PDA

View Full Version : Taking Hex Booster donations for Hearthstone Account

gosulity
09-15-2013, 07:17 AM
Greetings everybody o/

First of all, I'm not sure if this is allowed or not in this forum section but I could not find an offtopic where I could open this thread. If it is not allowed, please notify me and I will delete my post.

I'm very hyped about Hex and planning to dedicate quite a lot of my time to the game. However, I was not able to get into kickstarter and I had to settle with Slacker Backer. Since I'm planning to play competitively, I need some income at the start of the game and that is why I came up with the solution ;

I have 2 Hearthstone Accounts (not keys) and I'm willing to let you test the game for some Hex Boosters as donation. The more you donate, the more you can play (as days). King Tier is a must and the priority will be given to the person with higher tier, and forum post.

For a start, I'll accept 7 boosters for 5 days of gameplay.

There is only one rule to follow when you got the account:

No disenchanting unless you want to disenchant a card you earned and no crafting unless you earned your own dusts.

Schedule :
Both of the account will be available on 28/09 Saturday Morning 08:00 GMT+2

Feel free to pm me if you wish to get more info.

keroko
09-15-2013, 08:51 AM
you want reusable permanents for something temporal on the stack as a beta?

you want people to xp your account and for the pleasure of doing so they need to pay you?

perhaps I am missing something?

Rendakor
09-15-2013, 08:53 AM
This is also against the Hearthstone EULA/TOS, so you're risking getting your account(s) over there banned.

gosulity
09-15-2013, 09:01 AM
Yes, I think you are missing quite a lot of things.

All the improvements will be wiped when the beta ends, so there is no reason to make any progress. The only thing you gain by playing beta is learning the game, being ready for the release and learn how to draft (Arena) and playtest constructed if you will play competitively.

People are selling keys for 200$+ and there is no guarantee if you will love the game or how long the beta will last. It is already temporal. Also if you try to buy a key, there is a great chance that you will be scammed. Here, I'm offering something very open to me being scammed. Nobody is paying me upfront, I'm just asking for donations when the game goes live from *kickstarters* which already got cheap stuff. I think that is a fair deal if you want to try Hearthstone in beta which is a pretty hard to get into.

keroko
09-15-2013, 09:04 AM
this stinks of chargebacks - advise do not touch with paypal. that's what you might be well thinking if you saw an auction.

you want permanent stuff for beta access. I have a huge problem with this.

ok so we've given up on the whole from marketing to testing expectations for what a closed / public beta is - its simply a early play session now for most.

the accounts you receive as a courtesy to assist testing as a fan are not salable items. additionally, they are temporally bound. they evaporate after a time.

you are attempting to negotiate sale of temporal limited access to your data via third party channels. you cannot just setup shop on a street and resell gap goods you got for free on promo because your a model outside their stores.

how good do you believe hearthstone to be?

with the upmost respect sir, you be tripping balls.

i have a better idea - give me one hex common and I won't make a fake slackbacked account I'll collapse for the specific purpose of entrapping you for report to the poor folks trying to test hearthstone.

gosulity
09-15-2013, 09:15 AM
I have no idea what's your problem at all. People are asking for Hearthstone access and even paying for it in $. Also there is a topic on this very same forum that offers boosters for it. I'm not asking for money and I'm not selling anything. What I'm basicly doing is offering a taste of gameplay for donations only as hex boosters.

If you dont like it or think it is stupid to give stuff for beta access, that is your opinions sir and I respect it. However, you should also respect the people who give stuff to get access to betas. I have already paid 50$ just to get into beta of this game just like the rest of slacker backers.

Xtopher
09-15-2013, 10:48 AM
I think it's a fair exchange. I want to try Hearthstone and I'm just spinning my mental wheels until Hex comes out. A promise of 7 boosters later, for five days of gameplay now seems reasonable and Sulity is the one taking all the risk, since those boosters won't be coming in for a few months.

Daer
09-15-2013, 01:53 PM
PM sent

Punk
09-15-2013, 02:40 PM
I'm not asking for money and I'm not selling anything. What I'm basicly doing is offering a taste of gameplay for donations only as hex boosters.

You are basically selling limited-time access to one of your accounts for Hex boosters. Just because both values are arbitrary, and you slap a "donations" label on it, doesn't change what this is.

Sell (sl)
v. sold (sld), sell·ing, sells
v.tr.
1. To exchange or deliver for money or its equivalent.

