PDA

View Full Version : Slacker Backer question

Umaro
09-10-2013, 12:25 PM
This might have been discussed and I could probably find the info pretty easily, so for that I'm sorry. My question is a pretty simple one: Will the slacker backer option be open even after Alpha hits? Or are they closing the option once the game is ready and playable by backers?

Icepick
09-10-2013, 01:22 PM
CZE haven't said either way yet, as far as I know.

Umaro
09-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Okay. Trying to convince some friends to play hex with me (notably, the friends that I play MTG with), and I might have to show them some alpha play to convince them.

Hemotherapy
09-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Okay. Trying to convince some friends to play hex with me (notably, the friends that I play MTG with), and I might have to show them some alpha play to convince them.

If you can afford MTG, you can afford slacker backer I say! ;)

Umaro
09-10-2013, 01:32 PM
If you can afford MTG, you can afford slacker backer I say! ;)

They both have a pretty tight hobby budget. I just need to convince them that Hex will be well-worth the investment.

Aradon
09-10-2013, 01:36 PM
For a budget, I'd suggest waiting until release and simply playing the single-player campaign for the fun. It should provide tons of entertainment without having to buy into PvP. Frankly, spending between two serious TCGs is asking for trouble. I only convinced myself to because the kickstarter rewards were so good.

Umaro
09-10-2013, 01:53 PM
I won't have a problem personally. We don't really compete in MTG (even though two of us would like to, we just can't seem to make it to the big tourneys all too often). Hex is looking to be roughly half the cost of MTG (based solely on packs), and with on-demand queues for tournaments, is much more accessible.

Shadowelf
09-10-2013, 02:08 PM
They haven't confirmed/said for how long slacker backer will be available. Judging however by the fact that all the stuff it grants/offers will be relevant till beta, a good estimate/guess would have been till beta is released (end/beginning of the year)

Umaro
09-10-2013, 02:20 PM
They haven't confirmed/said for how long slacker backer will be available. Judging however by the fact that all the stuff it grants/offers will be relevant till beta, a good estimate/guess would have been till beta is released (end/beginning of the year)

Thanks for the speculation, shadow. And Thank you all for the replies. :)

jetah
09-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Don't forget that there will be multiple people streaming HEX on Twitch.tv and other streaming places. So you (your friends) can view the game and gameplay from there.

Here's a list of things:
List of Blogs, Hex News Sites, Youtube Channels / Twitch Feeds (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24969)

Hemotherapy
09-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Don't forget that there will be multiple people streaming HEX on Twitch.tv and other streaming places. So you (your friends) can view the game and gameplay from there.

Here's a list of things:
List of Blogs, Hex News Sites, Youtube Channels / Twitch Feeds (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24969)

I'll definitely be streaming Hex. Will be nice to stop streaming Hearthstone!