PDA

View Full Version : Whats your budget going to be?

Urimagination
09-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Hey guys new member here.

Just wondering what everyone's budget going to be coming into this game?

For me this is looking to be my first TCG, so i am hoping to stick to $20 a pay (fortnightly). Sometimes maybe more if i have left over money.

Just curious as to what other peoples budgets are going to be and if it has anything to do with either playing another TCG or just looking forward to the single player side?

Gwaer
09-11-2013, 07:34 PM
Somewhere between 6 and Graham's number dollars.

Kilo24
09-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Until Set 2 comes out? $0. Let's just say I spent a lot on the Kickstarter, and leave it at that.

And even beyond that, I'm expecting to have the free weekly draft cover a significant portion of my cards. Depending on however far trading PvE loot, Spectral Lotuses, and KS/Collector cards go, I may not spend anything on the game later on.

ol4ever
09-11-2013, 07:56 PM
its really hard to tell without playing the game but 40$/month + 4$ for VIP looks more than enough

Malicus
09-11-2013, 08:09 PM
Yeah I am hoping to stick to $40 a month but my spending will be determined more by skill or lack thereof than any budget.

Aradon
09-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Probably 5 dollars a week, but it depends on the value of lotuses. Mainly I want some plat lying around for drafting out all my KS boosters.

Edit: And VIP program of course. I think anyone who's spending money on the game should get the VIP first. It's just good value.

Skirovik
09-11-2013, 08:22 PM
After spending a years worth of hobby budget on the kickstarter, I won't be putting any more money in for a while.

Once the new sets come out and I'm not getting the cards I want fast enough through weekly drafts and trading on the AH, I'll probably go with the $4/month VIP and then spend small amounts here and there.

This is, of course, all based on my current earnings. If I end up getting a raise or something in the not-too-distant future, I'll likely end up spending more (as my budget allows).

Cotton
09-11-2013, 08:38 PM
That's where most of u guys are wrong. I also spent a ton on the KS but realize that drafts and events cost platinum. You will need to purchase platinum from the store in order to use all your packs in draft. Don't expect to sell many of your singles for plat since most people will have tons of packs and won't be buying anything.
I plan to purchase about 100-200 platinum day 1 and coast off my winnings until half way through set 2

Skirovik
09-11-2013, 08:45 PM
That's where most of u guys are wrong. I also spent a ton on the KS but realize that drafts and events cost platinum. You will need to purchase platinum from the store in order to use all your packs in draft. Don't expect to sell many of your singles for plat since most people will have tons of packs and won't be buying anything.
I plan to purchase about 100-200 platinum day 1 and coast off my winnings until half way through set 2

To be fair, I'm betting most who are saying they won't spend anything for a while (myself included) have free drafts for life, if not for at least a year. Free drafts are exactly that. No money, no packs, just all free. Now, if I was planning on doing more than 1 draft per week, you are correct, I would need to buy plat. But considering that PVE is what excites me most at this point, I'm not concerned with 1 draft per week for the time being.

Kilo24
09-11-2013, 08:52 PM
The free drafts are just that - free. You have a point with other tournaments, but still realize that there are also a good amount of slacker backers with far less. I don't know when they plan to cut off the slacker backer deal, but it may last through beta to keep pulling people in. The thing is that they'll also be getting the low prices in beta, so I expect that many will be buying platinum to buy cards while they're inexpensive. I'm sure that platinum still isn't going to be cheap, but there are significant factors that will keep the price down.

And pretty much everyone who plays PvE seriously is going to want 4 Spectral Lotuses.

Gwaer
09-11-2013, 08:52 PM
You can also sell some of your KS packs for some quick plat for entry fees if you like.

Skirovik
09-11-2013, 08:54 PM
You can also sell some of your KS packs for some quick plat for entry fees if you like.

This is what I'll end up doing, just to get some Plat in the bank, so to speak.

purehybrid
09-11-2013, 09:04 PM
My budget will be close to $0 for set one. I have more than enough with a single pp tier.

