PDA

View Full Version : Q: Sapphire Aura

The_Wine_Gnat
09-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Sapphire Aura (http://www.hex-datamine.com/card.php?c=273)

If your opponent attacks one of your troops and you play this, does the addition of "flight" stop them from attacking your troop? This is assuming their troop is also non-flight, hence non able to target flying troops. Thoughts?

edit: On that same note, if this does stop them from attacking your troop, does their troop still stay exhausted? I'm assuming yes.

the_artic_one
09-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Attacking in Hex works like Magic the Gathering, you can't attack troops like in wowtcg. If you block an attacker then play Sapphire Aura, the blocking troop will still take damage the same as if you blocked with a troop that had flying to begin with.

RECHiD
09-13-2013, 09:02 PM
^

You attack players, not troops. So I go to my attack step, and choose to attack my opponent with a 2/2 and a 3/3. They have the option to block with any non-exhausted troops that are legal (ie my 2/2 has flight, the opponent could only block it with another troop with flight.) If they block, the troops fight each other like any card game. Any unblocked troops deal their damage to the opponent.

eimerian
09-19-2013, 04:21 AM
What if you attack with a non-flying troop, the opponent designates one of his troops to block and then you play sapphire aura on your troop?
I assume your troop will deal damage, but the designated blocker remains tapped.

jaxsonbatemanhex
09-19-2013, 05:32 AM
Blocking doesn't cause a troop to exhaust. And if the rules work like Magic - and it's assumed they will in this case - then giving a troop evasion after its been blocked won't interfere with combat. So both troops would still deal damage to each other in your example.

Basically, flight only matters at the moment blockers are declared.