PDA

View Full Version : Comic book faithful prepare to cry.

Ofiach
09-15-2013, 01:16 AM
So this isn't about HEX but being a TCG community we've all spent time in comic/hobby shops and probably have a love of those as well. Feel free to move this post wherever I just didn't see a "random" section on the forums.

Those of you who are Batman faithful will probably want to be sitting down or wait to read this at home so your coworkers don't see you crying like a baby. Bieber is the new Robin in the upcoming Superman movie and Ben Affleck is Batman. I got linked a tweet about Beiber saying he's the new Robin about 20 mins ago and my tears just now dried up.

HyenaNipples
09-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Beiber as Robin?

Genius.

Half the world would pay money to see Beiber in hotpants, and the other half of the world would pay money to see people beat the crap out of him. As Robin, both will happen simultaneously.

Billions will be made.

keldrin
09-15-2013, 01:53 AM
there has GOT to be a lot of beating to make me want to watch it.

Shadowelf
09-15-2013, 02:03 AM

Lol yeah. On the other hand i don't like Affleck as Batman either (after Keaton/Bale), so i'll probably skip watching the movie to save myself from all the drama :)

Xtopher
09-15-2013, 02:04 AM
Strangely, on the scale of unhappiness, I'm less unhappy about Bieber than I am about Affleck. I would have thought Joseph Gordon-Levitt was a shoe-in for Robin, though. Maybe he's too old or didn't want to do it.

HyenaNipples
09-15-2013, 02:14 AM
Beiber as Robin.

Miley Cyrus as Harley Quinn (Joker is locked away).

Ben Afflek as Batman.

Mark Wallburg as Superman.

Kristen Stewart as Brainiac.

Channing Tatum as Martian Manhunter.

Movie of the Century.

Ofiach
09-15-2013, 02:48 AM
Beiber as Robin.

Miley Cyrus as Harley Quinn (Joker is locked away).

Ben Afflek as Batman.

Mark Wallburg as Superman.

Kristen Stewart as Brainiac.

Channing Tatum as Martian Manhunter.

Movie of the Century.

FACE -> DESK; over and over again

Honestly between Affleck and Bieber it's like choosing whats worse between burning to death or drowning.

I can already see the line for this movie, middle aged neckbeards who have to watch every superhero movie no matter how bad it is, and preteens singing Bieber songs. My brain hurts imagining this.

Xenavire
09-15-2013, 03:29 AM
Eh, I gave up on it the minute I heard superman. They haven't done anything intelligent with superman in a few decades, so I instantly assume anything new with superman is going to be crap.

Hearing the actors only confirmed it for me.

ossuary
09-15-2013, 03:46 AM
This is what we get for allowing YouTube to exist. This is our punishment.

Xenavire
09-15-2013, 06:03 AM
This is what we get for allowing YouTube to exist. This is our punishment.

Youtube was fine, once upon a time. It is what it has turned into that we should be ashamed of.

keroko
09-15-2013, 06:52 AM
i'd let bieber adopt me; i'd be his carl rove.
kids strung out though these days it seems, growing himself a 'im 16 and havent shaved yet because my parents are awful' moustache.

he has enough money to shape world outcomes. he's a tool.

(beat up cute guys is a strange fetish, all mr. slave and such - but bieber regularly needs a slap for general idiocy)

Shadowspawn
09-15-2013, 07:06 AM
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/09/no-justin-bieber-probably-isnt-playing-robin/69413/

seems like a hoax (oh please let it be)

Ofiach
09-15-2013, 07:20 AM
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/09/no-justin-bieber-probably-isnt-playing-robin/69413/

seems like a hoax (oh please let it be)

God I hope so. Someone should really go shoot Bieber if this was just a joke. My inner nerd cried for hours over this.

mainstager
09-15-2013, 07:32 AM
Beiber as Robin?

Genius.

Half the world would pay money to see Beiber in hotpants, and the other half of the world would pay money to see people beat the crap out of him. As Robin, both will happen simultaneously.

Billions will be made.

This

ol4ever
09-15-2013, 07:37 AM
If they kill robin, maybe its worth watching.
But damn why spoil such a good movie?

Punk
09-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms, yo.

ossuary
09-15-2013, 07:49 AM
Youtube was fine, once upon a time. It is what it has turned into that we should be ashamed of.

YouTube is directly responsible for Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black, and Lady Gaga. Case closed and/or repent. :)

Xintia
09-15-2013, 08:40 AM
I think you could hold it at least partially responsible for Courtney Stodden too. :p

keroko
09-15-2013, 08:46 AM
....(youtube)It is what it has turned into that we should be ashamed of.

every generation says that every time it gets old, you are seeing change, it can appear as decay from a static perspective.

