PDA

View Full Version : Multiple account VIPs

Purpherb
09-13-2013, 11:08 AM
I read that VIP will not stack. So a player cannot buy 10 VIPs per month to get all of those cheap booster packs. But is there anything preventing people from making multiple accounts and just trading the cards or booster packs to their main account. It really wouldn't be that much work to do it and it would cost you half as less as buying booster packs.

Sry if this is everyone's hidden plan.

ossuary
09-13-2013, 11:10 AM
They have stated that a single person possessing multiple VIP accounts through any means is against the terms of service, and they will be able to track suspicious activity (such as, for example, dummy accounts that just send all of their packs to a main account). They will not allow this behavior.

Quasari
09-13-2013, 11:11 AM
The main thing I've heard is one credit card is only allowed one VIP subscription. They'll probably be checking accounts if all they do is transfer VIP packs to another account too.

Shadowelf
09-13-2013, 11:15 AM
VIP stacks in the case of KS for all tiers above champion;

- We will give you three VIP months per qualifying tier, so if you have 3 sets you will get 9 months (update #11 http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts?page=7)

it doesn't stack in the case of SB though

I have contacted cze about slacker backer and vip and this what they sent me

Thank you for your patience. We apologize for the length in response time.

1) You can combine the accounts, but the extra VIP membership does not stack.
2) There is no limit on the number of Slacker Backers you want to purchase.
3) See answer #1… the VIP membership does not stack. Meaning you would still only get 2 months of VIP membership if you purchased 3x Slacker Backer

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. Thank you for your continued support!

-Cryptozoic Team

Reason

We've also received a lot of questions from backers worried that players will game the system, opening multiple accounts to stack VIP Program booster packs. This program is intended to be one-per-player as a cool way to let our community access some packs at a discount and get some sweet bonus stuff. But, we do understand that there will always be a small percentage of players who are always looking to game the system. Members on our team have dealt with this within digital TCGs for years, tracking this specific type of activity. So, we're aware of this issue and have team members, as well as powerful analytical tools to determine when this is occurring.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/hex-mmo-trading-card-game/posts?page=8

ol4ever
09-13-2013, 11:48 AM
I think a good way to prevent people from keeping various accounts is to make different VIP plans for example:
paying $4 you get 1 booster per week,
maybe paying $10 you get 2 boosters per week
or $50 you get a booster a day.
with price/booster increasing the more boosters you get to keep the auction prices controlled.

HellFro
09-13-2013, 06:54 PM
I don't need it, but I'm not against this idea...

jetah
09-13-2013, 10:22 PM
prepaid credit cards are cheap. I'm not sure if Visa/MC still has that temporary credit card numbers, but that'd work too.

We have to look at bulk VIP from both the consumer and the developer POV.

as a consumer, yes, i want dirt cheap packs. as a developer I want msrp for packs.

CZE said they will not offer box prices but has the VIP system.

Maphalux
09-14-2013, 08:11 AM
I wouldn't recommend people try this at all. Two dollar boosters are dirt cheap as it is and you can almost rest assured you will be able to buy packs for less on the AH. Honestly, if someone is so greedy that this is not enough they deserve the ban hammer they will inevitably get smacked with.

Prepaid credit cards and the vast majority of checking accounts that issue credit debit cards have service fees every month. A person would still end up paying 2 bucks per booster if they went that route trying to do VIP on prepaids or visa check cards. Only instead of that money going entirely to CZE or back into the game economy (where it should go), they'd be paying half to the card issuer.

The likely scenario is someone who tries to do this has 3 or 4 genuine credit cards. A person is going to risk their account, cards, possibly KS drafts and swag on 12 bucks? Really? I don't think that is worth it.

Even if someone had 10 CCs, it is still only an extra 9 dollars a week that person is saving. Is 36 bucks a month really worth it? Furthermore, if someone has that many credit cards it means they make enough money that the banks would be willing to issue that much credit in the first place. That person can afford to pay normal price so why go through the trouble and risk?

It is going to be obvious and traceable when dummy accounts are funneling VIP packs to a main account since each booster has a unique ID number and CZE has already made it clear they will track and punish this behavior. I wouldn't bet on avoiding detection by playing a little PvE on those accounts. Ultimately, that account still shows a VIP sub that is getting sent to another account that also has a VIP sub.

TL;DR: Don't try it. It isn't worth it. If you do try it, enjoy your inevitable ban over a couple bucks a month.

havocattack
09-14-2013, 09:10 AM
Amen