PDA

View Full Version : Communication policy about international press

Karth
09-13-2013, 04:19 AM
Hello there,

I am wondering something, how Cryptozoic manage the communication with the press ? I mean there is a lot of website about videogames like IGN, Gamespot, etc. And there isn't any information about HEX on them. It's as known as a independant game. I'm from France, I'm looking french press about videogames and they never heard about HEX. There isn't any responsable (Community Manager or something else) that should contact them to reveal HEX ?

ossuary
09-13-2013, 04:49 AM
Hello there,

I am wondering something, how Cryptozoic manage the communication with the press ? I mean there is a lot of website about videogames like IGN, Gamespot, etc. And there isn't any information about HEX on them. It's as known as a independant game. I'm from France, I'm looking french press about videogames and they never heard about HEX. There isn't any responsable (Community Manager or something else) that should contact them to reveal HEX ?

Hello and welcome. :)

The game is still in a pre-alpha state at this point. It had a successful Kickstarter campaign a couple of months ago, which got them the funds they need to finish up the game. Right now, they are focusing mostly on the programming and design of the game; they haven't hired any community managers or public relations-type positions yet. I expect they will ramp up to those sorts of things in the coming months, as the release of the game gets closer and they are able to afford time and money for non-design areas of the business. At that time, I'm sure their focus will shift to getting the word out to a wider audience, and communicating with the major game sites in the US and internationally.

Shadowelf
09-13-2013, 06:29 AM
Don't worry, it is in their plans, so it will definately happen. Just give them some time :)

Not to worry Fireblast, our CTO just spent the last 3 weeks in Europe; we will have major support announcements coming as we get closer to Alpha

We are a global company (we just had WOW TCG EUCC in Prague this weekend) and I am sure we will have a presence at upcoming events around the world, maybe not this year (we are pretty focused on HEX) but next year is very likely, plus we are putting some big plans in place for support of EU and the rest of world, we should have something to announce soonish