Do·na·tion (d-nshn)
n.
1. The act of giving to a fund or cause.
2. A gift or grant.

Kitt_
09-15-2013, 02:53 PM
I'd only give boosters for a permanent access. 7 boosters for 5 days? That's like asking someone to pay $28 for 5 days of play time (if you go by booster pack costs for real life cards). No thanks. Especially if you have restrictions for it. Im willing to give 7 boosters for a key (if keys are given and not just via battle.net accounts). I'm itching for a TCG game that's not MTG online where there's really no way to earn boosters outside of being really good at the game (which I'm not *sad face*)

Hibbert
09-15-2013, 02:55 PM
I would normally say people offering to sell beta accounts/access to beta accounts(who aren't the game developers themselves) are scammers. In this case, the OP is just opening himself up to being scammed. He/she has no recourse if the person promises them a dozen packs, plays a few games of Hearthstone, reports the account to Blizzard for ToS violations, and finally stiffs them on the promised packs.

Hearthstone will probably be in open beta within a month or so. I don't understand why people THAT excited for Hearthstone wouldn't rather save their cash for buying some stuff in the game itself.

Xtopher
09-15-2013, 04:21 PM
Sometimes, people like myself want to try something immediately and can afford to do so. With my kickstarter, the value of a booster is very, very low to me, so 7 boosters to try a game is a very tiny amount in dollars. Especially when you consider I'll be getting 160 boosters every year for free.

Showsni
09-15-2013, 04:50 PM
So, you're renting out your account? Is that within Blizzard's ToS?

Xtopher
09-15-2013, 07:02 PM
nevermind

gosulity
09-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Well this will be the last time I'll do an explanation, I'm sorry.

> I could have easily sold the keys for 200$ each which I did not.

> I would have asked money for renting the accounts which I did not. I specificly ask the people for their kickstarter tier because they got cheap and extra boosters.

> I'm doing this because I could not buy a kickstarter package and there is no way to get it atm. I want to play Hex competitively but I can not afford to buy a lot of booster at the start. Slacker Backer gives only 25boosters which is not sufficiant for me.

> From what I have read on the forums, Hex Boosters will be 2$ on the shop and the market price will be between 1$-1.5$ because of VIP. So the real vale of the 7 boosters will be 10$ tops if you were to buy them directly from AH.

I do not understand why this bothers a lot of people. A lot of people are *selling* tons of beta keys and there is a market for it. A lot of people offered to buy my keys via pms but I did not sell them. I know it is not legit but what is wrong with it if both sides are happy ?

Urimagination
09-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Well this will be the last time I'll do an explanation, I'm sorry.

> I could have easily sold the keys for 200$ each which I did not.

>

You should have done this and you could have bought a lot of boosters

Nicalapegus
09-16-2013, 01:16 AM
Yes, I think you are missing quite a lot of things.

All the improvements will be wiped when the beta ends, so there is no reason to make any progress.

I think you are missing quite a lot. No, everything isn't getting wiped when Beta ends. Well, it is, but you get a gold equivalent to what you had during beta.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/10639928/hearthstone-closed-beta-test-begins-8-16-2013

Also yes, this is basically paying you to powerlevel your account. This reeks of scam. And 7 boosters for 5 days of playtime on an account which isn't even mine? You're asking 14 dollars (essentially) for renting a game which is in Beta. And on top of that, renting it to powerlevel YOUR account.

Please don't involve yourself in this peeps.

kvich
09-16-2013, 02:37 AM
Yes everything is getting wipe partway through beta. And you only get the gold if you spend real money not other things you earned during it

majin
09-16-2013, 03:03 AM
Yes everything is getting wipe partway through beta. And you only get the gold if you spend real money not other things you earned during it

yup, beta will have a wipe

Players who purchased card packs or Arena entry with real money prior to the collection wipe will be credited back with an equivalent amount of gold following the wipe, which can be used to re-purchase packs and/or Arena entry to re-establish their collection. These packs will not contain the same configuration of cards as the packs acquired previous to the collection reset.

Mindless
09-16-2013, 06:05 AM
I don't see the point in saying this is a scam. Even if it can be considered powerleveling some other account he is still giving what he states. He is lending heartstone and no one should expect anything more. It's like playing on someones account on any MMO or even being a stand in in any type of game. It people are willing to pay for this its up to them. A scam is where you are offered something and then not given it at all. I'm willing to give some boosters, i can afford it, if I'm able to play heartstone little earlier than other people cause of the mightest reason of all: I want to.

