09-11-2013, 05:51 AM
They will be supporting the Steam API

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24737

Aerensiniac
09-11-2013, 06:49 AM
awesome

felmare
09-11-2013, 08:20 AM
I really hope steam wont be required. i cant stand steam.

Svenn
09-11-2013, 08:52 AM
I really hope steam wont be required. i cant stand steam.

I'm the exact opposite. If a game isn't on Steam there is a good chance I won't buy it. I like having all of my games in one location.

Vibraxus
09-11-2013, 09:11 AM
As long as Steam is NOT required, Im ok with it.

Xenavire
09-11-2013, 09:11 AM
I would like for it to be hosted through steam as a possible download location (so it sits in my library without me having to re-add it every time steam updates). But it shouldn't be required.

As long as it gets overlay working, I am happy.

jetah
09-11-2013, 05:30 PM
You can add the overlay to nearly anything. I have the overlay for FF14 and all of blizzard games.

Xenavire
09-11-2013, 05:49 PM
You can add the overlay to nearly anything. I have the overlay for FF14 and all of blizzard games.

Not everything supports it though - several games will simply not boot, or will crash to desktop or glitch out or lock up when trying to use overlay, and best case scenario the games will run but overlay just doesn't work. They are generally older games, but the concern is there.

As long as overlay works, and works well, I am happy. (And can I point out there are games that run the overlay that are native to steam that don't work well, like Baldurs gate: Enhanced edition).

jetah
09-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Problem with Steam is that if you purchase anything through steam, Valve gets a cut of it. I can only speculate the cut around 30%.

It would be nice to have a Crypto Wallet where we could place funds in there and use it as needed.

ol4ever
09-11-2013, 06:35 PM
I would really appreciate if this game is available in steam, but its not a requirement.
I dont know for sure, but wouldn't it be easier to sell in different currencies using steam?

Deathfog
09-11-2013, 06:36 PM
Game won't be sold at all, so true steam support isn't logical unless they just want to give Valve money for each pack sold out of the goodness of their heart.

ol4ever
09-11-2013, 06:52 PM
Do they have to give 30% for everything sold, or just whats sold via steam? i wouldnt mind a higher price for steam only.

havocattack
09-11-2013, 07:39 PM
Would be so great to have the game advertised on steam though, think how fast the community would grow. Would be glorious :D

jetah
09-12-2013, 01:25 PM
Only transactions made through Steam would get the Valve tax.

Personally I'd like to see HEX on steam, it could be good to join a friends game or create a match against them.

It would be better if we couldn't do any purchasing through Steam to keep that 30% in Crytpo's pocket.

Zophie
09-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Game won't be sold at all, so true steam support isn't logical unless they just want to give Valve money for each pack sold out of the goodness of their heart.

It wouldn't entirely be out of the goodness of their heart. Steam typically peaks at about 5.5 million concurrent users online every day, that's a heckuva lot of advertising for the game, especially if they are featured on the front page. Not to mention the simple fact that when I'm playing Hex, all my friends see it, and the ones that don't play might be like "oh hey what's Hex? Oh I'll have to check that out it's free to play!"

jetah
09-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Steam typically peaks at about 5.5 million concurrent users online every day, that's a heckuva lot of advertising for the game, especially if they are featured on the front page.

That's only if you open the Steam main page every day. I've often gone a week w/o opening Steams' front page. Usually just r-click the icon, click game.

Shrennan
09-12-2013, 05:39 PM
If It's on Steam, I wonder if cards will be enabled? So you can collect your cards while you collect your cards.

jetah
09-12-2013, 06:59 PM
You know I never thought about Steam Trading. But that'd put a damper on the AH cuts. Hum..

ol4ever
09-12-2013, 07:39 PM
If It's on Steam, I wonder if cards will be enabled? So you can collect your cards while you collect your cards.
IF its on steam, they will probably put steam cards, because they get a % with every trade in the steam market.