PDA

View Full Version : Trading for Hearthstone key

Xtopher
09-13-2013, 10:37 AM
I'd be willing to trade some Hex boosters once beta hits in exchange for a Hearthstone beta key. Just PM me if you're interested and we can work out the details.

I realize this kind of agreement isn't for everyone (I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today), so no worries if this goes nowhere.

The_Wine_Gnat
09-13-2013, 10:46 AM
I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today

This is killing me. What is that line from?

MoikPEI
09-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Popeye

Xtopher
09-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Yeah, it was the character Wimpy from Popeye.

Gwaer
09-13-2013, 03:42 PM
No one bit on my offer to trade gax and portensio for one either =(

gosulity
09-13-2013, 05:29 PM
Check your pms for Hearthstone key. Also if anybody is interested in, I'm open to any hex booster trades for my hearthstone keys (2)

Xtopher
09-13-2013, 06:13 PM
gosulity, sent you an e-mail.

Broddr
09-13-2013, 07:06 PM
sent as well, am curious on hearthstone

Ennarian
09-13-2013, 09:26 PM
Hearthstone will be out soon enough. No reason to go trading things for it now. Blizzard is probably watching Hex like a hawk, waiting for a release date so they can drop Hearthstone's open beta (if they're planning one) or Hearthstone live. You can play both games, without losing anything, with a bit of patience.

Gwaer
09-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Hearthstone will be out soon enough. No reason to go trading things for it now. Blizzard is probably watching Hex like a hawk, waiting for a release date so they can drop Hearthstone's open beta (if they're planning one) or Hearthstone live. You can play both games, without losing anything, with a bit of patience.
This guy has it right, IMO. Will have Hex in less than a month. No sense dropping hundreds of bucks on a HS beta.

Cotton
09-13-2013, 09:49 PM
Ill offer 20 boosters?

Xtopher
09-13-2013, 11:34 PM
This guy has it right, IMO. Will have Hex in less than a month. No sense dropping hundreds of bucks on a HS beta.
Didn't realize they were worth so much. Well, my offer was way too low then, so I can just be patient.

Gwaer
09-13-2013, 11:38 PM
Didn't realize they were worth so much. Well, my offer was way too low then, so I can just be patient.
They aren't worth that much, that's just what people are paying. =)

Armies
09-14-2013, 02:31 AM
economics theory says something is worth what someone is willing to pay.

Xenavire
09-14-2013, 03:17 AM
Yes, but perceived worth often differs from actual worth. From what I can tell, Hearthstone keys are perceived to very valuable because access is so limited etc, but the general consensus from people that are playing is that the keys are much less valuable because the game is not interesting or compelling enough.

Especially when you need to buy boosters after buying your key, just to progress.

Gulbech
09-14-2013, 06:23 AM
Suddenly slacker backer looks like an amazing deal, you get both alpha and beta access and tor money back in stuff. Funny how many are die hard blizzard fans.

Mashidar
09-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Yeah I'm really excited for Hex, as much as Hearthstone looks like it's fun I feel for myself who enjoys a more detailed fleshed out game that the boosters and rare cards from the kickstarter in hex will pay out and open beta will be rather soon I'm sure. All I was offering for a beta key was a beta key to Dawngate. :) I look forward to the Alpha of Hex. :)

jetah
09-14-2013, 10:55 AM
I would love to see Blizzard's quarterly income report for HS..

Xtopher
09-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Well, I received no response to my offer, so I figure it must have been ridiculously low. I should have done my research first, I guess.

Shrennan
09-14-2013, 06:56 PM
Yes, but perceived worth often differs from actual worth. From what I can tell, Hearthstone keys are perceived to very valuable because access is so limited etc, but the general consensus from people that are playing is that the keys are much less valuable because the game is not interesting or compelling enough.

Especially when you need to buy boosters after buying your key, just to progress.

I think a huge mistake that Blizzard made is that HS cards are not tradeable. That inherently reduces any value the HS cards could have had to zero. It's also why I don't see HS as a threat to Hex - they are going after different audiences. I also think Hex is going to be way better, but that's my own personal opinion and bias! =P

HyenaNipples
09-14-2013, 07:52 PM
It's also 50% of the game that Hex is. Only playing on your own turn means half the time you aren't playing at all.

Shrennan
09-14-2013, 08:04 PM
It's also 50% of the game that Hex is. Only playing on your own turn means half the time you aren't playing at all.

Yeah. Honestly? I can see myself playing HS, but only as a fun distraction. Hex is where I'll get my TCG needs (and my MMO needs, honestly).

Badger
09-14-2013, 08:26 PM
I was of this opinion too. But now that I have played it I loove it. Hearthstone is so fun and full of action. Maybe after 3 weeks solid it becomes a bit repetitive but it is a great product. Yeah you can't do anything on their turn, but that's why it is so good. They made a small sacrifice for a large gain.
Hex is such a different product from hearthstone. I'm looking forward to playing both (but mainly hex).
Hearthstone arena is sooooo fun

BongoBong
09-14-2013, 08:41 PM

In Hex you still are only playing half the time. The turn system is different allowing you to react to their plays directly, which is great, but you aren't actually playing the same time they are.

HyenaNipples
09-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Then I think we are working with two different definitions of the verb "play."

Dynark
09-15-2013, 04:59 AM
Its a great game for "brain, switch on your autopilot".

It is like a warcraft 3 funmap - cant take it too seriously (except the one exception of course) but its really fun.
Someone who says "I am one of the top 5% Heartstoneplayers" I would offer a "Congratulations" - A hex top 5% player I would kneel and praise him.

Well ... kinda ;-)

gosulity
09-15-2013, 07:18 AM
I'm letting people try out Hearthstone for Hex booster donations. If you are interested in, here is the forum link to the appropriate topic

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27532&p=293874#post293874

Urimagination
09-15-2013, 07:45 PM
I was in this situation where i was after a key for Heathstone, as i wanted to play a TCG (well a CCG)

Someone wanted $150. Glad i was shown this game and spend $50 supporting what i feel will be a better game which im looking forward to. Now i can drop the other $100 if need be on boosters when the game comes out

Xtopher
09-15-2013, 10:24 PM
I think spending $150 on a beta key is crazy, but when you have millions of people that play WoW who potentially want to try Hearthstone, you're going to find people willing to pay that much.