Cotton
09-11-2013, 09:10 PM
That's what I'm getting at, noones gonna want your packs. Packs will be worth very little apon release. No offense but some of u guys are lacking foresight. The game will go into Beta and everyone will recieve their goodies. Most people are gonna want to sell some packs to get some platinum for events. People will use up the free draft and want to draft again. Platinum on release will be worth a lot, he who has Plat will run the show.

Aradon
09-11-2013, 09:13 PM
That's what I'm getting at, noones gonna want your packs. Packs will be worth very little apon release. No offense but some of u guys are lacking foresight. The game will go into Beta and everyone will recieve their goodies. Most people are gonna want to sell some packs to get some platinum for events. People will use up the free draft and want to draft again. Platinum on release will be worth a lot, he who has Plat will run the show.

I'm not sure this is entirely correct. Set 1 packs will be lower in market value, but they originate at a source of 2 dollars a pack. How long do you think it'll take before everyone burns through their kickstarter packs? After that, if they want to draft, they'll have to get packs from somewhere. Singles prices will be pretty low for a while, yeah, but draft should create sufficient demand that pack prices will be relatively stable. Or so I would suspect. Selling your packs for plat right off the bat probably isn't a great idea, but if you can get packs for under a dollar from players, I'd go ahead and do it. They'll keep their value for drafting.

Gwaer
09-11-2013, 09:15 PM
I know you're wrong because ill be buying packs at release. And so will anyone who wants cheap packs that didn't buy KS tiers, or just wants more packs.

Xtopher
09-11-2013, 09:18 PM
I have no idea what my budget will be. I've got plenty of kickstarter goodies that I could never spend a dime on the game again and still get to play competitively for prizes for the rest of my life.

If it turns out I really enjoy the game, but suck as a player, then I'll be spending money. My MTGO ELO isn't great (it hovers within 25 points of 1650), so I expect I'll be about average at this game as well, unless I really put a lot of non-play time into it.

Shrennan
09-11-2013, 09:24 PM
Until Set 2 comes out? $0. Let's just say I spent a lot on the Kickstarter, and leave it at that.

And even beyond that, I'm expecting to have the free weekly draft cover a significant portion of my cards. Depending on however far trading PvE loot, Spectral Lotuses, and KS/Collector cards go, I may not spend anything on the game later on.

This is pretty much my position for Set 1. I see myself playing more than one draft a week though, so I think for Set 1 I will be paying mostly tournament entry fees and VIP status (for when my KS VIP runs out).

Xtopher
09-11-2013, 09:26 PM
I forgot about VIP. I'll be doing that at a minimum as well.

Cotton
09-11-2013, 09:34 PM
The point I'm trying to make is that no matter how many packs u have (I have over 450) your gonna need platinum if you want to participate in events after your free draft/s.
Most u guys assume you won't have to buy plat. Well plat has to come from somewhere. With the mass influx of people selling packs and singles looking for Platinum, prices are gonna be very low. Low enough to not bother ripping yourself off. It would be a better idea to purchase a few platinum yourself.

zadies
09-11-2013, 09:53 PM
I'm not sure that kickstarter packs are less then 1 buck a pack in some cases like early bird king tiers so saying 2 a pack really doesn't apply to set one.

butznutz
09-11-2013, 10:24 PM
Since I want to collect every card in the game I am setting aside a annual budget of 3000$ (1K for each set)

saffamike
09-11-2013, 10:28 PM
I have my free drafts for life and > 500 boosters so not likely that I'll be spending any cash until season 2. I'll most likely just stick $50 per season onto my account, so maybe $150-$200 per year for any extra paid drafts from season 2 on.

majin
09-11-2013, 11:02 PM
i have my pp tier and my wife has her king so we're set for set 1.

i might put in some more cash to buy plats to hoard cheap boosters as gwaer pointed out.

i guess a $20 budget per month + vip for me and my wife will be enough until set 2 is released then we might increase it depending on the need as I am very competitive

i also don't mind PvE farming especially when i have a lot of decks to play with because of all the number of cards. if i get lucky, then VIP + free draft for life + PvE farming will be enough to fund my tourney tickets and extra boosters for drafts and expanding our collections

The_Wine_Gnat
09-11-2013, 11:11 PM
I know you're wrong because ill be buying packs at release. And so will anyone who wants cheap packs that didn't buy KS tiers, or just wants more packs.

