PDA

View Full Version : Keep Defense Decks

Norious
09-13-2013, 11:07 AM
anyone discuss this yet?

I would love any theories in regards to this feature of the game. What are good ideas to develop a deck to man your keeps defenses?

_ I am assuming your deck is run by the AI, so other players attack you even when you are offline. So more luck is involved and more planning with that in mind

Because your deck is run by an AI - decision making cards such as Mind Games, Sphinx, etc. are not as valuable in a successful defense strategy.. What else do we need to consider? How are you going to protect your keep?

Armies
09-13-2013, 11:14 AM
depends on how it ends up working, not sure if the full details have been released, we know you setup 3 decks to defend your keep with but we don't know the restrictions of these decks, are these full pve equipped decks, do the lotuses reset for each player trying to fight off the computer. When we know these answers it will be easier to make choices, plus we barely have any pve cards spoiled yet.

jaxsonbatemanhex
09-17-2013, 09:38 PM
I will say this:

With what we have currently seen from the PvE side of the game, you'd want keeps to either be able to pilot combo decks well, or to have mechanics that defend well against them. I'm personally wary about making keep defense decks myself for this reason - if combo decks aren't accounted for well enough, the attacker has an extreme advantage.

Knightwyvern
09-18-2013, 10:38 AM
A feature that would be super cool as part of keep defense (I feel, others may not, let me know) would be a replay option for those AI keep defense games. I feel this would be nice in 2 different yet connected ways.

Firstly, I'd enjoy anticipation of looking forward to logging on again to watch how my carefully constructed defense decks have done, or even watch an attack play out as I order it. This could be a cool little bonus spectator type feel to the game, along with spectating PvP. Additionally, this would give us the opportunity to observe where a deck may have gone wrong in order to improve it for next time.

Thoughts?

MMO_Unforgiven
10-07-2013, 09:04 AM
I also think it would be very cool to be able to watch your matches that you may have missed while being offline. This could give you the chance to really see first hand the way your decks are being managed by the AI. We will all have an idea how "We" would play the decks, but we don't know how the AI will be playing. I am also not sure how the back end systems would have to work to be able to record those matches and store them for you. I can see that taking up a lot of space somewhere. I guess that's just something we'll have to hear from the tech gurus.