PDA

View Full Version : 3D Models, Animations?

Syphers
09-15-2013, 11:01 AM
It would be pretty awesome if eventually they added some 3d models and animation sequences to Hex, not to overpower the card art but to support it.

ol4ever
09-15-2013, 11:14 AM
3d models to every card i think would be very hard, but maybe NPCs and characters would be a good idea.
But you have to remember the game must run in tablets also, so don't expect much.

nrflorencio
09-15-2013, 11:15 AM
I dont think this is a good idea.

Some years (or many years) ago, i used to play a chess game that had animations for combat. They were cool for the first 20 minutes, then they just became repetitive and i ended up turning them off in the options.

Now, the thing is, why would the team spend resources and time in adding this feature, if everyone would end up switching it off. Cause i believe everyone would be tired of this very fast.

Syphers
09-15-2013, 11:27 AM
I think if the animations were done right they would take up the same amount of time as the current card animation sequence

HyenaNipples
09-15-2013, 11:41 AM
One thing to consider is that the addition of 3D elements opens the door for a million video-card related head aches. Not to mention a drastic increase in gamefile size.

Mindless
09-15-2013, 12:15 PM
I think this is a very bad idea, if you mean like monsters and what not. Effects could be done and be quick as well but mainly I think sound effects would be most important for immersion. Like fire when using burn and a real mortor strike when playing mortor strike. I think this would be much better than having an actual mortor fly across the screen. Monster attcking as well as spellcasters and whatelse will take to long time for their animation most likely and as the ones said above be turned off by anyone playing seriously. Also it will take considerbly much more to make the models and their animation than just having cards like now. That means more work for cryptozoic :/

ossuary
09-15-2013, 12:19 PM
I dont think this is a good idea.

Some years (or many years) ago, i used to play a chess game that had animations for combat. They were cool for the first 20 minutes, then they just became repetitive and i ended up turning them off in the options.

Now, the thing is, why would the team spend resources and time in adding this feature, if everyone would end up switching it off. Cause i believe everyone would be tired of this very fast.

Don't knock Battle Chess. Battle Chess is frickin' awesome. :)

Gwaer
09-15-2013, 12:45 PM
don't knock battle chess. Battle chess is frickin' awesome. :)
qft

Shadowelf
09-15-2013, 02:06 PM
3d models to every card i think would be very hard, but maybe NPCs and characters would be a good idea.
But you have to remember the game must run in tablets also, so don't expect much.

They talked about some 3D animation effects in dungeons, and that the cities will be like 3Dimensional paintings (http://hextcg.com/wakuna-test-video/). Everything else in the Hex world will be 2D (http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013/08/31/dragoncon-2013-hextcg-pvp-design-panel/ check 0:00:50)

jetah
09-15-2013, 09:09 PM
I made a post about this in another thread.. doubt I'll dig it up as I'm on my mobile.

If it was done right it could be awesome.

Frank1397
09-16-2013, 05:08 AM
I loved working for Interplay we made some goods games