Yes. Me. What's a good price?

edit: Not sure how much I'll spend. I do know that drafting is very very fun. So instead of playing poker, I'll play for packs. How much I spend also depends on the guild I finally join. I want to find a fun guild that PVE's frequently, but also has a strong PVP base. Being pretty new to TCGs, it be fun to pick the brains of the "old timers". :D (would also be fun to play PVP vs guildies).

Lunarath
09-11-2013, 11:22 PM
I'll probably set aside what equals 100$ in my currency for each set. Depending how succesfull i am in drafting i might spend more or less

shocker455
09-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Well I went grand king + pro so im only gonna spend $ on vip, drafts (using packs), and tounries, so less then 10$ a month. When new sets come out i plan to try to survive off vip, and my 2 free drafts a week, re-drafting with prize packs.

If i didn't get the kickstarter stuff i probably would of drafted 1-2 times a week, VIP, and any tournies, so 40ish a month. Then 25$ once every set to round out my constructed decks. So i guess it will be 2 years until the kick starter investment becomes worth it for me.

shizuyami
09-12-2013, 01:00 AM
I will probably be spending 300~ dollar a month. Maybe more if required : ) I know that once I get into trading and opening packs it will be like an addiction to me.

Kroan
09-12-2013, 03:04 AM
I'm planning on spending as little as possible. It might be a bit more in the start since packs won't sell for very much plat (i suspect around $1), which makes it so that I want to actually keep them and rather buy some entry fee's. Around set 2 I hope to stick to VIP for most of it. But we'll see. It's very hard to predict right now.

HyenaNipples
09-12-2013, 03:32 AM
I'll be picking up some plat for Limited entry fees.

havocattack
09-12-2013, 04:25 AM
I will have 4 free drafts a week so I will probably be spending nothing for a while, except on maybe the odd tournament here and there that I cannot enter without paying.

Soul-of-Void
09-12-2013, 05:39 AM
For Set 1 only will spend money on constructed tournaments, later when Set 2 comes will go for VIP and maybe some packs just to get rest cards.

Kingrags
09-12-2013, 05:41 AM
Like everyone else... I'll start spending money around set 2... I'll probably spend ~100$/month

keldrin
09-12-2013, 06:12 AM
well...
I do plan on holding back 1 or 2 hundred set 1 packs, to open during gencon weekend next year. So, that will limit how many packs I draft with.
Obviously VIP. I'll likely start it as soon as the free 3 months run out, since it's only a dollar a week.
Drafting, I'm getting 1 year free drafts. So, that will limit how much I need to spend starting out the game.
My main line of thought is, pay for drafts once per week. Plus a little plat for constructed tournaments. So, once my kickstarter benefits for draft end, something like 10-15 dollars per week, plus VIP.
As for buying cheap packs. If you look back at the kickstarter, the unlimited king tier, came with 150 packs of set 1, plus a ton of extras, for $120. For me, if packs are going for $1+ each, I won't be interested in buying any, since I could have bought multiple king tiers for less, and got all the other extras as well.
But that's me. People who missed kickstarter, or where unsure about the game, or even just didn't have the money at the time to buy all they wanted, might be picking them up at that price.