The problem I see is the arena. However in my opinion it have problems on its own. I think blizzard will make a fortune on it, the problem comes when people have spend to much on it, as it can easily be more expensive than any monthly fee. This I see as a problem for hex as well, I would want a random game mode that doesn't cost money or boosters.

When it comes to playing the arena on a borrowed account as long as you know that you give more it is okay or else you can probably work out a deal with gosulity. He is easy to talk too.

Hemotherapy
09-16-2013, 06:55 AM
Just incase it hasn't been brought up, unless you're "selling" or "donating" becareful, blizzard monitors log in patterns and locations that you log in at...I've been sharing my account with my IRL BFF and he lives in NJ I'm in TX. The first night we did it my account got locked and I had to reset my password. Nothing else has happend since but I'm assuming they could potentially ban me if they wanted to?

Food for thought!

EntropyBall
09-16-2013, 10:17 AM
with the upmost respect sir, you be tripping balls.

This made my day.

Keroko, I have read tons of your posts, and was always under the impression that they went through Google Translate first, since they often just seemed to use slightly strange word choices, but there is no way that sentence came out of a translator.

Xtopher
09-16-2013, 11:31 AM
I think you are missing quite a lot. No, everything isn't getting wiped when Beta ends. Well, it is, but you get a gold equivalent to what you had during beta.

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/10639928/hearthstone-closed-beta-test-begins-8-16-2013

Also yes, this is basically paying you to powerlevel your account. This reeks of scam. And 7 boosters for 5 days of playtime on an account which isn't even mine? You're asking 14 dollars (essentially) for renting a game which is in Beta. And on top of that, renting it to powerlevel YOUR account.

Please don't involve yourself in this peeps.
In his defense, I've chatted with him and he seems like a nice, earnest guy, that would like more Hex boosters when he starts Hex. There's nothing nefarious going on, IMO. My impression is he could not care less what happens with Hearthstone; Hex is his primary concern.

jetah
09-16-2013, 05:56 PM
Depends if he has D3, WoW, SC2 as well. Still it's bad. I'm kinda mad that these threads aren't being removed.

Xtopher
09-16-2013, 06:45 PM
Depends if he has D3, WoW, SC2 as well. Still it's bad. I'm kinda mad that these threads aren't being removed.

I did ask for permission before posting mine and got the go ahead.

jeff
09-16-2013, 07:20 PM
While I wouldn't do it personally, I have no idea why everyone is getting on this guy's case. If you don't want it, don't participate and don't bump his thread. There's really no point in analyzing the ancillary benefits he gets for undertaking the risk to a) lose his battle.net account (valued by him at $200) and b) not receive his boosters at all when the game launches.

I mean honestly, who is going to enforce the terms of this exchange?

Synesthesia
09-16-2013, 09:16 PM
While I wouldn't do it personally, I have no idea why everyone is getting on this guy's case. If you don't want it, don't participate and don't bump his thread. There's really no point in analyzing the ancillary benefits he gets for undertaking the risk to a) lose his battle.net account (valued by him at $200) and b) not receive his boosters at all when the game launches.

I mean honestly, who is going to enforce the terms of this exchange?

this

The_Wine_Gnat
09-16-2013, 09:24 PM
no point in analyzing the ancillary benefits

Not to bump his thread, but I wanted to give you +1 for using "ancillary" in a sentence. Such a nice change compared to those who don't even understand punctuation.

Gwaer
09-16-2013, 10:03 PM
For the most part this forum has quite good vocabulary and grammar.

Prism
09-16-2013, 11:48 PM
Should have just sold a HS beta key

majin
09-17-2013, 01:08 AM
Should have just sold a HS beta key

agree, it would have enabled him to buy more plats on beta given that he has 2 keys. well, to each his own :)

gosulity
09-17-2013, 03:31 AM
As I said before, I do not sell betakeys. The accounts I have been giving have WoW, SC2 and War3 but no D3. They are not dummy accounts just to let you play Hearthstone which means they are my main battlenet accounts. If I were to get banned, I would lose all those games which I would not give a damn. I have already gave my accounts to two people and there are quite some people on the waiting list so I think my approach to this deal was right. Most of the people here are tcg players and they want to *try* the game rather than get a key/account.