(and you blasted *hugs* mods better not move this post, its in a thread about damn-ned bee-bar)

great stuff from youtube, its not all fame seek:

http://youtu.be/BTsdaieoWpE

Ofiach
09-15-2013, 09:08 AM
I agree with keroko. It isn't all bad! Where else can you see annoying skaters getting knocked out by 300 pound security guards?

EDIT: I actually thought the first Man of Steel from earlier this year wasn't terrible.(considering its a superman movie) Just seems like anyone who tries to tackle Superman always makes incredibly horrible decisions in cast and writing.

Mr.Funsocks
09-15-2013, 09:48 AM
Seeing as how Superman is a boring-ass character, I would expect most movies about him to be terrible.

HyenaNipples
09-15-2013, 10:54 AM
Yeah, Superman movies only have two types of climax.

A) Superman must lift something that's heavier than anything else he has lifted in the movie, thus resulting in him grunting and vein-popping till it finally moves.

B) Look out! Green rock!

ossuary
09-15-2013, 12:18 PM
I actually thought the first Man of Steel from earlier this year wasn't terrible.(considering its a superman movie) Just seems like anyone who tries to tackle Superman always makes incredibly horrible decisions in cast and writing.

It also suffered from a major Hollywood affliction of the last 10 years or so, "it's not a summer movie unless the fate of the world hangs in the balance" syndrome... leaving nowhere for the sequel to go. The first movie in a series (ESPECIALLY an origin story) is supposed to be about establishing a dynasty, not blowing up the world (yawn).

XagoTrunk
09-15-2013, 12:33 PM
How dumb do you have to be to actually believe they would cast beiber as robin...

Avedecus
09-15-2013, 12:56 PM
I don't know why Affleck gets so much hate. We already have one actor who bounced back from a bad super hero movie and did fantastic the second time around (Evans as Cpt. America). Besides, he can't possibly be worse than Bale.

OrpheusOverdrive
09-15-2013, 05:06 PM
Strangely, on the scale of unhappiness, I'm less unhappy about Bieber than I am about Affleck. I would have thought Joseph Gordon-Levitt was a shoe-in for Robin, though. Maybe he's too old or didn't want to do it.

Wouldn't Gordon-Levitt be Nightwing and skip the whole Robin thing completely.

Ofiach
09-15-2013, 05:23 PM
I don't know why Affleck gets so much hate. We already have one actor who bounced back from a bad super hero movie and did fantastic the second time around (Evans as Cpt. America). Besides, he can't possibly be worse than Bale.

Capt America got an amazing second chance. Joss Whedon can make any actor look good. The guy is amazing. Also IMO Affleck is just a terrible actor in any role besides that of a stoner.

How dumb do you have to be to actually believe they would cast beiber as robin...

It would be a smart move from a ticket sales perspective. There are alot more retarded preteens out there than the Superman/Batman fans they would alienate. They wouldn't need a script to sell tickets if the Clown Princess of Canada was in the movie. Preteens would watch the movie over and over and over. Do you not remember the mindless retard rush for Titanic?

vickrpg
09-15-2013, 06:14 PM
*Incoming sarcasm*
How dare they tarnish the flawless reputation of Amazingly Good Batman and Robin movies?

DreamPuppet
09-15-2013, 08:46 PM
I thought the whole bieber robin thing was just another social media hoax like the twerking chick on fire from kimmel.

The_Wine_Gnat
09-16-2013, 12:38 AM
*Incoming sarcasm*
How dare they tarnish the flawless reputation of Amazingly Good Batman and Robin movies?

Those of us who lack a sense of sarcasm thank you.

keroko
09-16-2013, 07:59 AM
the world IS all going to hell. syria is joining the intl chemical weapons treaty (which means we'll drag his ass to the Hague?) and justin bieber has defiled gotham in tight lycra.

but at least he's bigger than arnold swartzeneggar (or however its spelled).

ben might not be bad as batman... i guess. he's too smiley, he has oddly shaped sides to his mouth that move about when he intonates emphatically, or tries to be sexy on cam or whatever. highly disconcerting, makes one furrow the brow in a distaste or mild repulsion. smarmy, ya smarmy - ben affleck is too smarmy to play batman.

but he can pretend (except the mouth). he's special friends with what's his face too. um, yes matt damon. they were good in good omens a long time ago (TP+NG) i thought. but again smarmy.

like their very satisfied with their successes and it radiates from their faces, but in a slimy swamp beast kind of way.

Lafoote
09-16-2013, 05:09 PM

Years ago, this is how we felt about "Fight Club". That turned out to be a pretty epic film.

keroko
09-17-2013, 09:17 AM
http://youtu.be/m8BaVKUoUGo

dunno. maybe. the mouth..