Edit: My amount I plan to invest, does NOT include AH. Because if I decide I really really want/need certain cards, and I can't or am unwilling to trade for them, I will be adding to my budget to cover those needs. And, lets not forget, planned budget, may change if I get addicted to certain pay for aspects of the game.

ramseytheory
09-12-2013, 06:22 AM
I'll probably be spending about $15 per month. Assuming I get reasonably good at drafting, and taking into account the fact that I have free drafts, I think that should cover enough cards to stay competitive.

MoikPEI
09-12-2013, 06:48 AM
My rule for games is that I spend $10 every 40 hours I play, even if there's nothing I want to buy. (For non-transaction-based games, I buy and gift copies. I still owe the world like 50 copies of Master of Magic and Master of Orion 2).
I bought a King tier, so Hex owes me 480 hours of Fun before I start chipping in again (clock starts as soon as I log into Alpha).
I rarely put more than 300 hours into a game in a year though.

Kardh
09-12-2013, 06:57 AM
My goal is to spend about as much as I did on the World of Warcraft monthly fee in the long run, so some $15 per month ideally (but hopefully much less initially to offset the kickstarter pledge)

@MoikPEI: Love your spending strategy :)

Daer
09-12-2013, 07:16 AM
I plan on spending $0 during Set 1. Afterwards I'll probably spend ~$60/set

Lidralyn
09-12-2013, 07:43 AM
With 3 drafts a week I plan to spend maybe $20 when the game starts for platinum for odd weeks when I can draft more than 3 times, and/or constructed tourneys. Then I will be stockpiling packs till launch and more people get into the game that want packs and unload 2-300 of them then and then probably not spend much more into the game. Use 3x drafts a week and winnings to sustain me.

Shadowelf
09-12-2013, 07:52 AM
I don't expect to spend much set1; between a bunch of packs and free drafts i think i'm good till set2. Maybe the occasional entrance fee to a draft or tournament, but that will be all most probably

Maphalux
09-12-2013, 09:24 AM
There is no question that I will spend a lot. TCGs are expensive.

Each week I'll end up doing a handful of drafts, some sealed and constructed events, and at least one major tournament. I expect that I will probably end up spending around $75 a week just on events plus however much I need to spend to build and maintain my constructed play decks. Hopefully, some wins will buffer that cost a bit for future weeks. :)

Vibraxus
09-12-2013, 09:57 AM
$4 a month plus the random draft Ill jump in time permitting. I think Im going to be hitting PvE HARD and PvP with my weekly draft.

Selix
09-12-2013, 10:05 AM
I'm planning on buying Plat immediately to buy some of the initial cheap packs for the rock bottom prices they are anticipated to be selling at and to draft more then the once a week that my Grand King gets me. I would ideally like to open a few hundred packs just playing tournaments so as to maximize their potential earning power and learning obscure card combinations and how to play tournaments.

I figure $100 ought to do it initially. Depending on the difficulty of PvE I can definitely see high end/hard to get PvE cards selling for quite a bit initially as that will be the only way to get them.

Mindless
09-12-2013, 10:13 AM
Here I'm just gonna lay out some points and for simplicity I will EXLUDE selling cards, yes these makes for trade to platinum but the market is very speculate right now.

1. You only have 1 free draft each week (meaning that if a draft takes around 1 h you have 1 h free play time). Those that have more tiers might have more, I think it stacks? But seriously? 1 h on a game per week is not much. I understand that many have jobs and family that take time but are you saying you spent 100 - 1000 $ + to play a game 1 h a week?
2. OR is constructed what you really want? I was under the impression that many people like draft better and that it meant that there will be many people drafting. I get the PVE part as I will also spend alot of time there but afterwards and in between?
3. During alpha drafting will be free... Well I guess that when beta comes online those that enjoy a draft a day or more will suddenly find themselves in need of much platinum. I find it rather easy to think that there are many people that want to draft daily.
4. We have no idea as of how many tournaments and events there will be as well as their entry fees. There might be daily tournaments that are very fun to be in, which may fuel interest in spending more platinum.

