PDA

View Full Version : Card Preview - Elite Battle Tech and Slaughtergear Renegade War Factory

Shaqattaq
09-13-2013, 11:35 AM
by Mike Rosenberg

HEX fans who have been following along with each preview since May may recognize this little fella.

http://hextcg.com/card-previews-september-13th/

RandomWitness
09-13-2013, 11:43 AM
More cool tools for dwarf artifact decks? Sweet!

6 resources for a 1/2 that summons 2 more defensive 1/1 seems really over costed even with the ability to tap other creatures. Albeit you need it alive and 2 other artifact creatures so that cost in it self is pretty steep as well. Guess if you are going REALLY deep into artifacts in a draft this could be right up your ally.

The Slaughtergear is hot though. Turing those 1/1s into 5/5 crush creatures would be awesome! And is a 3/6 body by itself, depending on how good artifact decks are in limited this could definitely be a first pick card

Westane
09-13-2013, 12:03 PM
For PvP I'm overwhelmed by meh... More fun for my Dwarf Raid deck though.

MoikPEI
09-13-2013, 12:09 PM
My reaction to the Slaughtergear and its Equipment was the kind of thing where your eyes go wide and your head pulls back from the monitor. Like the Surprise meme face, but without the five mile neck. The +2/Must Attack is an evocative mental image.

RCDv57
09-13-2013, 12:34 PM
If a creature with Defensive and Rage blocks, would it get the ragebuff?

__X__
09-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Rage = When this troop attacks...

Maphalux
09-13-2013, 12:38 PM
What I find interesting about the images is that Slaughtergear has the rare coloring instead of the token coloring. Does that mean Slaughtergear is one of the rares in the PvP set?

The_Wine_Gnat
09-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Rage = When this creature attacks...

So no, since they would be defending?

__X__
09-13-2013, 12:39 PM
So no, since they would be defending?

Correct. Attacking is not defending.

Erebus
09-13-2013, 12:43 PM
What I find interesting about the images is that Slaughtergear has the rare coloring instead of the token coloring. Does that mean Slaughtergear is one of the rares in the PvP set?

Yes Slaughtergear is a PVP card in the set. However, Elite Battle Tech's pve equipment allows you to create a copy of it as well.

Kilo24
09-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Yes Slaughtergear is a PVP card in the set. However, Elite Battle Tech's pve equipment allows you to create a copy of it as well.
Worker Bot Factory's legendary trinket lets you transform it into Slaughtergear by exhausting 13 Robots too.

Edswor
09-13-2013, 01:09 PM
Looks cool the cards but it seems they will be most useful in PVE as the equipment are a must in this cards for their cost.

SacrificialToast
09-13-2013, 01:53 PM
That Battle Tech is just way too fragile for 6 mana, even with the effect. He should have at least 1 more toughness to not just die to a 1 resource Burn spell, or create a pair of Warbots instead of Worker Bots.

Leingod
09-13-2013, 03:05 PM
Loving the slaughtergear and I'd expect at least one in most arti/dwarf decks, even in constructed. The other guy I don't think I'd play in limited or constructed though. Just too fragile at 6 mana. Maybe if he was a 1/4 or something.

Mathaw
09-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Coooool.

Grimthorn
09-14-2013, 08:33 AM
The article states:

The PVE equipment attached to Elite Battle Tech makes his effect much more interesting. With the Tactician’s Glove, the Battle Tech rewards you for locking down low powered troops. These can be the opponent’s troops, or it can even be the Battle Tech itself if you have no other targets in order to create more Worker Bots.

However the Tactician’s Glove states in the 'opposing troop'. So doe the image need re-wording? Or the article?