About the account powerleveling :) I do not know why would I need a high level account since there is no benefit to it. Most of the stuff such as achievements, leveling, stats are disabled in beta. The only thing I would gain from others playing on my accounts are 5 win = 5gold which will be used by those players to play in arena (150g entry fee). I believe Hex is so much better than Hearthstone and I do not want spend a lot of time on HS considering the grind you need to play competitively.

gosulity
09-17-2013, 01:48 PM
Updated the account status

I lent the accounts to 4 people and they will be available again on 23.09 Monday.
2 of them were bored of the game in less than 2 days and that is the reason why you should not buy a beta account/key and why I did not sell them.

blakegrandon
09-17-2013, 03:15 PM
If I were to get banned, I would lose all those games which I would not give a damn. I have already gave my accounts to two people and there are quite some people on the waiting list so I think my approach to this deal was right. Most of the people here are tcg players and they want to *try* the game rather than get a key/account.

You do realize sharing your account could get you banned quicker than selling a few beta keys, right?...

2 of them were bored of the game in less than 2 days and that is the reason why you should not buy a beta account/key and why I did not sell them.

Possibly the strangest sales pitch ever for someone trying to rent out your beta accounts...

Why would anyone want to give you booster packs for a good game in exchange for temporary control of a game account for a game that people got bored of quickly?

/Face palm at the fact that 4 "people" gave you 7 boosters each to try a game that will be open for play in less than a month.

That's 28 packs or $56 for temporary access...

Good luck collecting, especially from the guys that quit almost immediately.

gosulity
09-17-2013, 03:28 PM
You are paying boosters for other people's pictures and face palming at people who gave booster for beta testing. Also it was not a sales pitch, if you had read the whole topic you would understand why I said that.

blakegrandon
09-17-2013, 03:45 PM
You are paying boosters for other people's pictures and face palming at people who gave booster for beta testing. Also it was not a sales pitch, if you had read the whole topic you would understand why I said that.

I'm giving away boosters for nothing in exchange, attempting to put faces to the fans.

You on the other hand are renting out an alpha for another game in exchange for product for this game.

Then you complain that there is a chance of you getting banned for selling the account, I and others merely pointed out that you can get banned for "renting" your account probably a lot easier than if you sell the account.

Also find me one person that legitimately paid $200 for a hearthstone beta key, go ahead, just because they're "selling" for $200 doesn't mean people are actually paying for it.

I seriously hope no one was dumb enough to give you 7 booster packs to rent an account that will be available to the masses in a week or two.

Xtopher
09-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Yes, I did. I was bored, wanted to try HS, and 7 boosters will be my gift to gosulity for letting me try it. In fact, I haven't told him yet, but I like the guy enough from chatting with him that I'm going to give him 10 boosters, instead of 7. So, you're not the only one concentrating on community building. I dunno, maybe I have a more accepting notion of who fits into the community, instead of a narrow, people must act a certain way kind of attitude.

His "complaints" about being banned are part of his defense to not being a scammer. He has more to lose than the people he's letting borrow the account.

Don't worry yourself about what other people do that doesn't concern you.

jimmywolf
09-17-2013, 04:14 PM
I'm giving away boosters for nothing in exchange, attempting to put faces to the fans.

You on the other hand are renting out an alpha for another game in exchange for product for this game.

Then you complain that there is a chance of you getting banned for selling the account, I and others merely pointed out that you can get banned for "renting" your account probably a lot easier than if you sell the account.

Also find me one person that legitimately paid $200 for a hearthstone beta key, go ahead, just because they're "selling" for $200 doesn't mean people are actually paying for it.

I seriously hope no one was dumb enough to give you 7 booster packs to rent an account that will be available to the masses in a week or two.

while i don't agree with the guy, so far he been nice an honest. if we really don't agree with him, it be far better too let it go walk away an let the topic fade, then try validate are opinion on who right or wrong.

blakegrandon
09-17-2013, 04:17 PM
So, you're not the only one concentrating on community building. I dunno, maybe I have a more accepting notion of who fits into the community, instead of a narrow, people must act a certain way kind of attitude.

I never said I was. In fact I got my inspiration from people like Hex_Collins and Nico.

He's trying to justify his "pitch" by accusing me of throwing away packs, which is just ludicrous because there is a difference between a giveaway and "renting" an account for a different game.