Me myself? I have no idea how much money I will spend on hex but I'm planing to get platinum day 1 at least. I'm king Tier by the way.

Turtlewing
09-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Personally I'm planning $4.00 a moth for VIP.

The KS pledge level at which i bought in came with enough perks that I expect between them (1 free draft per week, 4x lotus gardens, and 4x2 AA cards per set) and VIP I'll get enough cards to satiate my fairly casual play style.

Shadowelf
09-12-2013, 10:20 AM
4. We have no idea as of how many tournaments and events there will be as well as their entry fees. There might be daily tournaments that are very fun to be in, which may fuel interest in spending more platinum.

We know about the tournaments but not, as you said, about entry fees (besides draft that will be $1 for entrance if you have the packs, up to $7 if you enter empty handed)

http://hextcg.com/game/tournaments/

Kroan
09-12-2013, 10:28 AM
1. You only have 1 free draft each week (meaning that if a draft takes around 1 h you have 1 h free play time). Those that have more tiers might have more, I think it stacks? But seriously? 1 h on a game per week is not much. I understand that many have jobs and family that take time but are you saying you spent 100 - 1000 $ + to play a game 1 h a week? A draft will take up around 3 hours of time, not 1. :)

Jinxies
09-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Our drafts at the local game store take 3-4 hours depending on the number of players. This will most likely be faster due to the digital format so I'm expecting 2-3 hours ^.^

Shadowelf
09-12-2013, 10:50 AM
A draft will take up around 3 hours of time, not 1. :)

Our drafts at the local game store take 3-4 hours depending on the number of players. This will most likely be faster due to the digital format so I'm expecting 2-3 hours ^.^

Yeah drafting generally takes 3-4 hours from start to finish; http://hextcg.com/drafting-in-hex/

But it can take one hour in hex if you rare draft and then drop ;) (not recomended :p )

Mindless
09-12-2013, 10:53 AM
A draft will take up around 3 hours of time, not 1. :)

True that 1 h might be little to little but the game is now digital and I hope that speeds things up. Also players that have been eliminated or droped might wanna start another one if they are able (honestly it would suck to wait for the whole draft to end). Regardless if its even 3 h it's not much for a game that people "want to play" (I mean... look at WoW and diablo 3) and as it said to be an MMO.

We know about the tournaments but not, as you said, about entry fees (besides draft that will be $1 for entrance if you have the packs, up to $7 if you enter empty handed)

http://hextcg.com/game/tournaments/

Nice I hadn't read that :S. My bad. I expect there to be special events/tournaments as well, maybe christmas, easter, halloween and might be things randomly tied to live-cons and other things.

LNQ
09-12-2013, 10:59 AM
well...
I do plan on holding back 1 or 2 hundred set 1 packs, to open during gencon weekend next year. So, that will limit how many packs I draft with.

The special loot tables are not provided when you OPEN the packs, they're provided depending on when you BUY the packs. So the KS packs can not contain any special GenCon rewards. Sorry to bring you the bad news.

EDIT: I was apparently wrong, sorry for the misinformation.

Gwaer
09-12-2013, 11:06 AM
The special loot tables are not provided when you OPEN the packs, they're provided depending on when you BUY the packs. So the KS packs can not contain any special GenCon rewards. Sorry to bring you the bad news.
This is wrong. The treasure chest that comes out of the packs is marked when the pack is opened. Doesn't matter when it was purchased.

Shadowelf
09-12-2013, 11:06 AM

Nope he is right; it 's when you OPEN the packs

http://www.twitch.tv/knightsoftheroundshow/b/430004874 check 1:02:00

stiii
09-12-2013, 11:16 AM

I think you'll be surprised how many people are willing to buy packs, I certainly was. In past thread discussing pack prices other people suggest they would be worth about 1.5 and I suggested that it would be more like 1. I then had a bunch of people offering to buy my packs off me at launch.

