corpse Fly can help solidify into Blood, and it is a card advantage play that comes with an evasive body. It's an OK card, that by picking it will signal that Blood is not an option to those on our left. Ascension is also sweet, but double threshold, and it is the only quality Diamond card we've seen, I'll pass.