I'm a rather open and accepting individual, but it's just tacky to "rent" an account in exchange for packs.

"$14" to try a game for five days is lame and in my opinion show's his character. If he was trying to "help" others he would offer his hearthstone keys so people could try it and decide for themselves.

There is nothing benevolent or community building about renting access to a different game, that would be like charging your friends to try Hex.

I'm giving away several squire tiers to my friends to get them into Hex, I plan to give away more booster boxes the closer Hex is to launch, but I'm not in it to be greedy.

There is community building and then there is this, joining a community purely to profit off of it by acting as a game "landlord".

Xtopher
09-17-2013, 04:35 PM
Well, we'll have to agree to disagree on this. A number of people are going to be taking money out of Hex and putting little or nothing in, beyond providing a service to buy/sell cards/packs. After chatting with him and reading his posts (and taking them at face value), I came to the conclusion that he wants to play Hex, not make a profit off it.

I don't see that greed plays a role here.

gosulity
09-17-2013, 05:06 PM
Blakegrandon, I'm not accusing you of anything at all. This is what you said for people who gave packs to try out hearthstone.

Why would anyone want to give you booster packs for a good game in exchange for temporary control of a game account for a game that people got bored of quickly?

And I told that you were giving away your boosters (paying might not be a good word but I'm no English expert sorry) for people to post their pictures. Basicly, people can do whatever they want with their boosters so why would it be weird to use them to play a game you are looking forward to but okey to give them for pictures ?

Also as I explained before in this topic, it is not 14$ for 5 days, it is 7 boosters which you paid a lot less and will have quite a lot at the start of the game. That is why I specificly asks for kickstarter tiers and I refused to lend one of my accounts to Broddr because he is a slacker backer just like me and we will have quite a few boosters at the start so it would be a bad investment for him.

I'm not trying to build a community here, I've never said or intended for that however I'm not trying to earn money too. All I want is kickstart for my own because I do not have a ks package. But I'm not trying to advertise hearthstone for that, you can notice that in my previous message. I do not think hearthstone is a good game but a popular one for sure. Will it affect Hex ? I believe it will, so the more people do not like hearthstone, the more hex players we will have. And since I will play Hex, I would very much like to see people not liking hearthstone.

Rapkannibale
09-20-2013, 05:19 AM
People are willing to pay 200+ bucks to test a game, where all the progress will be reset for launch and launch is not even that far away? That is just weird to me. Just be patient. The game will be free to play. Wait a month or two and play 4 free. Personally Hex will be my main game and Hearthstone will be a fun side activity.

Hemotherapy
09-20-2013, 08:09 AM
People are willing to pay 200+ bucks to test a game, where all the progress will be reset for launch and launch is not even that far away? That is just weird to me. Just be patient. The game will be free to play. Wait a month or two and play 4 free. Personally Hex will be my main game and Hearthstone will be a fun side activity.

+1

ZenBuddhist
09-20-2013, 08:27 AM
I think the reason why some folks are having any issue with this is because it does go against Blizzards' terms of service.

You are renting your account. You can try to hide behind the term "donation" all you want, however a donation is something which is not required. You are requiring payment in order to use these accounts. As such, it is payment.

Renting out your account goes against the developer's rules.

Some people will say rules shmules; apparently you are included in that group. However what's also wrong here is that, as has been pointed out, you are charging people to earn you gold for when the game officially releases. Not only are you profiting from the required "donations", but you are also profiting from the earned gold.

It's shady. And in my opinion certainly does not belong on a developer's official forum.

But if you are so convinced that this is completely above board, I would encourage you to make the same post on Blizzard's official forum.

Daer
09-20-2013, 09:24 AM
He only earns gold at launch if you are dumb enough to purchase packs for real money. Why would you do that on a borrowed account? If people want to spend some of their kickstarter boosters to play Hearthstone who cares?

gosulity
09-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Still people are posting without even reading the previous posts ^^;

gosulity
09-26-2013, 07:04 AM
Only 1 person left in the waiting list, an account will be available on saturday morning

dogmod
09-26-2013, 08:47 AM
The one interesting thing this would bring up would be gamestore accounts. Accounts that a gamestore owned and ran which when you went in you could play on. People are always requesting phantom drafts. What about 2 dollar drafts in the gamestore when you play on the gamestores accounts? Haven't fully hashed out the idea but it would be an interesting "rental" idea that could be sanctioned by CZE