Zygon
09-12-2013, 11:23 AM
I was really poor when kickstarter came about, as I was finishing college and unemployed, so I only could afford Warrior Tier.

So unlike many of you, I'll likely be putting a lot of money into this right away, since now I'm done with school and have a stable job.

I'll probably spend about 100-150 dollar initially, buying plat and trading for packs while they're cheap, as well as tons of drafting.

After that I'll probably stick to about 50-75 dollars a month outside of VIP.

LNQ
09-12-2013, 11:25 AM
Ok, sorry to post misinformation then, and thanks for the clarification, this will definitely have an effect on my pack opening behavior.

To be honest this system doesn't really make sense, as it encourages people to just save their packs / wait for discounts, stock up and open whenever there's a special event, but it's a better deal for me as a consumer so I'm not complaining.

Rieper
09-12-2013, 11:42 AM
My budget for card gaming is set at 100$ a month(which also covers whatever hearthstone stuff i wanna buy!). But i kinda want 4x of each pvp card, that not gonna be cheap thing to do ><

The_Wine_Gnat
09-12-2013, 11:50 AM
My rule for games is that I spend $10 every 40 hours I play, even if there's nothing I want to buy. (For non-transaction-based games, I buy and gift copies. I still owe the world like 50 copies of Master of Magic and Master of Orion 2).
I bought a King tier, so Hex owes me 480 hours of Fun before I start chipping in again (clock starts as soon as I log into Alpha).
I rarely put more than 300 hours into a game in a year though.

This is a fun train of thought and a cool way to support the devs! Though, if I followed this with LoL, I think I'd be out... four figures.

Aradon
09-12-2013, 11:59 AM
3. During alpha drafting will be free... Well I guess that when beta comes online those that enjoy a draft a day or more will suddenly find themselves in need of much platinum. I find it rather easy to think that there are many people that want to draft daily.

Is this confirmed, or just speculation/rumoring at the moment? It honestly sounds too good to be true. If it is, I will become a shut-in the moment Alpha is released. Drafting, all day erry day. I don't care if I don't get to keep the cards or if I already have the cards. Seriously, free. drafts.

Also, I think I've revised my spending plan a little. Instead of drafting through my KS packs, I'll be riding my free draft-per-week for PVP for a while, and instead spend some money on plat to try and acquire a few cards I need for a specific raid deck for PvE.

Gwaer
09-12-2013, 12:49 PM
Yea. Free drafting will be a thing during alpha. But not. Right at launch. They plan on rolling out new alpha features to test pretty regularly

deception87
09-12-2013, 12:54 PM
I think my budget will be the price to construct a solid deck. And then probably another solid deck after that. I just have to remember to control myself. xD

stiii
09-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Is this confirmed, or just speculation/rumoring at the moment? It honestly sounds too good to be true. If it is, I will become a shut-in the moment Alpha is released. Drafting, all day erry day. I don't care if I don't get to keep the cards or if I already have the cards. Seriously, free. drafts.

Also, I think I've revised my spending plan a little. Instead of drafting through my KS packs, I'll be riding my free draft-per-week for PVP for a while, and instead spend some money on plat to try and acquire a few cards I need for a specific raid deck for PvE.

In alpha you won't be able to buy anything from the shop so drafts would have to be free or just not exist.

jetah
09-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Already spent a grand, that should hold me.

tautologico
09-12-2013, 03:56 PM
True that 1 h might be little to little but the game is now digital and I hope that speeds things up. Also players that have been eliminated or droped might wanna start another one if they are able (honestly it would suck to wait for the whole draft to end). Regardless if its even 3 h it's not much for a game that people "want to play" (I mean... look at WoW and diablo 3) and as it said to be an MMO.

Drafts take around 3h on Magic Online, unless they're single elimination or you drop after picking the cards. Being digital does not make it much quicker. The problem is not having 3-4h to play every week, is having a completely free block of 3-4h to play without interruption. This is harder than playing 10h a week but in 1h intervals.

