PDA

View Full Version : Banning Shadowfax

corwin72
09-10-2013, 11:34 AM
I have had to ban Shadowfax in my home games. His ability with recursion tricks is just too much. We were seeing 4 turns in a row where he was played for 20+ power turns. Usually it was Samwise if you don't start with him, Shadowfax for Brego and then Treebeard + 4 more cards. Has anyone else run into problems with him?

Dead Marshes is close to banning too. I have seen 11 card turns where 4 of the extra cards are from the Dead Marshes. I love the card but I think that it should have been 1 draw per turn limit.

Matt_Hyra
09-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Just out of curiosity, and to give the forum folks more info to chew on, how many players are in your games?

corwin72
09-11-2013, 11:13 AM
Sorry 4 games with 3 players and 2 two player games. I know that there is not really a large sample group but all other players would roll their eyes when ShadowFax was played.

corwin72
09-12-2013, 10:33 AM
I think that I will errata Dead Marshes to once per turn and only triggering off destruction from hand. Destroying something from the path or from the discard pile and then drawing a card. Really really good. Destroying a fortune after playing it and drawing a card, crazy good.

Matt_Hyra
09-12-2013, 11:43 AM
Destroying a card in the Path does not trigger Dead Marshes. You don't control cards in the Path. I hope that clarification helps avoid errata for your games.

corwin72
09-12-2013, 12:13 PM
But it does trigger from Fortune cards correct?

Matt_Hyra
09-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Yes. Fairly rare, but nice when it happens.

corwin72
09-23-2013, 05:49 AM
I tried to errata Shadowfax this weekend. I liked it a whole lot better. I just removed the text of putting the searched for card in your hand. This caused the searched for card to go on the top of your deck where it set up a big next turn with an empty discard pile.

The problem that I see with this card is leaving your whole deck in your discard pile. I think that it would not be that bad if after you added the searched for card to your hand or top of deck you shuffled your discard pile an put it on the bottom of your current deck. That would prevent any discard pile combos.

Thoughts?