Xtopher
09-12-2013, 04:15 PM
It's especially hard to find blocks of uninterrupted time at home. If you go to a store to play, most of your life doesn't intersect with the time spent at the store. At home, though, you're right in the middle of it all.

Shadowelf
09-12-2013, 04:23 PM

What they really said is alpha will be 4x card, you will be able to make decks, save decks, play against other people. That's going to be the starting point, and then slowly week after week they will continue to roll new features out, all the way up until beta (http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/31/dragoncon-2013-hextcg-pvp-design-panel/ check 0:36:05). So there is a good chance that drafts will be one of those features, but nothing is confirmed

Shrennan
09-12-2013, 05:24 PM
What they really said is alpha will be 4x card, you will be able to make decks, save decks, play against other people. That's going to be the starting point, and then slowly week after week they will continue to roll new features out, all the way up until beta (http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/31/dragoncon-2013-hextcg-pvp-design-panel/ check 0:36:05). So there is a good chance that drafts will be one of those features, but nothing is confirmed

I know it won't happen, but I wish unlimited drafting was unlocked from the get-go. I don't really want to test constructed because I want to be somewhat surprised for it come beta/release. Don't get me wrong though, I will test constructed if that's all there is to do with the initial alpha release. I'm definitely gonna play Hex when given the chance! =P

Gwaer
09-12-2013, 05:29 PM

Cory confirmed unlimited drafting to me. It's definitely happening.

Shrennan
09-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Cory confirmed unlimited drafting to me. It's definitely happening.

...Like right away? It's not going to be phased in? Ohmygosh ^_^

That's my reaction if I'm understanding you correctly. As I understood it, I knew it was happening but I thought it wasn't happening right as alpha releases. I thought it was x4 of everything --> unlimited drafting --> more features --> etc.

Gwaer
09-12-2013, 05:59 PM

x4 of everything --> unlimited drafting --> more features --> etc.

^ like that, my statement was just to counterpoint shadowelf

tautologico
09-12-2013, 06:58 PM
It's especially hard to find blocks of uninterrupted time at home. If you go to a store to play, most of your life doesn't intersect with the time spent at the store. At home, though, you're right in the middle of it all.

Exactly, with the wife & kids and everything else, sometimes it's hard to stay uninterrupted for 3-4h.

jetah
09-12-2013, 07:04 PM
get a tablet or laptop and head to starbucks!

[edit]
yeah i can't say i'd be happy to be stuck for 3 hours. maybe an hour or hour an half.

The_Wine_Gnat
09-12-2013, 07:14 PM
Exactly, with the wife & kids and everything else, sometimes it's hard to stay uninterrupted for 3-4h.

Exactly, but that's what the timers are for. Life. It happens. My other worry is getting disconnect if a lag spike happens. Curious to know if we will be able to reconnect to our games. I'd hate to leave someone hanging waiting.

Shrennan
09-12-2013, 08:04 PM
^ like that, my statement was just to counterpoint shadowelf

Oh, that's what I figured. :/

Oh, well! Unlimited drafting testing will come, and I'll just be grateful to play Hex in any form.

hex_colin
09-12-2013, 08:29 PM
...Like right away? It's not going to be phased in? Ohmygosh ^_^

That's my reaction if I'm understanding you correctly. As I understood it, I knew it was happening but I thought it wasn't happening right as alpha releases. I thought it was x4 of everything --> unlimited drafting --> more features --> etc.

Not right away. It'll be phased in as an added feature some time in Alpha...

Banquetto
09-13-2013, 04:15 AM
Four bucks a month for VIP.

Shadowelf
09-13-2013, 05:31 AM
To clarify, i never said that drafting won't be a thing in Alpha; what i said was that they talked about incorporating additional features, but they didn't officialy specify whether draft will be among them.

Anyway thanks to Gwaer and Colin for confirmation :)